The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

I gave up on Bitwig for now... There are just too many things I would miss from Live

Bitwig is still on my long term radar, but my enthusiasm is over for now

There are so many things I like, but it does seem like it's not there yet. I was thinking maybe with 1.1 it was worth demoing, getting used to and then some things are fixed/improved but I'm not sure now.

hibidy wrote:There are so many things I like, but it does seem like it's not there yet. I was thinking maybe with 1.1 it was worth demoing, getting used to and then some things are fixed/improved but I'm not sure now.
I just cannot accept the lack of a count-in for recording clips... I do that too much in Live.

But it is still my long term plan to switch to Bitwig... maybe 1.2

Wait a minute.. this is the happy happy Bitwig cats thread, whining you do at Bitwig forum :D

haha, doesn't seem like it :lol:

But for old times sake.......

Lol, I'm still banned from Bitwig forum.. where did I go wrong? Will they ban this profile too, after reading this? :P

hibidy wrote:
But for old times sake.......

All righty... :hihi:

|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

CrazyLittleSomething wrote:Lol, I'm still banned from Bitwig forum.. where did I go wrong? Will they ban this profile too, after reading this? :P
How is anyone "banned" from the bitwig forum? That's where I start wondering what is really going on. I guess I just can't win with this. I'm trying the demo in good faith, I've had some issues, I've tried to seek some answers (haven't really gotten any for the most part) do I really need to just give up?

Am I going to get banned from the "bitwig" forums if I say something that isn't a glowing review of the product?

|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

hibidy wrote:
How is anyone "banned" from the bitwig forum? That's where I start wondering what is really going on. I guess I just can't win with this. I'm trying the demo in good faith, I've had some issues, I've tried to seek some answers (haven't really gotten any for the most part) do I really need to just give up?

Am I going to get banned from the "bitwig" forums if I say something that isn't a glowing review of the product?
It is very unlikely you will be banned for saying something negative about Bitwig, unless you are being abusive. You are more likely to get ignored. They do maintain the forum rules and will ban for KVR rule violations, but they don't like banning folk.

As for your issues, I've been over some of your posts. I can't see what issues you have raised apart from the loop recording, which you say you experience in other hosts. Also given your issues with CPU usage which you mention in regard to image line, it does appear that you may have a more fundamental problem with your system. It's easy to blame software you use, but sometimes its the software that exposes the problem, rather than causes the problem. It's not fun, I know first hand. I spent a few weeks getting my audio interface and computer to play nicely together. At first I thought it was the DAW, but my issues went when I updated the AI drivers and software.

If you have a specific issue, its good to mention in the forum. If someone has experienced it, you will generally get an answer. If not then maybe it's something peculiar to your situation. As such, it's best to use Bitwig support, details of which, are in the announcement at the top of the forum.

There are many recurring posts, mainly requests for things that Bitwig doesn't do. Many of these are included in the latest beta and others are already planned for future updates. It's just unfortunate that you can't experience these yet as a demo user.

yea, best to write an email to support hibidy.
Then you will also get an approximation of when or if your problems will be solved.

hibidy wrote:
CrazyLittleSomething wrote:Lol, I'm still banned from Bitwig forum.. where did I go wrong? Will they ban this profile too, after reading this? :P

You got that all right IMHO; BWS isn't ready yet. To get banned you've to get nasty. I couldn't care less as I am a license holder from the start. I mean.. who are they kidding? Not me. BWS is my first DAW. It will take years for me to produce something decent, I guess. I'm worried they'll end up like Orion. That's all. I'll take my words back if next month Orion comes up with an awesome version 9 of their 'flagship'. Hmm.. not going to happen, right?

^Hold on, Crazy's most recent post is in the bitwig forum, so apparently he isn't banned. Were you ever banned or was there some confusion?

pdxindy wrote:
hibidy wrote:There are so many things I like, but it does seem like it's not there yet. I was thinking maybe with 1.1 it was worth demoing, getting used to and then some things are fixed/improved but I'm not sure now.
I just cannot accept the lack of a count-in for recording clips... I do that too much in Live.
Support tells me this is coming in one of the next updates.

Yeah, Ogopogo, very early on Crazy got a little, well,.....crazy :hihi: and got censored.

But I think it was just temporary.

Team BWS does appreciate constructive input.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”