I guess it's synth month because U-HE is finishing the new Hive synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trancegates are so XXth century and were made obsolete by well featured sequencers and LFOs.

If the Hive could get a Sylenth (or Predator) style sequencer and Vanguards Trance Gate, including the possibility to load/save presets I would be very happy... :hyper:

(Must admit that TG is one of my favorite effects ever... :P )

If Hive:

Looks good.
Is easy to use.
Has a huge number of great presets that are carefully sorted for quick and easy access.
Has a wide variety of usable sounds.
Is reasonably priced.
Sounds good (unlike Serum, for example).

-Then I'll buy it.

Noticed people are talking about Sylenth-killer. Well, the two things I hate about Sylenth are its:

- Remarkable ugliness.
- Terrible file organisation.

Apart from those two things, it's wonderful. But if an alternative came out that perfectly fixed those two things and also sounded as good, then I would lunge at it.

Currently, I feel bad when I look at Sylenth. And I don't get value from pre-sets and tweaks because it's such a messy/useless file system.

TG must stay.

Urs can the effects be moved around in the chain?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

martingifford wrote:If Hive:

Looks good.
Is easy to use.
Has a huge number of great presets that are carefully sorted for quick and easy access.
Has a wide variety of usable sounds.
Is reasonably priced.
Sounds good (unlike Serum, for example).

-Then I'll buy it.
I think Serum sounds very good, but I mostly agree with you.

martingifford wrote:Sounds good (unlike Serum, for example).
I'm sure somebody who doesn't really know what they're doing can make Hive sound just as crappy as Serum. Both synths provide a degree of quality and control that allow one to make some of the crappiest sounds ever heard in a software synthesizer. Indeed, a crappiness only dreamed about with the likes of Sylenth.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

wasn't Spire the latest "definitive Sylenth killer"? :roll: I notice a supposed "definitive Sylenth killer" comes out three or four times a year :) Now it's "Hive" turn? This means Sylenth1 is still the landmark. It's the reference point, like it or not.

mhog wrote:wasn't Spire the latest "definitive Sylenth killer"? :roll: I notice a supposed "definitive Sylenth killer" comes out three or four times a year :) Now it's "Hive" turn? This means Sylenth1 is still the landmark. It's the reference point, like it or not.
No it was DUNE 2 that was the latest suppost "definitive Sylenth killer" :P
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I think the main difference between Spire and Sylenth, and also the thing why it is not considered a Sylenth killer (even though i wonder why it is necessary to be a Sylenth "killer" :P) is, that it takes much more processing power than Sylenth, which is not the case with The Hive. I don't know whether Sylenth should be a reference point though, i didn't play around with it nearly enough to judge that, but i guess there's got to be something to it, with so many people convinced of it, and with the status it achieved as a standard weapon in EDM production. :)

chk071 wrote:[..] it takes much more processing power than Sylenth, which is not the case with The Hive.
How do you know that? Betatester? Oh, by the way IMHO the only Sylenth1 killer is Sylenth2 :party:

mhog wrote:
chk071 wrote:[..] it takes much more processing power than Sylenth, which is not the case with The Hive.
How do you know that? Betatester?
No, but: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p5919081

Urs (U-he) just wrote: "Hive 13%, the other synth 27%". I guess he means "Diva". Now, when Diva is 27% (and Hive 13%), Sylenth1 is usually 6-7%.

It is Sylenth. :) There have been enough indications. Just read through the threads, or use the forum search.

mhog wrote:Urs (U-he) just wrote: "Hive 13%, the other synth 27%". I guess he means "Diva". Now, when Diva is 27% (and Hive 13%), Sylenth1 is usually 6-7%.
I'm quite sure he doesn't mean Diva. He would say so if he did. Currently I would assume Sylenth1, but I could be wrong.

Return to “Instruments”