broken overbearing copyright robots screwing with my creativity :/

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Our automatic content protection system has detected that your sound "Water Wraith ~ Fly" may contain the following copyright content: "Move It (twoK Remix)" by Vijay & Sofia Zlatko, owned by Emerald & Doreen Records. As a result, its publication on your profile has been blocked.
I just want to share something original I made today with my friends and both MediaFire and SoundCloud are blocking me. :o

This is my little creation:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwdk8r ... sp=sharing

This is what they claim I'm sampling from:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1TtwB5tEEg

This isn't the first time these &$%*# copyright robots have done this to me...it's hard to stay in a good creative groove when I can't share what I create.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that my sounds can fingerprint completely unrelated songs. I'm creating original drum loops in Spark.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

Update: it seems after swearing on a stack of bibles that it's original content soundcloud allowed my upload to go through...I still don't know how their robot is picking up that it's infringing though, it seems to be happening more lately since I've been creating my own drum loops from scratch instead of using loop libraries though. I'm really interested in hearing any ideas on how to prevent this sort of false positive since it's happened to me before.
~ good luck ~

SoundGoddess wrote:Update: it seems after swearing on a stack of bibles that it's original content soundcloud allowed my upload to go through...I still don't know how their robot is picking up that it's infringing though, it seems to be happening more lately since I've been creating my own drum loops from scratch instead of using loop libraries though. I'm really interested in hearing any ideas on how to prevent this sort of false positive since it's happened to me before.
Don't use SoundCloud.

Seriously. This is not the first time I have heard that people providing completely original content get hit with an infringement claim on SoundCloud.

The really ugly corollary is that unscrupulous individuals in the music industry (probably everyone) could use these sweeper bots to claim your music as their property - that is what SoundCloud is doing. To sue to get the rights to your own music would cost a fortune.

I prefer the one with the hot chick.

fese wrote:I prefer the one with the hot chick.
A quick jam session isn't going to be as polished as a professional song, that doesn't mean they should have the ability to claim ownership over my original creation. The point in linking the two is to show that I'm not sampling from their song and that they don't sound alike to where anyone would mix them up.
~ good luck ~

SODDI wrote: Don't use SoundCloud.

Seriously. This is not the first time I have heard that people providing completely original content get hit with an infringement claim on SoundCloud.

The really ugly corollary is that unscrupulous individuals in the music industry (probably everyone) could use these sweeper bots to claim your music as their property - that is what SoundCloud is doing. To sue to get the rights to your own music would cost a fortune.
This is ridiculous. The robots are broken so they really shouldn't be using them. It's unethical of them to do so when their programming is so poorly written as to produce false positives with songs that don't sound remotely similar.
~ good luck ~

SoundGoddess wrote:
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong that my sounds can fingerprint completely unrelated songs. I'm creating original drum loops in Spark.
To me the holy grail of IP law would be if a media corporation presses a lawsuit against you over your own creative work, claiming it is not yours. That gets into all kinds of counterclaim potential.

Copyright law is a dull weapon, in the sense of being useful to attack someone for using or distributing your creative works.

But Copyright is a *very* powerful weapon in a situation where someone claims that they are the owner of your creative work (i.e., that you are not) and proceeds to seek a court judgement against you.

I realize Soundcloud is merely preventing an upload, and not actually suing you on a performance or distribution rights question over your own work, but if that did happen, you could turn it into a judgment giving you a comfortable retirement.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”