Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

olikana wrote: wow love it!!! :love:
does it include the new features?

btw I see the Depth knob in the modulation section is still labelled incorrectly as Pitch.
thanks olikana :oops:

this version is built on the v1.1 x32 beta build which has the new features hidden, accessable by some hosts. as well as less cpu consumption at idle.

the x64 is based on the latest stable v1.0 build. No x64 of the 1.1 beta build was released AFAIK.

and i agree, i will change the pitch label to depth before i send it to you all.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

and this is the "No Glare" version that will be included in the emailed zip file :wink:

So what's the deal with this plugin, where is the latest version? Who is developing this? Some new GUI's, where are all the GUI's?

satak wrote:So what's the deal with this plugin, where is the latest version? Who is developing this? Some new GUI's, where are all the GUI's?
Seems like you arrived a little late to the party :hihi:

Everything started with this thread, on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:26 am :)
2DaT wrote:Obxd is emulation of famous ob-x, ob-xa and ob8 synths.
While not copying originals , some of the features were taken to a better point.
Continuous blendable multimode filter (hp-notch(bp)-hp in 12 db mode and 4-1 pole in 24 db mode).
VAM button is last played note allocation mode.
32 and 64 bit versions included.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/fhw ... y/Obxd.zip
KVR community bank containing 500 patches will be included soon. :)
Fernando (FMR)

layzer wrote:please don't because anything you say is a bunch of BS :smack:
:roll:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Awesome :) I hope you won't get into legal trouble :hihi:
It's not likely they want to charge him a percentage of the profits :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

Still, they basically copied the graphical work of Oberheim. No idea if that is somehow protected, though. Some companies have registered mere colors, like IBM's blue.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Still, they basically copied the graphical work of Oberheim. No idea if that is somehow protected, though. Some companies have registered mere colors, like IBM's blue.
Apple lost a lawsuit against Samsung regarding something like that (because of the iPhone). And there are lots of mimicks of old gear around. I don't think that can be copyrighted. It would be like copyrighting a piece of clothing.
Fernando (FMR)

They most certainly can trademark the look of the synth, including layout and color schemes. Fender has a trademark on the shape of it's headstock, for example (but not the shape of the body). Create and sell a guitar with a strat headstock, get yourself a lawyer.

And apple didn't lose any such lawsuit. They sued samsung for infringement of design patents covering the shape and color of iphones and it's buttons, and apple was awarded $1 billion in damages.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Still, they basically copied the graphical work of Oberheim. No idea if that is somehow protected, though. Some companies have registered mere colors, like IBM's blue.
it's just lazyer personal skin. not the official skin. it's one of the user made ones so to speak. & only avalable through email.
obxd official skin remains the blue one , and obxd2 skin will most likely be the white one (which i personally hate as white skins in a dark DAW are a poke in the eyes)

layzer wrote:Image
and this is the "No Glare" version that will be included in the emailed zip file :wink:
Many thanks Layzer :tu:

White skin?! KKK-skin :o Like on the SEM?

I really like the dark one :) It might not be as ergonomic as the standard one, but it looks very authentic. There is room for optimization, though 8) Then again, for such a simple synth more than enough time has been invested already.
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sent you a PM. Look forward to try it :)
Fernando (FMR)

Maomoondog wrote:
Many thanks Layzer :tu:
you're welcome, Sir! this was an interesting experiment in asthetics affecting usage of a vst.
now that it looks like an OBX-a i'm finding myself spending more time playing it! go figure!

btw, for those of you that sent an email requesting this version, hang tight....
i'm waiting on confirmation that the x64 bit version works correctly because
i myself do not use a 64bit OS. also, the AMP ENVELOPE label sits kinda tight
over the AMP knobs and has been gaped out more like the FILTER ENVELOPE
Label.

Moondog, i'll be sending you this updated version :D

Just put ENV into the second line, so that in the first you only have FILTER and AMP respectively, making it much more obvious which is which.

Return to “Instruments”