Sonic Tabulator for Serum released on patchpool

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Serum Sonic Tabulator

Here comes the presumably last demo for Sonic Tabulator combining three fresh Serums in a rather mysterious ambient track:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/l ... demo-sonic

I was wrong, one of the final patches, very surreal, very spooky, had to be done:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... demo-sonic

Sampleconstruct wrote:I was wrong, one of the final patches, very surreal, very spooky, had to be done:

Hi Simon,

great what I have heard up to now, is it already released ?
(have bought it)

MorpherX wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:I was wrong, one of the final patches, very surreal, very spooky, had to be done:

Hi Simon,

(have bought it)
Thank you, when released you'll receive a email with the download link, as it looks now, this will be on Thursday as I'm still fine-tuning the patches and writing the documentation for the PDF which always is lot of work.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
MorpherX wrote:

Hi Simon,

(have bought it)
Thank you, when released you'll receive a email with the download link, as it looks now, this will be on Thursday as I'm still fine-tuning the patches and writing the documentation for the PDF which always is lot of work.

Thanks, thats OK, take your time.
I am looking forward to it !

After another 8 hours of finalizing Serum patches today, I only have 20+ to go, so this set will be released by tomorrow evening (CET). Any fence-sitters grab it now if you want to save some cash.

This set has now been released, I'll be sending out the links to all pre-orderers in a little while. The specs in the first post of this thread have been updated accordingly.

Dear Serumists,

Please read the PDF that comes with Sonic Tabulator - to play the presets from this set you need to upgrade your Serum to version 1.01 - log into your Xfer account->Forums->Serum->Serum 1.01 release->download and install->ready to go->have fun.

Thank's
Simon

uups as i was too busy the last weeks and days i missed the intro !

but baaah , np , as i know i have spend the money to an very very good sounddesigner and a nice guy , i do not care if i have missed the intro

have buy it 5 minutes ago

have a nice holiday tomorrow and a long nice weekend as well :wink:

DrumAddict wrote:uups as i was too busy the last weeks and days i missed the intro !

but baaah , np , as i know i have spend the money to an very very good sounddesigner and a nice guy , i do not care if i have missed the intro

have buy it 5 minutes ago

have a nice holiday tomorrow and a long nice weekend as well :wink:
Thank's a lot, I can't remember what a weekend actually is, but I shall try:)
If you subscribe to the patchpool Newsletter or the patchpool forum you won't miss future intros.

Post-release bumpage for Sonic Tabulator.

Hi Simon,

thank you very much for this inspirating patch-set for Serum. In my view 70 % of the patches can be used very good as start-points for new own patches. And this should be the reason for payable patch-sets.
Also the samples and wavetables delivered with this set are very usefull for different styles and patches.
In the the mayority I would describe the set as atmospheric, ecsotic and adventure-dream.
Butter-and-Bread set for Serum can be bought from PatchAdamz.
Keep on good work !

MorpherX wrote:Hi Simon,

thank you very much for this inspirating patch-set for Serum. In my view 70 % of the patches can be used very good as start-points for new own patches. And this should be the reason for payable patch-sets.
Also the samples and wavetables delivered with this set are very usefull for different styles and patches.
In the the mayority I would describe the set as atmospheric, ecsotic and adventure-dream.
Keep on good work !
Thank you for the detailed feedback, much appreciated!

Concerning bread&butter patches: we all have different tastes and preferences, what others call bread&butter patches will most probably be of no use to me at all - and vice versa. So while programming a sound library I do of course take into account that I program these sounds for people who use them to make standalone music, or design soundtracks for computer games, or write film scores, or design sounds for cinema and video, but only in the scope of my own musical taste and horizon (which is pretty wide), so there will be no cliché EDM or Dubstep-sounds in my sets because I can't relate to these styles, although some of my sequencer-patches can very well be used within those genres.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
MorpherX wrote:Hi Simon,

Keep on good work !
Thank you for the detailed feedback, much appreciated!

Concerning bread&butter patches: we all have different tastes and preferences, what others call bread&butter patches will most probably be of no use to me at all - and vice versa. So while programming a sound library I do of course take into account that I program these sounds for people who use them to make standalone music, or design soundtracks for computer games, or write film scores, or design sounds for cinema and video, but only in the scope of my own musical taste and horizon (which is pretty wide), so there will be no cliché EDM or Dubstep-sounds in my sets because I can't relate to these styles, although some of my sequencer-patches can very well be used within those genres.

You are right !
It's very difficult to sell a sound-set and to meet the taste of as much as possible users or owners of a certain instrument.
I also think that your own style is the key and if the direction is in generall ok for the user than he or she can allways tweak the sound in details.

I can nothing than recommend this set to all owners of Serum.

With this soundset (and I've only had time to sample a smattering of the patches), Simon puts to rest the whole discussion about Serum as "cold" and "harsh" and "sterile".

These are wonderful sounds, in widely different styles – playable, detailed, different and exciting.

I did buy Codex, in fact, enticed by that same discussion. Now I find many Codex sounds veiled, muffled and often sounding a bit like an accordion. No doubt it can sound good, but that seems to be the main route of the sound designers involved with it, just as Serum gained its initial (unfair, I think) reputation through the plethora of ear piercing EDM patches in the factory banks.

Magnificent work, Simon! Are you going to try something similar with Codex? ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Soundware”