BIAS Desktop for Windows/Mac

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone, Z here from Positive Grid!

Has anyone tried it out BIAS Desktop on Mac/Windows? Interested to see how you guys like the desktop version of BIAS and the Amp Matching feature! Share clips if possible too!

BIAS Desktop Overview (with Ola Englund)
http://youtu.be/1zhiiXJQJuw?list=UU1Yy- ... 8XiHatYkmQ

Let me know if you have any questions or comments?

Thanks,
ZT

ZtPositiveGrid wrote:Has anyone tried it out BIAS Desktop on Mac/Windows? Interested to see how you guys like the desktop version of BIAS and the Amp Matching feature!
It's a bit hard to say how I feel about the Amp Matching when it is disabled in the demo version.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

wasn't there already a thread about BIAS?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

morelia wrote:
ZtPositiveGrid wrote:Has anyone tried it out BIAS Desktop on Mac/Windows? Interested to see how you guys like the desktop version of BIAS and the Amp Matching feature!
It's a bit hard to say how I feel about the Amp Matching when it is disabled in the demo version.
Sorry about that, did you get to try out the rest of the program in the demo version?
Burillo wrote:wasn't there already a thread about BIAS?
Didn't mean to duplicate, just wanted to share it incase some people missed it. Have you had a chance to try BIAS out Burillo ?

With the amp matching disabled in the demo I have no reason to try it. That was the only feature that was of any interest to me. How about including it?

ZtPositiveGrid wrote:Didn't mean to duplicate, just wanted to share it incase some people missed it. Have you had a chance to try BIAS out Burillo ?
i did try one of the demos. i have already voiced all my concerns with this software, so i won't repeat myself.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

twoifbysea wrote:With the amp matching disabled in the demo I have no reason to try it. That was the only feature that was of any interest to me. How about including it?
I understand where you are coming from, have you seen the videos showcasing the Amp Match feature?
http://youtu.be/1JSBnepW1pc
Burillo wrote:
ZtPositiveGrid wrote:Didn't mean to duplicate, just wanted to share it incase some people missed it. Have you had a chance to try BIAS out Burillo ?
i did try one of the demos. i have already voiced all my concerns with this software, so i won't repeat myself.
You mentioned you tried out an old demo, is that the same one you downloaded from the Positive Grid store website? If so, which version, standard or pro?

Thanks for your input!

ZtPositiveGrid wrote:
morelia wrote:
Sorry about that, did you get to try out the rest of the program in the demo version?
I did, but I've been trying the pre release for a while now. I like it. Not sure it grabs me as greatly better than my other mainstays. The area where it might offer something different is in the amp matching which I can't try. When I saw amp matching could not be trialed I took it as a sign of some poor decision making and lost interest fast. Again, I like it so I'm not trying to be overly negative but as someone who primarily plays guitar I am at a point where I have finally realized more amp sim type products are potentially more of a hindrance that anything else. Unless it has something really outstanding (which BIAS possibly does, but I can't try it).
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

ZtPositiveGrid wrote:You mentioned you tried out an old demo, is that the same one you downloaded from the Positive Grid store website? If so, which version, standard or pro?

Thanks for your input!
yep, i downloaded it from Positive Grid website. probably standard, or maybe pro - whatever you had when the demo was first released. i have no interest in amp matching, so i only tried the amps.

morelia wrote:
ZtPositiveGrid wrote:
morelia wrote:
I did, but I've been trying the pre release for a while now. I like it. Not sure it grabs me as greatly better than my other mainstays. The area where it might offer something different is in the amp matching which I can't try. When I saw amp matching could not be trialed I took it as a sign of some poor decision making and lost interest fast. Again, I like it so I'm not trying to be overly negative but as someone who primarily plays guitar I am at a point where I have finally realized more amp sim type products are potentially more of a hindrance that anything else. Unless it has something really outstanding (which BIAS possibly does, but I can't try it).
Thanks for trying it out, glad you liked BIAS, a lot of demos just come with the essentials to try out, while the demo has this limitations, there are quite a few amp match videos on YouTube by major artists that have tried/demoed amp match feature (Jeff Loomis, Keith Merrow, Ola Englund, etc)
Burillo wrote:
ZtPositiveGrid wrote:You mentioned you tried out an old demo, is that the same one you downloaded from the Positive Grid store website? If so, which version, standard or pro?

Thanks for your input!
yep, i downloaded it from Positive Grid website. probably standard, or maybe pro - whatever you had when the demo was first released. i have no interest in amp matching, so i only tried the amps.
That's understandable, thanks for the feedback ! How did you compare it to your main amp sim?

i don't have a "main" ampsim, i use quite a few, whichever fits the track more or whichever i feel like using at the moment. the GUI and demo restrictions are so insanely off-putting that i couldn't make myself spend too much time trying out different sounds. i like the concept very much (reminds me of Amplitube 2 series), and what i heard so far was nice, but not "beat everything else by a mile nice", so between the GUI and annoying demo restrictions (and a few other grips, inflexible and often bland-sounding cab section being one example) i decided against it.
Last edited by Burillo on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

ZtPositiveGrid wrote:... while the demo has this limitations, there are quite a few amp match videos on YouTube by major artists that have tried/demoed amp match feature (Jeff Loomis, Keith Merrow, Ola Englund, etc)
These guys are the ones that can make a double tracked fart sound gorgeous. Or did anybody ever hear anything from these guitar super heroes that doesn't sound awesome? This demo limitation is not really clever as this feature is the only one that really makes BIAS stand out from all the other great sounding amp plugins out there. And there are quite a few that are -free- that stand easily on the same level to what I've heard from the BIAS demo. The overall demo restrictions are very, very unpleasing. They turned me off heavily.

Amp matching would make me rethink my decision against BIAS. But no demo, no sale. I tried the Kemper: If I would have an opportunity for a monetary return for that investment I would buy it. It sounds great and feels great while playing. It reacts very good to me as a player. I would love to have these features with this quality inside the box. As it seems it didn't happen with BIAS. :neutral:

Kemper is a whole different beast. "amp match" is just a glorified EQ, as far as i know - Revalver 4 offers something similar, although it's limited to presets. so BIAS wouldn't have given you what Kemper gave you. you might as well use the Waves Q-Clone to do the same, or any matching EQ for that matter (Voxengo CurveEQ?).

Burillo wrote:Kemper is a whole different beast. "amp match" is just a glorified EQ, as far as i know - Revalver 4 offers something similar, although it's limited to presets. so BIAS wouldn't have given you what Kemper gave you. you might as well use the Waves Q-Clone to do the same, or any matching EQ for that matter (Voxengo CurveEQ?).
You didn't play the Kemper. This is obvious from what you wrote. Try it. It's way more than a glorified matching eq. :wink:

Edited: I hate my typos... :phones:

that is exactly what i said. Kemper isn't just a simple EQ. BIAS's amp match, as far as i can tell, is. and thus its funtionality can be replicated with any matching EQ. of course, BIAS's developers are free to correct me if i'm talking out of my ass, but from what i saw in the video demos, it's exactly what it looks like.

Return to “Effects”