Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibidy-
Thanks for commenting. Everyone goes for something different, I suppose. Kind of like dating.

I personally always liked Fenders, but for some time now, I'm infatuated with the PRS line as well as the Parker Fly line. I don't own either one of these, but the styling and builds of the ones I've played are just great to me. They're definitely unique, which adds to their appeal IMHO.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I mostly love them all :lol:

PRS, many many fenders (I have a lovely strat) Carvins, I spend hours just drooling over at sevenstring.org....so much win!

BERFAB wrote:I personally always liked Fenders, but for some time now, I'm infatuated with the PRS line as well as the Parker Fly line. I don't own either one of these, but the styling and builds of the ones I've played are just great to me. They're definitely unique, which adds to their appeal IMHO.
I've been getting into Jazzmasters and Jaguars lately. We're going to make a Jaguar version of this:

It's funny you put up the bass, Uncle E. While I think the PRS line of guitars (just about all of 'em) are the sexiest works of art around, there's something about the styling of some of the late model basses (Carvin has a couple, Ibby and a few others as well) that just makes me want to get them and hang them on a wall. Something about the lines, the curves, the oversized cutaways, the thickness of the wood (the dark naturals are especially appealing) is just downright beautiful.

Just read that paragraph over and it looks like something from a pulp fiction novel. Cold shower time... :D

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Just shoot me now and get me out of my own stupidity.

I just bought this on ebay

It is a Guitar Research (no not schecter actually Sam Ash house brand) Eddie Durham JX17S made by Peerless in 2006
It's shape is similar to the D'angelico EXL Durham didn't play D'angelico's he was known for playing a gibson ES 150 non cutaway.

The specs on the ED JX17 are identical to a Carlo Robelli Manhattan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwY6QlP ... e9KYTvWhZA

Same scale length, same woods, same floating pickup about the only difference is the tailpiece. I'm praying it will sound similar to the Robelli plugged in. So far the only video of the JX17 I've found the guy is playing it acoustically. And comparing that to videos of the Robelli mentioned above they sound about the same acoustically. I'm not going to know until I have it in my hands and that happens ...6 days from now.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Looks great!

I've got the hots for this:

I thought maybe I was smart enough to figure that the satin matte black on natural wood was something unique......nope :lol:

I really want to wait until next year for my "next guitar" but I'm so in love with the idea!

Sort of a...after christmas present for yourself then.

My Godin nylon string has a nice maple top with a satin finish. Nice, no smudge marks.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Well, between the dentist, the car, getting the carpets cleaned (though that comes out of the house fund) xmas and "unknowns" I figured I didn't want to get myself caught like last time. It's about 1500 bucks, so 300 down and 1200 due when finished. Plus I haven't decided if I want the natural body/neck to be tung oiled or satin matte like the body top.

hibidy wrote:Well, between the dentist, the car, getting the carpets cleaned (though that comes out of the house fund) xmas and "unknowns" I figured I didn't want to get myself caught like last time. It's about 1500 bucks, so 300 down and 1200 due when finished. Plus I haven't decided if I want the natural body/neck to be tung oiled or satin matte like the body top.
It's really striking with the tung oil back and it'll certainly impact the way the neck feels (for the better, IMO).

my new guitar arrived last week and i cant keep my mitts off it. i'll try to post a photo if i can find my camera.

yeah that's right, i don't have a camera on my phone.

i'm going to have to build a pedal board :hyper:

:party:

My Carvin gas is off the hook.......not sure I can contain it much longer :scared: I'm starting to justify it :lol: Little games like......."well, they won't finish it until next year" and "your spending account is much higher this month and "well, you can sell off a bunch of plugins really cheap at KVR to pay for it when it done :help:

Must...........enjoy..............what...........I have............. :bang:

that Carvin looks rather tasty :love:

hibidy wrote:My Carvin gas is off the hook.......not sure I can contain it much longer :scared: I'm starting to justify it :lol: Little games like......."well, they won't finish it until next year" and "your spending account is much higher this month and "well, you can sell off a bunch of plugins really cheap at KVR to pay for it when it done :help:

Must...........enjoy..............what...........I have............. :bang:
I wonder if you'll like a maple fretboard? The extra chime and glass is really pretty sounding clean but it can be edgy through high gain, at least compared to a rosewood fretboard.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”