What are your current 3 favorite component modeled VA synthesizers?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

crimsonwarlock wrote:As I'm freeware only:

- SQ8L: the modeling of the analog curtis filters is stunning and incredibly close to the real thing.

- OBXD: I don't think it is an exact emu, but the character is absolutely there.

- PG-8X: also pretty close to the real thing.

:D
I'd forgotten about SQ8L. Thanks!

Lush!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Sometimes I get confused by what someone else regards as 'modeled' and whether or not they regard an 'emulation' as something different. By what I see in comments here, there doesn't seem to be any difference. So then, I own six and demo one termed as analog, of which I sometimes really only use one. And maybe it's why I haven't bought the one I demo?
Somehow I think if I did, I would still probably only use one. It would just change which one that is.

Diva
Poly-Ana
Tal Bassline-101 (Though I could easily say Monark in this place as well, just as good).

BBFG# wrote:Sometimes I get confused by what someone else regards as 'modeled' and whether or not they regard an 'emulation' as something different. By what I see in comments here, there doesn't seem to be any difference. So then, I own six and demo one termed as analog, of which I sometimes really only use one. And maybe it's why I haven't bought the one I demo?
Somehow I think if I did, I would still probably only use one. It would just change which one that is.

Just to clear up any confusion about my topic, i was mostly talking about the plugins where the components themselves are modeled. So stuff like Korgs CMT (Component modeling technology) or rolands Aira technology and vice versa.

I'll switch the topic title to component modeled just so everyone doesn't start tossing in sylenth or stuff like spire.
:borg:

1. ImpOscar 2: Cause i love the sound of it. It sounds so lush and varm. And the additive osc ability. Goes way beyond the traditional way. I remember listening to the demo songs alot before i bought it. (AND that was the demo songs of version 1. Love them. Check 'em out they're still on the legacy page.) the creamy filters of imposcar makes my speakers trumble.. In the best way!

2. Vaz Modular: It really should have been nr.1. Or atleast the same place as ImpOscar cause it sounds faboulus! And the flexibility is amazing! It's raw.. Raw.. What's keeping it from the top spot is no 64bit version availible.

3. Diva: Ofcourse. It would be a sind to not mention the brainchild of URS. It's THE next step in software to sound like an old hardware with all it's quirk. Diva is fantastic!

Tough one.

Been screwing around with Diva and it's authenticity and design is pretty well unparalleled (Monark is all that I find similarly authentic). I don't own a copy yet but I wouldn't be surprised to see it take spot #1.

For now though, I like Saurus a good bit. Easy to program, generally pretty stable, very low CPU usage. Nice GUI. It has a sound signature which doesn't sound analog to me really, I feel like it has some psychoacoustic EQ stuff going on regardless of if boost is on. Doesn't bug me though. Fun synth.

Monark is great. Hella analog sounding :D. Wouldn't want it to be my only VA though.

Lush 101 is very cool. The TAL synths are also.

I suppose that's not 3 but whatever, VA synths certainly aren't in short supply! :)

TAL's U-NO LX
Diva
OB-X Pro II
MemoryMoon ME-80
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

1. Diva (just sounds very good at everything);
2. Monark (very strong bass, not matched by anything else I have);
3. Saurus (is it component modelled? Not sure, but it does nice plucks, pads and some basses while taxing almost no CPU unlike the two others).
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

DIVA
The Drop It's a synth with no oscillators. Works well as a replacement for digital synth filter replacement.

Return to “Instruments”