FL Studio: are other DAWs also so unstable with 32bit & 64bit plugins?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fl studio crashes sometimes without any known reason and im always forwarding the issues to image line, sometimes it helps sometimes not. atm im recreating a whole project where i used 32bit plugins mostly to fl studio 64bit and replacing all 32bit plugins with their 64bit counterparts and recreating all presets. it's a real pain and i sure hope fl studio 64bit is worth it?
also, how is the bridging for 32bit plugins in fl studio 64bit? cause some plugins i use dont exist in 64bit..... 64 bit plugins in fl studio 32bit sucks big times sadly, i have no idea so i dont wanna blame image line at all but sometimes i think the ibridge sucks?

just now fl studio 64bit crashed while replacing all 32bit plugins with 64bit, i opened the task manager, ended fl studio and clicked all access violation windows away. no fl studio in my tab anymore but still those ibridge services are running? wtf?

i have to end all manually!!!!!!! nice....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

x32 and x64 are way different. They appear the same but yeah, no.

As a rule of thumb.
Use 32 bit plugins in a 32 bit host and 64 bit plugins in a 64 bit host.

The transition can be rather painful.as it was for me as well. :P
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

depends on the plugin in Fl. Nebula is stable bridged, but most others freak out for me. BOO!

No, they're not. I use Sonar X3 64 bit and the vast majority of my 250+ plug ins are 32 bit. It doesn't care. Rock solid.
Sonar Platinum, Ignite and Ableton Live 9 DAWS
AIR Hybrid 3, Synthmaster, Z3ta+2, Addictive Drums 2, True Piano Amber, Rapture, Dim Pro, BFD Eco, AAS Strum, Addictive Keys, Synth 1 VSTs
Nektar LX61, Korg MicroKey and Akai Pro LPD8 Pad

Never had any such problems in FL. :shrug:
[Insert Signature Here]

same here really but its part of owning fl and most daws fl will lose plugins to lol just gotta restart the program and of you go

Caine123 wrote:fl studio crashes sometimes without any known reason and im always forwarding the issues to image line, sometimes it helps sometimes not.

i have to end all manually!!!!!!! nice....
The open bridges is a bug we have fixed for FL Studio 12. Not sure if it will make it back into 11. Also, it seems we haven't yet asked you to read this yet...

http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... _64Bit_FAQ

See:

After closing FL Studio I see instances of 'ilbridge (32 Bit)' in the processes list -

I am getting various errors and crashes

Should I use FL Studio 32 or 64 Bit?

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”