What are your top three VST-Synths for 2014 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For me,

Spectral
Dune two
Serum

All unique synths which bring something special to the mix.
Musicmaker: "I'm playing all the right notes, but not neccesarily in the right order" Eric Morecame : Comedy Bhoddisatva

yemski wrote:For me,

Spectral
Dune two
Serum

All unique synths which bring something special to the mix.
Very analog list you got there, sir.

Spire
SynthMaster 2
Dune 2
Serum

The top 3 that I enjoy using the most in 2014 so far are

Massive
Zebra 2
Bazille
Last edited by V0RT3X on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Diva
Lush 101
Dune 2
Serum
ALchemy
Morphox

2014 seemed to be a great year for fans of wavetable synthesis. Those 5 synths i got this year are all capable of wavetable synthesis:
PPG Wavegenerator, PPG Wavemapper 2, Synapse Audio DUNE 2, Waves Codex, Tone2 Electra 2 (upgrade from ElectraX).
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Most used:
Xils PolyKB II, Madrona Labs Aalto, Modartt Pianoteq 5

Top new for 2014:
- Madrona Labs Kaivo
modular granular physical modelling thing, how can it not be fun?
- Roland SH-02
quirky, simple, lots of bass
- Xils XILS 4
quirky, complicated, acid!

Serum
Dune 2
Electra 2

Serum is the only one I bought, the other 2 I just demoed but plan to get them eventually.

Would you buy Dune 2 after owning Alchemy, Blue II, Diva, Bazille, Serum, Lush and Spire? I owned Electra2, sold it because I didnt like it. Cant demo Dune 2 anymore :(

A nice thing for me about Dune 2 is how easy and quick you can layer sound.

kuzami wrote:Would you buy Dune 2 after owning Alchemy, Blue II, Diva, Bazille, Serum, Lush and Spire? I owned Electra2, sold it because I didnt like it. Cant demo Dune 2 anymore :(
Dune is one I'd like to demo again. But like you my demo time expired. I wonder if i can email richard@synapse and see if he can give me another go with the demo.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
kuzami wrote:Would you buy Dune 2 after owning Alchemy, Blue II, Diva, Bazille, Serum, Lush and Spire? I owned Electra2, sold it because I didnt like it. Cant demo Dune 2 anymore :(
Dune is one I'd like to demo again. But like you my demo time expired. I wonder if i can email richard@synapse and see if he can give me another go with the demo.
They will reset the demo period when they release an update soon. See here:
forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11127

Depends on your music genre. Dune 2 is one of the best EDM lead synths, so yes if you want that.
My latest crazy track "The Quick Brown Fox sampled the Lazy Dog": http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=425647
15 Free DIVA Presets: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5892108

Aalto and bazille i have the most fun to program and these sound great, then i would pick maybe diva or tal bassline 101
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Synchanter wrote:
Depends on your music genre. Dune 2 is one of the best EDM lead synths, so yes if you want that.
Dune 2 is an amazing synth, just got my copy recently, nothing about it tells me I "have" to make EDM with it though, :lol: Yeah some of the presets are a bit hands in the air (though I press patch ini - program something for the job at hand, not really a preset user) ...I use it for film score/soundtrack work to ambient to sound design ..., you name it really it's a great all rounder. I love the thickness & width you get from all toughs fat oscillator layers. :clap: They did a really great job on this one.

Cheers!

Return to “Instruments”