Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ozone 8 Standard

This is totally lame.

I'll pass.

jantex wrote:Yes it is a downgrade. Things missing:
1. Reverb
2. Two algorithms in Maximizer are not there.
3. Other dithering algos apart from MBIT+ are gone.
4. Imager misses controlls for phase, polarity and delay offset.
5. Due to the change of GUI the scaling sliders for individual processes are gone and these were really useful.

What we got:
1. Nicer GUI
2. Dynamics EQ
3. Standalone app (which I don't really need)

Conclusion: it is an obvious downgrade from version 5, at least for users of Advanced.
It's awful!
DynEQ is only advanced, so you need pay more to get it. No thanks! :borg:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I wrote to iZotope about these concerns, as I usually really like their products and had high expectations for Ozone 6 Advanced. I think it would be good if someone who owns 5 Advanced write to them as well, maybe they might implement things back...at least hope so.

I added even more things in my list of what's missing in Ozone 6 Advanced compared to version 5 :S

This really is the worst upgrade ever in a history of any company I believe. Or in a sense similar to what Apple did to Final Cut, before they found out they made a mistake and changed it. Hope iZotope will do this as well.
Last edited by jantex on Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I will be! Really disappointed about this :evil:

jantex wrote:I wrote to iZotope about these concerns, as I usually really like their products and had high expectations for Ozone 6 Advanced. I think it would be good if someone who owns 5 Advanced write to them as well, maybe they might implement things back...at least hope so.

I added even more things in my list of what's missing in Ozone 6 Advanced compared to version 5 :S

This really is the worst upgrade even in a history of any company I believe. Or in a sense similar to what Apple did to Final Cut, before they found out they made a mistake and changed it. Hope iZotope will do this as well.
I'll write to them as well... I was so excited too. :(
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Great, there's three of us now :) Hope some more will do as well, maybe we hope for some improvements :)

How does this compare to 5 ? Are all these features in Advanced only ?

From iZotope:

- New Analog Hardware-modeled EQ filter shapes

Harness the sonic characteristics of classic EQ designs with new filter shapes including Baxandall Bass and Treble filters and API-style Proportional Q filters. Also new to Ozone 6 are Band Shelf filters and Resonant High and Low shelves.

- Surgical Mode

All digital linear-phase filters are now matched to analog shapes; however, Surgical Mode allows you to utilize the precision of digital shapes for extreme cuts with minimum slope.

- Variable EQ Phase Control

Digital linear-phase filters now feature per-node variable phase control for subtly adding phase delay to smooth out boosts that may sound harsh.

- Seamless Bypass

Audition changes to your audio by gain-matching bypassed audio to your Ozone-processed signal for faster and more accurate A/B testing.

- Customizable Signal Chain

Host your third-party VST/AU plug-ins in the standalone application. Then build your mastering signal chain from scratch or load a preset and add, remove, and swap the order of modules.

- Module Gain Meters

Monitor gain-staging across processing modules with Module Gain Meters that instantly illustrate where you’re boosting and cutting gain across your signal chain.

- Transient Emphasis

Preserve rhythmic detail while maximizing loudness with Transient Emphasis, which adds smart emphasis to transients by preserving sharp attacks.

- Diode and Dual Triode Exciter Modes

Modeled after actual hardware circuitry, these Exciter modes offer vintage saturation from subtle warmth to more pronounced edge.

Stereoize Control

- Add width to narrow or mono recordings without introducing phase artifacts.

- Variable Knee Compression

This what they say is new, I don't have Ozone 5 so can't compare, also I don't know if below is advanced only. The big new thing seems to be standalone mode.

Get precise control over compression characteristics by choosing between hard and soft compression.

- Dynamics Detection Enhancements

Simulate smoother analog-style compression with both High-Pass and API Thrust-inspired Tilt filters. Use the True Envelope detection mode for RMS-style compression (flat frequency response and low distortion) triggered equally across the frequency spectrum.

- New Presets

All newly designed presets utilize the improvements introduced in Ozone 6 including new Component Plug-in Presets with Ozone Advanced.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

All this has already been in the version 5 (at least in Advanced). Please read a few posts above, version 6 is inferior to version 5 as far as Advanced version is concerned.

Dynamic EQ is advanced only...will spend my money on FabFilter MB instead.

jantex wrote:All this has already been in the version 5 (at least in Advanced). Please read a few posts above, version 6 is inferior to version 5 as far as Advanced version is concerned.

I'd say the same for normal version too. Not that obvious. Or let's say it's not worth the money.

jantex wrote:All this has already been in the version 5 (at least in Advanced). Please read a few posts above, version 6 is inferior to version 5 as far as Advanced version is concerned.
I am aware that advanced is inferior now, which is why I asked about the difference between 5 and 6 "normal" and is that list accurate for "normal" or does it have advanced features thrown in.

It is a bit confusing as to what the update to the "normal" Ozone 5 is.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I think the Ozone Single plugins for "normal" v6 would be better update than standalone app.

I wonder why they ditched the reverb. Plans on selling it separately? Normal and Advanced version reverb, where the Advance features a all new redesigne mix knob and the normal version is always 100% wet? :D

Looking forward to iZotopes response to all this :!:

I believe regular version 6 might be maybe, only maybe worth the upgrade, because it receives some features that the Advanced version had in 5, despite also loosing some of them. 6 Advanced on the other hand only lacks things compared to 5 Advanced :)

Really don't know what iZotope were thinking with this update...to make product more Garage band like...good looking and basic :D

As long as the version 5 still works I am relieved, but once it won't work anymore on forthcomming OSXes, I will be really sad. Therefore I want iZotope to improve this awful 6 Advanced or at least restore 5s features and give it a cosmetic lift :)

Return to “Effects”