A track using three of my own sample libraries, kinda nu-disco

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This uses Swagbass and Emilyguitar throughout, and at the end also the new Cowsynth shows up to make high-pitched plucks. The first two are all mine, Cowsynth took three of us to make. All are run through various freebie effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrxyuHYqJkM

The song itself is an AlunaGeorge cover. And the singer is REALLY good, I need to talk her into recording some more stuff.

Some great sounds on here. The bass is AWESOME. Some of the filtering on there is really dirty. I love the guitar and percussion too, and the singer is very good indeed. This was a fun track, which certainly made me want to dance. Fortunately the rest of the family weren't around to see it.

Good work :)

Thanks a lot. The bass is actually three tracks. First the Swagbass shows up, with plain old low-pass and compression. During the hook there's another layer of bass added which starts out thuddy and gets more metallic - that's Harmor. I resynthesized, of all things, a sample of a Dalek from "Dr. Who" going "Aaaargh", forced the oscillators to be in tune, and automated the pluck knob. The really dirty bass which is left alone at the end is another synth, with the lowest frequencies cut to keep three basses from making too much mud, and a fake sidechain.

There's also a short, very fast melody repeated a few times. That's mostly Kairatune, but I also layered the Swagbass with it - same effects as elsewhere, just very low note velocities. Added some nice warmth and thickness.

In other words, I probably read feedback on other tracks here that said "do more layering", took that to heart, and started layering.

I think the low end needs some work, it's a bit too busy for the low frequencies. Otherwise i enjoyed the track.

Yeah, I oughta try some more sidechaining and/or highpassing with those basses... Keep the overkill, but make it a little easier to swallow.

Return to “Music Cafe”