Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

I've finished the work on manual authorisation and I'm working on trial authorisations. I've fixed all the reported issues apart from some funny window focus stuff on Cubase 7.5 on Mac (which I think is a bug in Cubase since even without The Drop in the project when I open a project Cubase itself won't even show the main arrange window!). There will be a release early next week, possibly some time on the weekend.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

AgiKvr wrote:hi Andy,any news for the offline activation? :hyper:
Manual Authorisation in done, but I need to release a new version that shows your Challenge Code so you can use it. Please see my previous post for details.

At x1 oversampling off i get a horrid distortion(not the nice drive), i'm unable to get rid of it even mix to dry. Up the sample rate to x2 & its fine.

nrosko wrote:At x1 oversampling off i get a horrid distortion(not the nice drive), i'm unable to get rid of it even mix to dry. Up the sample rate to x2 & its fine.
Well that's probably why the x2 oversampling is the recommended setting to use.
:borg:

No not really as It didn't sound any where near as bad in previous version. As far as im aware oversampling is more for higher frequencies & should be very usable at x1.

nrosko wrote:At x1 oversampling off i get a horrid distortion(not the nice drive), i'm unable to get rid of it even mix to dry. Up the sample rate to x2 & its fine.
If you have the mix set to 0% (completely dry) then you should get back your original signal without change apart from perhaps some dc blocking. Can you please email me and let me know the details of your setup? www.cytomic.com/contact

V0RT3X wrote:
Well that's probably why the x2 oversampling is the recommended setting to use.
This sounds like a bug, unless you have huge input levels then it should be smooth even without oversampling, and if the mix is completely dry there will be no distortion at all, the signal will be passed through completely clean.

The Drop v1.0.6 is ready for download, and supports offline activation and also has a permanent trial mode if not activated:

http://www.cytomic.com/drop

This version uses a new "Plugin ID" so it can co-exist with older versions. If you are updating and want to support both versions then please make sure to rename the older version to anything you want to (eg on mac for audio units rename "The Drop.component" to "The Drop legacy.component") before copying over the new version. I had to switch to a new plugin id to work around issues imposed by Logic's interesting handling of automation.
Last edited by andy-cytomic on Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool! I was checking this thread almost every day to see when new version would be ready ;) The remaining bugs were kind of show stoppers for me compared to the old version somehow
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Unfortunately one bug remains that I mentioned earlier in this thread :( The setting of the lp filter is not recalled when loading projects on Ableton Live 8 ... Ah well, I just need to remember to write automation line for the filter so that it's recalled..

andy-cytomic wrote:The Drop v1.0.6 is ready for download, and supports offline activation and also has a permanent trial mode if not activated:

This version uses a new "Plugin ID" so it can co-exist with older versions. If you are updating and want to support both versions then please make sure to rename the older version (eg The Drop legacy.component) before copying over the new version. I had to switch to a new plugin id to work around issues imposed by Logic's interesting handling of automation.
thanks,
off to finally explore this.
rsp
sound sculptist

penguinfromdeep wrote:Unfortunately one bug remains that I mentioned earlier in this thread :( The setting of the lp filter is not recalled when loading projects on Ableton Live 8 ... Ah well, I just need to remember to write automation line for the filter so that it's recalled..
Is this perchance the low pass filter cutoff position and you are using the AU version of The Drop? If so this is actually a bug in Live. Press "configure" and map out any parameter you want (it doesn't have to be the cutoff) and then everything works fine. I stayed up very late last night trying to fix this issue only to find it was actually a bug in Live!

(edit: you can use the VST version if you don't want to have to use the configure workaround)
Last edited by andy-cytomic on Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to try out v1 of The Drop? It's ready to go!!!

www.cytomic.com/drop

The trial version has full sound quality but has a couple of limits:

1) No automation, you have to use the GUI to edit all the settings
2) Song save, but not recall, you need the full version to recall song settings

andy-cytomic wrote: Is this perchance the low pass filter cutoff position and you are using the AU version of The Drop? If so this is actually a bug in Live. Press "configure" and map out any parameter you want (it doesn't have to be the cutoff) and then everything works fine. I stayed up very late last night trying to fix this issue only to find it was actually a bug in Live!
Yeah exactly that. Thanks for your efforts Andy, yeah those kind of things must be very annoying for a developer! Cool, that's ok workaround for me.

andy-cytomic wrote:The Drop v1.0.6 is ready for download, and supports offline activation and also has a permanent trial mode if not activated:

Woot! :D
This version uses a new "Plugin ID" so it can co-exist with older versions. If you are updating and want to support both versions then please make sure to rename the older version (eg The Drop legacy.component) before copying over the new version. I had to switch to a new plugin id to work around issues imposed by Logic's interesting handling of automation.
Sorry if I sound a bit thick, but do I just rename the old The Drop .dll?

Return to “Effects”