If you could only keep 2 soft synths ...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Orbit-50 wrote:Sylenth 1 and Massive. No flaming please. Thank you for your cooperation. :lol:

.-.
Even though my choices would be different, you could definitely produce an amazing range of sounds with Sylenth1 and Massive. Hard to fault you for choosing those.

I wonder what the next versions of Sylenth1 and Massive will add?
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:I wonder what the next versions of Sylenth1 and Massive will add?
Probably something incremental in their name at the very least.

BBFG# wrote:
billcarroll wrote:I wonder what the next versions of Sylenth1 and Massive will add?
Probably something incremental in their name at the very least.
Maybe something like Sylenth2000 and Massiver? :D
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Harmless + ZebraCM
yzcoruhT

rod_zero wrote:Diva and Zebra
idem

Diva for analog quality, Zebra for diversity while less demanding on the CPU.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

billcarroll wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:Sylenth 1 and Massive. No flaming please. Thank you for your cooperation. :lol:
.-.
Even though my choices would be different, you could definitely produce an amazing range of sounds with Sylenth1 and Massive. Hard to fault you for choosing those.
I actually gave it heavy thought. Believe me I got millions of Vsti that I love from the heart but I (being honest to myself) boiled it down to those two. Funny enough I was never a fan of either. Took a little bit to really understand how good they are, alone and in tandem. That's all I would need if they asked me to go to the moon to live there and I can only take two synth plugins with me.

My take: Sylenth 1 is done. You're looking at the last version of it. Massive on the other hand? I think that's TBD. You never know. :)

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote: My take: Sylenth 1 is done. You're looking at the last version of it. Massive on the other hand? I think that's TBD. You never know. :)
.-.
It is definitely the other way around. Sylenth1 is actually being developed after a long hiatus. However I wouldn't hold out much hope for a new version of massive. NI stopped developing non reaktor synths many years ago.

Poly-Ana and Synplant.

And MicroTonic for drums!

And Valhalla effects for reverb chorus and delay!

:party:
Last edited by Nielzie on Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote: My take: Sylenth 1 is done. You're looking at the last version of it. Massive on the other hand? I think that's TBD. You never know. :)
.-.
It is definitely the other way around. Sylenth1 is actually being developed after a long hiatus. However I wouldn't hold out much hope for a new version of massive. NI stopped developing non reaktor synths many years ago.
Thanks for the correction. Just taking a wild guess. I can't for the life of me understand why NI abandons stuff that is actually good. Let's see what happens with Sylenth 1 then. :)

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Zebra and Sytrus

Could do just Zebra really, but Sytrus for the FL Studio integration where automation and per note stuff is much easier than VSTs.

Zebra 2

and I'm not sure what else.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
:borg:

I would have no problem using only one synth. Using only two is what I have been doing for quite some time now. But I could easily narrow it down to one.
Of course I would have to transfer and recreate a lot of patches on it, which sucks :P

I have about a dozen, but 10 of them I just don't use for various reasons. There is nothing really wrong with them, but somehow I don't even open them, I just don't feel like it compared to my default synths. Unfortunately I can't sell those 10, else I would.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I would have no problem using only one synth. Using only two is what I have been doing for quite some time now. But I could easily narrow it down to one.
Of course I would have to transfer and recreate a lot of patches on it, which sucks :P

I have about a dozen, but 10 of them I just don't use for various reasons. There is nothing really wrong with them, but somehow I don't even open them, I just don't feel like it compared to my default synths. Unfortunately I can't sell those 10, else I would.
Is this a Bundle Disorder confession? I have that too. :wink:
Bundles, along with those BOGO sales mean I have more than I wanted or will ever use.

2 softsynths , hard choice ! i would probably pick something unique and cover the rest with hardware :) ,so no analog emulation and not a virus , nord or other hardware va synth , right now i have no idea ,if we look at it what plugins are truly innovative and offer something unique that sound amazing ? serum i didn't give it much try yet , or reaktor is it cheating?
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Synthetic Wav wrote:..serum i didn't give it much try yet , or reaktor is it cheating?
Probably cheating.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Return to “Instruments”