ESC autolooping question

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, it's not often I come around here.
I use the autoloop function in Extreme Sample Converter a lot, and about 95 percent of the time, it finds a perfect loop, especially if the sample originally was supposed to loop in the first place. but let's say I have a sample where the loop repeats several times. The autoloop feature will loop closer to the end. Then I have to move the loop points back until I get it as close to the beginning of the sample as possible without getting into the pre-loop section and
creating a click or jump. I tried looking in the autoloop settings, all I can do is specify the search range for the loop, which really isn't what I need because it still isn't preferring the beginning of that range. I tried reversing the samples first, and for some reason this had no effect, the loop points were close to the beginning in the reversed file, and so would be close to the end in the normal sample.
Some of the samples I have tested, I have looped myself with crossfade, then copied and pasted the loop several times, so it would be fairly easy to find that loop. Even so, Extreme Sample Converter still wants to move toward the end, though it does get the loop length right. This is all just very confusing to me and I can't quite figure it out.
I'm currently working on a job which will
have hundreds of samples which will need looped, most of which are hardware tones which have already been looped in the synth. I would like to convert these sounds to software for my personal use, and really don't want to do the loop editing manually, though I would be willing to check the loops to make sure they sounded clean. Apart from that, I don't want to go moving the loop points around on every sample.
Is there a way to get the autoloop feature to loop as close to the start as possible? If not, is anyone aware of another sample editing program which supports similar automatic looping functions for PC that may do better?
Your help is greatly appreciated!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”