IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

DarkStar wrote:
Arrested Developer wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:@antithesist - Yes, your suggestion of crossgrade/upgrade paths was noticed, appreciated, and relayed. Thank you for that.

To those unfamiliar:
antithesist wrote:I think there should be an LE version that is the FREE plus import (no SE or Full content)... $25 from stank 2XL and $50 from other IK products.

Sorry, if i haven't read the whole thread (and in my userarea i can't find the information).
I have the total bundle 3, which means that i can use all the sampletank libraries in 32bit versions.
What's the priciest upgrade to be able to use the libraries (sampletron etc.) in 64bit versions?
SampleTank 3 SE. That will Import all the "Legacy" libraries.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank3se/
Then i don't understand the quoted post. It says $25 from stank 2XL and $50 from other IK products while the link says 79.99... There is no crossgrade/upgrade that i can find.
I think $80 just to have a 64bit version is absurd.

^^^^
That product (SampleTank 3 LE) and those prices are ones that antithesist has suggested; not an existing product.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:@antithesist - Yes, your suggestion of crossgrade/upgrade paths was noticed, appreciated, and relayed. Thank you for that.

I can't see the crossgrad/upgrade path.
80 bucks for ST3 LE is the normal price for everyone; there is no crossgrade/upgrade, it's just a normal price.
Therefore i don't understand that statement.

translation: "you've been heard, maybe down the line we'll offer crossgrade/upgrade paths, but at the moment, no such thing is available"
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo, thanks for getting the facts straight!

I didn't think that needed translation, sorry if it was unclear. SampleTank 3 SE is not "$80 just to have a 64bit version" it includes a 6.5GB library, a great selection of MIDI files and loops, plus all other engine features and stellar effects from SampleTank 3 (including being 64-bit). Please visit http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3se for full information.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I didn't think that needed translation, sorry if it was unclear. SampleTank 3 SE is not "$80 just to have a 64bit version" it includes a 6.5GB library, a great selection of MIDI files and loops, plus all other engine features and stellar effects from SampleTank 3 (including being 64-bit). Please visit http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3se for full information.
Hi Peter,
i see your point, but maybe you don't see mine...
I don't need additional samples, i have absolutey no use for Midi files (i'm a composer myself) and i don't need additional effects in the sampler, since i don't use them. I have all the fx i use - also some of IK Multimedia - in my workstation where i can decide if i insert them or put them on a bus.
So, actually what i'm looking for is the possiblity to use my Sampletron Samples (i don't use the other libraries that much) in a 64bit player.
And for this purpose, the price is much too high.

I saw and see your point - I merely pointed out that SampleTank 3 (including SE) is more than a 64-bit update/facelift). There has been a lot of discussion about this in the past, so this post on our IK forum was posted for reference: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewt ... =12&t=6909

Your best case, it seems, would be to bridge the 32-bit plugins if you can and are looking to use the previous Powered By SampleTank libraries in a 64-bit environment without using SampleTank 3 or SampleTank 3 SE.

I knwo that many were interested in purchasing or purchased SampleTank 3 through Sweetwater and I didn't see mention of this hands-on review by Mitch Gallagher here yet so here it is: http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/hands- ... pletank-3/

"a killer sampled library driven by a powerful synth engine that operates efficiently and loads quickly, with tons of effects and processing capabilities" :)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I knwo that many were interested in purchasing or purchased SampleTank 3 through Sweetwater and I didn't see mention of this hands-on review by Mitch Gallagher here yet so here it is: http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/hands- ... pletank-3/
One thing that is a no-go concerning ST3 for me, is that it is such a big hard drive guzzler. The included samples are like 2/3 "air" when unpacked.

Other sample makers have gone from using uncompressed Wavs, to compression format that make the content smaller and more hard drive friendly.

This was an issue I therefore had hoped had been resolved with ST3.

I notice in the review that it mentions quick loading, I dunno if that is an issue with using compressed audio, and maybe why IK still haven't implemented such a solution.

Most things load pretty quickly, the exceptions being the large piano patches.

Anyways, it always makes me happy to see a completely unbiased independent review!

Unfortunately, that wasn't it. :lol:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

yeah, that read like a commercial, unfortunately. but then, most of the reviews are. no one will say, oh, this plugin is crap, never buy it. i've read another review in an online magazine, i think it was MusicRadar - do they ever give anything less than 4 stars?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Bombadil wrote: Anyways, it always makes me happy to see a completely unbiased independent review!

Unfortunately, that wasn't it. :lol:
From what I've seen online most people seem to fall all over themselves for and trust Mitch's reviews (especially on the iOS side) but I guess when you add an IK product in there it makes it easy to assume the worst for some.

Either way, you also have some user reviews here and other sites like Gearslutz, Future Producers, etc and those are not biased and are pretty good too. I know it may be a bit of a leap of faith here on KVR, but there are actually quite a few people that really like SampleTank 3 :)

Burillo wrote:yeah, that read like a commercial, unfortunately. but then, most of the reviews are. no one will say, oh, this plugin is crap, never buy it. i've read another review in an online magazine, i think it was MusicRadar - do they ever give anything less than 4 stars?
My sentiments exactly,as neither Mitch Gallagher..nor anyone else at Sweetwater,will be forthright in their reviews.
If you want a completely honest review,you'll have to resort to Sound On Sound Magazine.I want to be clear...that I am neither bashing Sweetwater or IKM...as I would much rather deal with Sweetwater(over a company like GuitarCenter) and IKM(over Native Instruments).

I haven't spent an enormous amount of time with ST3(due to my frustrations with waiting for my Alesis Vi61 keyboard)...but thus far,I love the ethnic instruments,the drums,the basses,the guitars and the effects....but all of the synths sounds(and I DO mean all of them),are utterly unusable.

The orchestral stuff is a slight upgrade from what I already had in my arsenal,but the sample libraries for Kontakt 5's FREE player,are soooo much better...which makes ST3 somewhat pathetic for a price tag of $350.

Needless to say,I will not be purchasing additional libraries for ST3...not ever,as I think it would be much more wise for me to try and get Kontakt 5 Player up & running correctly and/or,invest more into my Reason 7 DAW.

Don't get me wrong...as ST3 is a unique module and offers some very appealing features and functionality...but I think I should have just gone with the SE version and spent the difference elsewhere.
Last edited by AlesisVi61 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”