Imperial Delay by Boz Digital only $299..

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Imperial Delay

Did a quick demo. Seems OK, nothing amazing. Feels a little unfinished.
They're not going to sell many when the promo price ends.

valerian_777 wrote:
careyletendre wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:Do you ever dreamed of paying $299 for a delay plugin in 2014?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That would be funny were it actually $299.

:roll:
This topic is about the real price not the intro price.

Thanx for your contribution (or whatever you call it), people like you making KVR a place to stay away (and keep your stupid :roll: for yourself, you deserved it!).
:roll:

db3 wrote:Feels a little unfinished.
Better be finished in two weeks before the 299.00 price comes in. :D
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Demoed it a little bit, but couldn't tweak it into making a sound that I *really* liked.

They have a youtube video entitled "Killing the Eventide H3000", but I don't see how that could happen.
Maybe for microshift it's decent, but at that price I would expect something novel with lots of features or something intensely musical like the Soundtoys PrimalTap. Probably worth the intro price but not something I have use for given the alternatives.

Also it seems that the 0.1ms delay time is way more than 0.1ms, or maybe it's just a combination of parameters?

Do I think it's a dumb marketing move? Yes. I think pretty much all of Waves is a dumb marketing move, too.

How does it compare to, say, PSP echo? It's better IMO. I think $125 would've been a good list price.

The last delay i bought was tritik delay (top notch price) and is way better then this Imperial.. lol
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:The last delay i bought was tritik delay (top notch price) and is way better then this Imperial.. lol
Really no need to continue to bash it. We get it, you're not impressed by Imperial Delay. Cool, now that we've established that, how about some constructive comments? Or even better: move along. :tu:
[Insert Signature Here]

Everybody knows a software delay for less than the price of a real hardware unit can't be any good! :D

But seriously - this is ridiculous. It's either temporal insanity or greed - neither if which I feel like supporting.

I hear a lot of people say that Apple's products are overpriced. But then Apple sells loads of iPhones, iPads and Macbooks.
I think some people only complain because they can't afford it.
Wonder whether my advice worth a penny? Check my music at Soundcloud and decide for yourself.
re:vibe and Loki Fuego @ Soundcloud

Loki Fuego wrote:I hear a lot of people say that Apple's products are overpriced. But then Apple sells loads of iPhones, iPads and Macbooks.
I think some people only complain because they can't afford it.
No some people just spend their whole money in expensive things just because marketing wins over cleverness and wiseness.
And 299bucks for a delay is just ridiculous...

Proteinshake wrote:It's either temporal insanity or greed
i think it's a bit of both. either way, what balls !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QhIxceULEo

S'ecuse me s'ecuse me...

Hicks Legend!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

bailees7irish wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:The last delay i bought was tritik delay (top notch price) and is way better then this Imperial.. lol
Really no need to continue to bash it. We get it, you're not impressed by Imperial Delay. Cool, now that we've established that, how about some constructive comments? Or even better: move along. :tu:
Or you could start a new thread and discuss the plugin itself. As the title says, 'Imperial Delay by Boz Digital only $299..'

So feel free to move along yourself. :tu:

What's with the intro vid audio all out do sync, looks very semi pro. Also I think a neutral VO is always better. The jokey style is cool if you are from that country, but others just don't get it. Nothing against the guy who did it, I just found it distracting and a lot of the time not really relevant.

I find the Dan Worrel style better suited to demos like this, but maybe that's a cultural thing too.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

This is a nice little delay (the feedback seems to go from not-enough to crazy-loud-aggressive too quickly), but I think the $59 price is the only shot Boz has at selling any of these.

I mean, UAD delays don't even go for $300, and they are branded, meticulously-modeled, beautifully-rendered, and have a massive industry rep. Boz has been around for—what, a year?—with some OK plug-ins with passable GUIs. I get nervous enough shelling out hundreds to UAD and Waves—how do I know this little company is going to be around in a couple years? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Meanwhile, tritik hits the streets at 9€ with virtually the same features. I'd really rethink that price.

Return to “Effects”