October Contest: Voting

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Vote for your Top 10 favorite compositions, in order (most-favorite = #1, proceed downward).

Voting ends on early a.m. (US Central Time), Saturday, November 1.

No voting for yourself. Voters must have had 20 prior posts, or at least have participated in the contest this month.

Once you place your vote, you cannot change it, unless permission has been granted by the moderator.

In the case of equal scores after voting, entries will be separated by how many 10 pts (i.e., how many #1 votes) they got, then 9 pts and so on. (Thanks to OSC for this rule.)

You must participate in voting to win prizes!

Thanks and good luck.
No longer a moderator.

Fist one to vote gets a free cruise spam call :hihi:

00000001: bzur
00000002: davidstiles
00000003: barnadine
00000004: kryptonaut
00000005: kaade
00000006: startibarfast
00000007: LagunaRising
00000008: Shangsean
00000009: interferon
00000010: SpaceCoyote
Heinrich Heine wrote: "Nothing is more futile than theorizing about music."
Me write: "I have no talent and regularly prove it in the Music Cafe contests"

...and second to vote actually gets the cruise. But in keeping with this month's theme, it is on the Costa Concordia!

1 shangsean - o4
2 bzur - Leviathan
3 kryptonaut - Freedive
4 Aziraphal - Going Deep
5 DocJon - Wreck of the Nautilus
6 Interferon - Shipwreck Secrets
7 Barnadine - The Mermaid Call
8 Space Coyote - Plongeur
9 David Stiles - I Walked Into the Water
10 Laguna Rising - Unlit Colors
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

As usual, didn't get to submit my own track, but at least I remembered to listen early enough to vote this month!

1. kryptonaut
2. Interferon
3. bzur
4. DocJon
5. Barnadine
6. shangsean
7. beanpole
8. Laguna Rising
9. Aziraphal
10. Space Coyote

Here are my votes, and some thoughts to go along with them. Good to hear such well developed tunes.

01 kryptonaut freedive
Delicate fluty sounds caught my imagination right from the start. Then it got better! Really enjoyed the way this developed.

02 Aziraphal GoingDeep
Well I expected a rich mixture of sounds (and a piano), along with excellent playing... seems I got all of those. Soundcloud's in-line player failed, but I was able to follow that very impressive youtube link.

03 slartibartfast Pacific
Nice to see you on here again. Very immersive track. lovely smooth sounds washing into each other. Very restful, but slightly sad.

04 Barnadine MermaidCall
A song! With words! Simple, but very well done. Some nice little details in the background.

05 davidstiles IWalkedIntoTheWaterAndVoyagedToTheOceanDepths
Delightfully orchestrated entry. Says 'sea'. Not entirely convinced it also says 'under'. Soundcloud's player... it's been getting steadily worse since they 'improved' it.

06 bzur/OrbitalArbeiter Leviathan
Powerful orchestration in this. Lerviathan indeed!

07 Peppy197 Titanic Soundscape
Some very clever ideas here, especially the way the piano 'sinks'.

08 Shangsean o4
Another soundscapy thing. Delicious mysterious sounds. The 'machine' background works rather well.

09 ClaRago Many fish in the sea
Enjoyable lightweight melodies and backing sounds.

10 DocJon WreckofTheNautilus
Another smoothie. Quite liked the morse code at first, but would have preferred to have not kept coming back once it had set the theme.

SpaceCoyote Plongeur
Welcome to the contest! Ooo. Like that guitar - pity you had to chop the end off so abruptly.

beanpole Under The Sea
Typical beanpole off-the-wall song. Enjoyed it.

LagunaRising UnlitColors
Very appropriate title. Nicely done once it gets going. Enjoyed the ripply sounds, but the intro sounded more like a water tank!

interferon ShipwreckSecrets
Interesting. More soundscape than music, but draws you in.

kaade fathom
Some interesting sounds here, and the theme sort of held together, but somehow it didn't really seem to fit the title later on.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

01 - Kryptonaut - free dive
02 - David Stiles - I Walked Into The Water And Voyaged To The Ocean Depths
03 - Barnadine - Mermaid Call
04 - Peppy197 - Titanic Soundscape
05 - ClaRago - Many fish in the sea
06 - Space Coyote - Plongeur
07 - DocJon - Wreck of The Nautilus
08 - Aziraphal - Going Deep
09 - Kaade - fathom
10 - Slartibartfast - Pacific

Well this was difficult. Knew I was in trouble when I looked at my notes and everything was 3 to 7. Did give me another chance to go through them all with headphones on which was enjoyable.

1. Shangsean - o4
2. Kryptonaut - Freedive
3. DocJon - Wreck of the Nautilus
4. slartibartfast - Pacific
5. bzur - Leviathan
6. DavidStiles - I walked Into The Water
7. Aziraphal - Going Deep
8. Barnadine - The Mermaid Call
9. Laguna Rising - Unlit Colors
10. Peppy197 - Titanic Soundscape

Here it is, everyone did a great work, very hard to choose:

01 Aziraphal
02 Laguna Rising
03 DavidStiles
04 Doc Jon
05 Shangesan
06 slartibartfast
07 Barnadine
08 Kaade
09 bzur
10 Space Coyote

1 davidstiles
2 Aziraphal
3 bzur
4 Space Coyote
5 Laguna Rising
6 Shangsean
7 kryptonaut
8 slartibartfast
9 peppy197
10 ClaRago

Jon

This was such a great month! You all made excellent, inspiring music, and it was hard to make my picks. But here we go:

1) Laguna Rising - Unlit Colors - I absolutely love the first thirty seconds of this track - it sharply triggered good childhood memories of standing in dimly lit aquarium galleries, quietly watching the sea life moving in the huge tanks. Really nice work.

2) Slartibartfast - Pacific - Extremely pleasing ambiance. It really made me feel like I was floating in the sea.

3) Barnadine - The Mermaid Call - Beautiful song, with a great vocal performance. Thank you!

4) Shangsean - o4 - Very skillfully constructed ambient track, gives an excellent sense of the wonder you'd feel upon viewing the deeper regions of the sea.

5) Bzur/Orbital Arbeiter - Leviathan - Very effective, slow build-up to the arrival of the threat and a nice maintenance of tension afterward.

6) kryptonaut - Freedive - Made me think of 80s movie soundtracks, with very cool synth sounds and a nice driving bass.

7) Doc Jon - Wreck of the Nautilus - Neat idea of reusing your old themes, it all adds up to a very relaxing track. Did I hear a theremin in there for a brief moment, or did I just imagine that?

8) Peppy197 - Titanic's Soundscape - Cool narrative concept, and you definitely succeed in creating an eerie feel.

9) Interferon - Shipwreck Secrets - Another appealing ambient work, and I like your usage of bells.

10) Clarago - Many fish in the sea - I liked how you developed and overlapped your sound layers here. Very effectively done.

A huge honourable mention to the rest, which were all great as well.

01 Bzur / OrbitalArbeiter - Leviathan Pure Godzilla soundtrack :love:

02 david stiles - I Walked Into The Water .... - There's a whole Dr Seuss story unfolding under the surface! I even heard a cat (in the proverbial hat)

03 DocJon - Wreck of The Nautilus - The mixture of this heavenly laidback lounge and SOS signals is actually pretty disturbing

04 Peppy197 - Titanic Soundscape - Touching sinking piano blues.

05 SpaceCoyote - Plongeur Welcome to the pub :) Cool tribute to first underwator pioneers. Great playing!

06 beanpole - Under The Sea Trademark songwriting and voice :tu:

07 slartibartfast- Pacific Very lovely strings and caressing ambience production

08 kryptonaut - Freedive It's a better world down there, said Enzo in Le Grand Bleu, must be true.

09 kaade - Fathom - Very lovely seabed landscape. With bells on :love:

10 Barnadine - Mermaid Call A pretty depressed drowning sailor here... the whole mix conveys the squishy suffocating feeling.

And thanks to everybody for lovely listening driving home in the dark of the coming winter :)
Cheers Matt
Every time you use autotune, God kills a kitten.
Please, think of the kittens.

This month was a pretty strong collection, but here's how I saw it:

1. Bzur
2. Slartibartfast
3. Interferon
4. Doc Jon
5. Laguna Rising
6. Barnadine
7. Peppy197
8. Aziraphal
9. Kryptonaut
10. DavidStiles