Ozone 6 Announced!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ozone 8 Standard

I just wrote Izotope. Only tried v.6 briefly. I too prefer v.5

jantex wrote: .... I really suggest that people write to iZotope through customer support forum like I did. I think they might realize what a fail the concept of Ozone 6 is and bring us the missing features. ....
As with RX3 I will not be upgrading from Ozone 5, there is simply not enough value, I'll be sticking with RX3 Adv & Ozone 5 Adv for the forseeable.
I'm sure there will also be other developers looking to exploit this space, IMO, ball well and truly dropped :shrug:.

I'll admit I got on the boat with RX4 Advanced by buying RX3 during the buy and get 4 free thing. So I only played with 3 for a short while before 4 became available. I actually like RX4, when connect works (not often and not with hosts I care about but sometimes) it's pretty useful. The other features are decent. I do think the upgrade price for Advanced is way too much and a total cash grab. But RX4 is definitely better than RX3 in a lot of ways.

Ozone 6 however isn't better in any single way than Ozone 5 (I don't have advanced on Ozone but would have considered upgrading to it if 6 was awesome). Even the UI, which at first seems better, isn't since it doesn't let you do the things you could do before. It doesn't let you do the things you need to do. It doesn't let you do the things you'd like to do but couldn't with 5. As a result it is actually bad too. Nicer UI that doesn't work is not an improvement. Ozone 6 is a giant mistake that just makes me mad thinking about how much they ruined what was a great product. #ozone6downgrade
-Matt

Problems here with Ozone 6 and Latest Live 9 64 bit beta version running on latest OSX.
Serious latency and cpu spikes and also Vectorscope does not work.

Also wrote iZotope how disappointed I am
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

This is almost an Orwellian release, in which crappier is better, and forward is backwards. Are they competing for the title of the most anus driven “upgrade” ever?!... This is a fart and there is nothing to diffuse it with; even reverb is removed.
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

On another forum it was said you can use a 3rd party VST in that last module. Is that true? If so, that would be one good thing.

clintmartin wrote:On another forum it was said you can use a 3rd party VST in that last module. Is that true? If so, that would be one good thing.
They should just strip it all, release the GUI and make it a build-your-own-mastering-plug. :(

clintmartin wrote:On another forum it was said you can use a 3rd party VST in that last module. Is that true? If so, that would be one good thing.
Only in the Standalone, if it was in the DAW version it would be great
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

msorrels wrote:I'll admit I got on the boat with RX4 Advanced by buying RX3 during the buy and get 4 free thing. So I only played with 3 for a short while before 4 became available. I actually like RX4, when connect works (not often and not with hosts I care about but sometimes) it's pretty useful. The other features are decent. I do think the upgrade price for Advanced is way too much and a total cash grab. But RX4 is definitely better than RX3 in a lot of ways.
OK, yeah. I was exaggerating a bit with what I wrote about RX4. It's not as bad as the Ozone 6 downgrade (no features dropped from RX3, IIRC) but it wasn't much of an upgrade...not for the price. RX4 Advanced looks more tempting of an upgrade over the standard version. It does cost quite a bit though, unfortunately.

I sent a link to this thread to support with an informative note. They know this thread is here. How could they not?
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Poor Izotope. Their Ozone releases seem to be cursed.

I seem to recall that for the O5 release, there was a HUGE outcry regarding the price and the update price. And, IRRC, after numerous complaints, Izotope eventually adjusted their prices and essentially did a do-over.

Perhaps O6 is on that path as well?

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

If they bother about their rep and take their users serious they certainly should do something...and quickly.

rustman wrote:I sent a link to this thread to support with an informative note. They know this thread is here. How could they not?

Some believe ignorance is bliss ;)
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Just in case some of you missed it ...

Link to the thread over at GS :
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... t-now.html

Return to “Effects”