One Synth Challenge #68: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hwangman wrote: iZotope Vinyl does nothing on an empty track, as it just processes whatever signal is incoming. It does add some crackling and saturation, so I guess I should remove it?
Yup, remove it, however there are DEFINITELY ways to make shockingly good vinyl sounds using synths - so check that out - you might have to layer 2 Synth1 tracks though - a distorted crackle (possibly with a tight bandpass filter), and a white noise track.

Good luck! :tu:

For crackle.
Just use oscillator 2 for white noise and
2 lfo's(random cycle) both modulating amp 100% fastest speed.

Effects add
a.d.1 with
ctl1 = minimum
ctl 2 to taste.
Ableton Live 9 | Synthmaster | EDM

We just submitted the final draft of our track Hopfen und Malz (Rich Draft) to SoundCloud.

https://soundcloud.com/ruedirena/ruedir ... rich-draft

Can't see the player above? Listen/download here!

DAW: Reaper
Synth1: 22 instances, most patches made from scratch, some tweaked presets, strings are a fantastic original preset (Oldschool Strings from Chris' soundbank)
Track FX: MAutopan on some leads, Maxwell Smart Limiter and KarmaFX EQ on the E-piano arps to get rid of one or two extremely nasty spikes in the second octave (saving your ears!).
Master FX: A tiny bit of space added by TAL Reverb III as if this was recorded in a medium sized room, KarmaFX Equalizer to cut those low frequencies under 50 Hz, ClipStar to add a bit of tuby warmth to the mix, Maxwell Smart Limiter, JS dcRemove.

Synth1 is easily the best synth since OSC 49: Fabfilter Twin2. Lots of fun. A keeper!

rokces wrote:DAW Cakewalk Sonar X3 Producer
15x Synth1

DAW Plugins
8x Sonitus:fx Equalizer
4x Sonitus:fx Compressor
1x Sonitus:fx Reverb
1x Nomad Factory BT Stereo Imager ST2S-3

Freeware Plugins
1x Voxengo SPAN

https://soundcloud.com/rokces/rokces-game
Rokces please see my PM on Soundcloud, thanks :)

RuediRena wrote: ... Synth1 is easily the best synth since OSC 49
Yes,it's great. Not being around at OSC49 - still a newbie, I'll believe you! It's a remarkable beast - covers pretty much any sound you could wish for. Even the built in FX are not too awful either.

Cool track by the way - did I hear some formant stuff :hihi: ???

Good luck

db

z.prime wrote: Also, some good submissions, you all. Awesome, exciting month so far; can't wait to hear the last minute stuff people submit! :)
Yup, awesome stuff so far ... and where's your then??? Last minute again???? :hihi:

Waiting ... :roll:

dB

I finally got to test out my mix on the 8 track stereo in my buddy's El Camino. It passed the mix check, so here's my submission for the month.

A bit about the song - while in Brasil (Rio) a few years ago for Carnaval, there are bloco's - block parties all over Rio with a local samba band on a platform on the back of a pickup truck - usually just a singer, a Brasilian ukulele, maybe a bass guitar through an amp, and all kinds of people marching behind playing various Brasilian percussion instruments. And for anyone that's never heard samba from a samba school, it's ALL about the snare drum. So this song is quite snare heavy, but overall very percussion heavy, with some nice organ, and a ukulele-like delayed sound and some dreamy pads.

https://soundcloud.com/imnotdedyet/um-dia-no-brasil

DAW - Ableton Live 9 Suite

27 x Synth1 instances

1 x TDR Feedback Compressor II
2 x TAL Bitcrusher

33 x Ableton Live EQ8
9 x Ableton Live Compressor
8 x Ableton Live Glue Compressor
6 x Ableton Live Auto Pan
3 x Ableton Live Limiter
3 x Ableton Live Auto Filter
2 x Ableton Live Saturator
2 x Ableton Live Ping Pong Delay
1 x Ableton Live Filter Delay
1 x Ableton Live Arpeggiator
1 x Ableton Live Amp
1 x Ableton Live EQ3

Very nice sounding song, I like it! Sounds so clear.

Just discovered OBXD freeware OB-X emulation synth for OSX and Windows ( http://obxd.wordpress.com )... Wow, this synth is so awesome retro-/80s-like! I wish this was the one for OSC69 :)

Hanz Meyzer wrote:
Very nice sounding song, I like it! Sounds so clear.
Thx Hanz! Glad you liked it! :)

Hanz Meyzer wrote:Just discovered OBXD freeware OB-X emulation synth for OSX and Windows ( http://obxd.wordpress.com )... Wow, this synth is so awesome retro-/80s-like! I wish this was the one for OSC69 :)
I fear this will not happen. OBDX was OSC#61.
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Only synth1 has the licence for multi-OSC. :D

Ok Ive done my track and saved it on my Soundcloud page, can someone explain what the steps are to putting it on here, its not very obvious to me. thanks
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

bibz1st wrote:Ok Ive done my track and saved it on my Soundcloud page, can someone explain what the steps are to putting it on here, its not very obvious to me. thanks
Do a search on soundcloud for "One Synth Challenge #68" then join the group. Once you've done so and been accepted, do an "Add to Group" from your song and specify that group.

Then, add it to this thread, including all the information in the rules: DAW, number of synth instances, number and name of effects used, etc.

Thanks, my track is awaiting moderation. once its accepted (assuming it is of course) how do you embed the track within a message like you and others have done ?
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Return to “Instruments”