Ozone 6 Announced!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ozone 8 Standard

+ with t racks, you get the dino ! :D

One of our goals for Ozone 6 was to create a less-cluttered and more direct user experience.
With their new design of having the modules be completely hidden until you add them, there is no logic behind removing reverb. They could have a thousand new modules and none of them would clutter the interface. So they must have removed it for another reason. Perhaps they didn't like the quality of it or perhaps they bought into the idea that reverb isn't part of a mastering chain. But removing it didn't have anything to do with this goal.
-Matt

rustman wrote:I will say that I'm a big fan of Ozone 5. I love it. I agree, It's not like Izotope to release a downgrade for money. Then again, if they get it right on v7, I'll probably buy it.
At the rate they've been going we'll be seeing v7 sometime next October. And they'll probably take away the limiter. With each subsequent version they're going to remove more and more features until all that remains is a gain control.

-Sam

If I were to "upgrade" to Ozone 6 I'd get to keep my copy of Ozone 5, right?

Looks like a few features that I really wanted from Ozone 5 advanced are now standard in 6, and I'm digging the UI redesign
Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true

masterhiggins wrote:
rustman wrote:I will say that I'm a big fan of Ozone 5. I love it. I agree, It's not like Izotope to release a downgrade for money. Then again, if they get it right on v7, I'll probably buy it.
At the rate they've been going we'll be seeing v7 sometime next October. And they'll probably take away the limiter. With each subsequent version they're going to remove more and more features until all that remains is a gain control.

-Sam
"Ozone 7: We've stripped down the unit to the GUI, giving you a clutter-free environment to work in"

I mostly just troll the forums for troubleshooting help when needed so go easy on me fellas! :p
That being said, this being such a monumental failure on Izotope's part I felt utterly compelled to add my two cents...

Been demoing it a few hours and not only am I hating the missing features nuked from 5, the CPU usage is so insanely through the roof that I can only think someone seriously needs to get fired over there for putting this out. This is the kind of sloppy CPU performance you see in a beta version, not a commercial release.

Other things that jumped out at me aside from the laundry list of missing features already pointed out:

Why less slots than modules available?
Why are the dynamic EQ curves limited compared to the standard EQ?
Why does the standalone have to be limited to the same number of slots as the plugin?

I'm sure I could find a lot more but no point AFAIC.

So .... by making the GUI "user friendly" and overly simplified the intention is to have it become marketable to the 'prosumer' market?
A la the bedroom producer, the independent small project studio owner?

WHAT 'prosumer' end user would pay $1000 for one plugin suite?
Hence the suffix "sumer."

They totally missed the mark, and as far as I'm concerned tarnished the Izotope reputation in the process.
I have a feeling they will be getting an influx of inflammatory emails on this one...

IMO this is the Pro Audio Product FAIL of the year. Simple as that...

It's a new marketing concept, downgrade for 300 bucks, addressed at people who have too much of everything. That idea probably came up during a Meth party at the headquarters.

Meth party. Lol.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Aren't the "Q handles" on the EQ a long-standing Melda thing?
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

dnbhallifax wrote:Why are the dynamic EQ curves limited compared to the standard EQ?
There are probably technical reasons for that. Keeping the CPU usage at a decent level in a dynamic EQ limits the choice of filter topologies since they would need to update the filter coefficients constantly... ;)

Best,
Stian

I don't think I've ever found it easier to _not_ upgrade a product I own before this.

Rocking Ozone 5 for some time to come, it seems.

If I was them I would very quickly reinstate Ozone 5 and offer both 5 and 6 at the discount price while attending to the issues raised by a lot of people, sometimes the internet can give a false reaction with just a few people shouting the loudest, however in this case it seems like a universal thumbs down for the product. If they are going to act do it quickly and decisively.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Word about this non-upgrade upgrade is spreading fast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TodD7_G4qsI

It appears Izotope has finally polluted the ozone with this release! I am not liking the higher CPU usage or the dumbed down user interface. Like someone mentioned early, Izotope should have given users an "advanced" UI with more controls and a newbie UI that is like what they've given us.

They just topped their RX4 release...which I also thought was boneheaded and not worth the price of admission.

At least RX4 IMHO provides superior workflow with PT which for me is very important and I also find lever really nice and useful. The price of upgrade was steep though.

I really suggest that people write to Izotope through customer support forum like I did. I think they might realize what a fail the concept of Ozone 6 is and bring us the missing features.

Like other members here already mentioned, Advanced version should be advanced, offer all different features and options to get the mastering work done. I mean really what were they thinking leaving out such important features, like expansion and gate in their dynamics module. These all are really important features, I mean I haven't got multiband available with my other plugins aside from Ozone 5 Advanced.

If they wanted to present a clean modern look, they could design the new GUI so that the advanced features could be hidden when user didn't want to use them and get all to display with some button "show advanced".

Ozone 6 really is so awful compared to 5 in terms of use because of the lack of scaling sliders. After setting the parameters of certain processes you could listen through the whole song and change the amount of processing on the fly.

http://www.soundonsound.com/news?NewsID=17812

While Ozone 5 was the "Complete Mastering System", iZotope are describing version 6 as the “Creative Mastering Platform” :bang:

I mean what a fail...with the 6 they released less "complete" but "creative" in a sense because you need to be inventive to get the job done and to with less tools and features at your disposal. :D And you even need to pay them to take the features away from you :D

After seeing that video (AudioGuy720), I'm wondering if the ''upgrade'' price is what they will give you, if you downgrade from any version of Ozone to v6. What a ridiculous release.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Effects”