If you could only keep 2 soft synths ...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BBFG# wrote:
billcarroll wrote:
MFXxx wrote:Omisphere and Zebra
A lot of votes here for Omnisphere and Zebra. These two keep showing up again and again.
Actually, Alchemy has been mentioned more than Omni.
Not sure, but I think even Sylenth1 may have been mentioned more than Omni?
But Zebra seems to be showing up the most.
Yeah, lots of Alchemy too. :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Linplug RMiV
and
MicroTera

because my AX80, M1000, and MKS50 cover my analog needs
my SY77 and TX802 cover FM
my Korg T2 & VFX covers acustic sounds.
only need Microtera to cover additive and RMiV for drums and percussion
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

fluffy_little_something wrote:Serum seems an odd choice, it uses a whole lot of CPU. Which processor supports a dozen instances of that? Not to mention that it has a certain sound character which might not be appropriate for more conventional sounds.
Well, it's new and what we're experiencing is the KVR 'honeymoon' phase of a new synth fad.
I learned here to ignore and never count those.
Let's see if anyone is mentioning it as much in six to eight months.
(Besides the developers selling sounds for it). ;)

Probably DIVA and Harmor at the moment.
Those are the synths I use the most.

I can't resist these threads!

Retrologue and Massive (or Razor). They are not only sound great but easy to tweak the presets and to design my own. I think 95% I'm covered with them if not 99%.
So I have at least another 10 to cover 1%?!! Hmmmm, maybe I should begin to sell!

If I could use any DAW, I'd pick Synthmaster and Bazille.

If I could only use FLS, then I'd use Harmor and Synthmaster. If Mulab, then MUX and Synthmaster.

But two is very limiting. Synthmaster is the only soft synth that I have that I feel is really an allrounder.

I can easily just use one.

Easy choice, Zebra 2 & Omnisphere. I use these more than any others. I would never want only two, though. Alchemy would be hard to give up and NI Komplete would also be hard to live without.

-Reaktor 5.

-Absynth 5.

i've been using these from day 1 since i started making music with software late 2006.

i played, tried & tested a lot of other truly amazing stuff, and i still do (i'm a very curious creative being), but the above mentioned just truly click with me on every creative lev-EL.

they are the most fun, fast & fluid creative tools i use....the results are fabulous for me.....

not r-EL-ate-ET :

FLUX plugins do the same for me when used for mixing/mastering. as do U-He Satin and Presswerk.

Live or Bitwig?.....Live atm, but Bitwig is gaining more creative attent-ion.

Mac or pc?......let's not go there.....although i prefer Mac......løl....

Alchemy and Metasynth. I would make music using samples recorded around my desert island. Paradise!
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

First choice would be Alchemy since it covers so much ground.

Second would be harder to choose. Prob have to go with a new toy like Bazille or Serum.

If I'm completely honest with myself I probably could've stopped buying music software once I had Reaktor and Reaper - I can pretty much do what I want to do with just these.
However, assuming Reaktor is cheating, I'd have to say Blue II and Alchemy... as long as I can have Geist for drums as well! If not then Alchemy and Geist.
(Although if they ever add the ability to load your own samples into Blue then that might become Blue II and Geist.)

Reaktor. If that's cheating... Too bad! :-D
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Very Thorny Question...

A plugin for 70' Progressive leads (Like Minimonsta or Sylenth1)

A plugin for 70' Pads (One of many Mellotron clones)

Komplete Classics and Independence Pro.

Return to “Instruments”