Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

valerian_777 wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:
GeorgeZ wrote:..maybe people felt entitled after kitty did it for free? It's an offer, same as any other, take it or leave it I guess :shrug:
Kitty didn't do it for free. She had a website and there was some sort of percentage she took for the service. It wasn't a lot, but it wasn't free either.
True but she did it free for KvR members especially, at least thats what i remember back then. Anyway, i doubt Salami will make much money here. :D
I seem to remember a small percentage also.
But that was such a small percentage of what the kitty offered as a KVR member.

When an 'individual' is here for just skimming the inbetweens, it just seems predatory.

hibidy wrote:Image
lol @ the link description (vet-who-implanted-heroin-inside-puppies-arrested-telegraph2)

*Not laughing at the real life story, i despise animal cruelty. Just laughing because i was surprised when I clicked on the link that the picture came from that story.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

OMG! This thread is the embodiment of evil!

hibidy wrote:OMG! This thread is the embodiment of evil!
Hey man you posted that picture, not me :hihi:

It's the spawn of satan! Are there actually any bargains to talk about? I have a hankering for some really spiffy meters. Is blue cat having a sale? The dorrogh's are still too expensive.

hibidy wrote:It's the spawn of satan! Are there actually any bargains to talk about? I have a hankering for some really spiffy meters. Is blue cat having a sale? The dorrogh's are still too expensive.
Does Blue Cat ever have sales?

hibidy wrote:It's the spawn of satan! Are there actually any bargains to talk about? I have a hankering for some really spiffy meters. Is blue cat having a sale? The dorrogh's are still too expensive.
Yah i've been looking for some good anaylzers on sale too. It's too bad DMG Audio doesn't do sales because i would snag Dualism in a instance.

BBFG# wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:
GeorgeZ wrote:..maybe people felt entitled after kitty did it for free? It's an offer, same as any other, take it or leave it I guess :shrug:
Kitty didn't do it for free. She had a website and there was some sort of percentage she took for the service. It wasn't a lot, but it wasn't free either.
True but she did it free for KvR members especially, at least thats what i remember back then. Anyway, i doubt Salami will make much money here. :D
I seem to remember a small percentage also.
But that was such a small percentage of what the kitty offered as a KVR member.

When an 'individual' is here for just skimming the inbetweens, it just seems predatory.
That also reminds me - I'm sitting on some Waves Crédit and already bought what I wanted from them this month. If someone wants one of the $100 specials for $70 instead, let me know.

Disclaimer: Even though it causes you no drawbacks, I will be making money of the deal. If you're the jealous broke type, you might want to cut off your nose to spite your face, so to speak.

Lol. :tu:

-Ki
Salem Beats

BBFG# wrote:
Does Blue Cat ever have sales?
I think they have. I dunno.

SalemBeatsKVR wrote:I've been a broke musician far too long in the past to just do everything for free - my time is worth money.

You definitely don't have to remind us about that!

If you're always just doing everything for everyone else for free and you find yourself strapped for cash at some point, you have yourself to blame.
The difference between you and an honest reseller like Uncle E. is, that he cares about customer service and wants satisfied customers. Everybody having a business want's to have a profit and there is nothing wrong with that. But you seem like a person that would sell his own grandmother for at profit. After your questionable way of promoting "bargains" I don't feel tempted to take your offer. But thanks anyway.

What I don't understand is, if you really are so tired of being a broke musician and want to stay in music business somehow, then why don't you start using your brain to do something sensible like making an honest business? Being broke is not an excuse for being immoral. Just because you haven't got what it takes to give people something, that they really want like Uncle E. or anyone else that works hard and have the skills to get a profit without breaking ordinary rules, doesn't give you the right to do anything here for earning money. In general anyone can stand in the street and be a drugdealer to earn a profit, but everyone can't be successfull having an honest business. That requires skills.
Last edited by Hans25 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*edit* Nvm Im gonna stay out of this.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uncle E wrote:Well, there's a context behind it. The one good thing about buying from him is there's no sales tax in Oregon. If I were to go to Guitar Center and buy this for people, it would end up costing me $32.40 after sales tax.

Ki, how about just charging people $32.40 total? That way they'll pay about the same as buying from anyone else and you'll still get to pocket $50-100 when all is said and done.
Hmm if you begin to do this kind of business on a regular basis, shouldn't you be registered as a business doing this. Somehow that "trick" sounds like tax-speculation or something. I don't know the laws in US, but where I live, Im not sure this would be considered ok, if I understand the above described procedure correctly.

BBFG# wrote:
GeorgeZ wrote:... It's an offer, same as any other, take it or leave it I guess :shrug:
Seems the attitude comes across as more for an effort to reap a profit in every post.
A little desperate and always questionable.
You all have been so kind to SalemBeats that I can't understand why he won't return the love and do it for free.

Hans25 wrote:
Uncle E wrote:Well, there's a context behind it. The one good thing about buying from him is there's no sales tax in Oregon. If I were to go to Guitar Center and buy this for people, it would end up costing me $32.40 after sales tax.

Ki, how about just charging people $32.40 total? That way they'll pay about the same as buying from anyone else and you'll still get to pocket $50-100 when all is said and done.
Hmm if you begin to do this kind of business on a regular basis, shouldn't you be registered as a business doing this. Somehow that "trick" sounds like tax-speculation or something. I don't know the laws in US, but where I live, Im not sure this would be considered ok, if I understand the above described procedure correctly.
Strange, 4lbkitty did the same thing and got nothing but thanks and love. Europeans didn't worry weather she paid taxes as long as they got the good deal, and didn't mind paying her a fee.
I don't understand kvr sometimes.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”