Wise to Jump ship from S1/Cubase to Bitwig

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's definitely a thing when posting on the webs.

Choose your words wisely ;)

BTW - MR. Q - I figured it out :tu:

But wasn't convinced I had :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote:Choose your words wisely ;)
"Bitwig will rule the galaxy and put all other daws to shame with it's deliciousness. It is "ze best", period, exclamation point."

Guess I just broke that rule huh? :hihi:

Well, if you did you broke your own rule :hihi:

Your words from a thread in the past :hihi:

Guess I should have credited you huh? Sorry :oops:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

:lol:

I missed in the changelog for 1.1 beta a working pre-roll for recording. But the long awaited multiout support seems to be implemented. Not sure about PDC stuff and external instruments.

Anyway, I would wait for the next major upgrade of Bugwig to v2. It's IMO still a Beta software and they need some more time to have all this stuff fixed and implemented. In the meantime use S1 or Cubase and make some create tunes ;)

4damind wrote: Not sure about PDC stuff.
I thought this wasn't a thing with bitwig?

4damind wrote:I missed in the changelog for 1.1 beta a working pre-roll for recording. But the long awaited multiout support seems to be implemented. Not sure about PDC stuff and external instruments.

Anyway, I would wait for the next major upgrade of Bugwig to v2. It's IMO still a Beta software and they need some more time to have all this stuff fixed and implemented. In the meantime use S1 or Cubase and make some create tunes ;)
Yes, I totally agree. and will be waiting for Bitwig Studio 2.0 before venturing into Wigland. :)

Meanwhile Cubase 7.5 and/or Studio One Pro 2.6 are excellent options (I use Cubase 7.5), and who knows Cubase 8 might be out during the next couple of months. also Studio One Pro 3.0 might be released before the end of 2014. Bitwig Studio 2.0 might not materialize until the second half of next year, although it will be great if they could release it by Q2-2015, but I won't count on that happening, given they are still not ready with 1.1

Cheers,
Muziksculp

4damind wrote:Not sure about PDC stuff and external instruments.
Yes the remaining issues here were fixed with 1.1. All is well.

1.1 is quite nice. Just missing group tracks and other little niggles.

Group tracks is another one I'm not sure I could live w/o. Glad to hear about the PDC issues being fixed.

Dig into Cubase some more. Bitwig is not even close to Cubase yet. Yes, you can make a song in Bitwig and it does Live's clip launch one better (But I still prefer Live) but like most other DAWS in comparison to Cubase, Bitwig comes up short.

Yeah, just pick whichever one you like working in more, accept that there will certainly be bumps in the road, and just get on with it.

No matter what you use somebody somewhere will always be telling you why it's flawed. If you pay too much attention to all that you'll never be happy with anything. :)

I'm happy with S1 because I fully accepted it's subjective flaws going in, when I decided to stop using Cubase, and things only got better from there. It's been a good ride so far. I was pretty happy with Cubase for many years before that.

LawrenceF wrote: No matter what you use somebody somewhere will always be telling you why it's flawed. If you pay too much attention to all that you'll never be happy with anything. :)
Best advice in the thread so far. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Oh...........bugger..........

(repeats to himself over and over) It's not the tools........it's not the tools........it's not the tools............ :bang:

If you do 80% MIDI editing, you might want to look at FL Studio's pianoroll, nothing else comes close.

automation looping is very nice in Bitwig it's quite PITA in the other DAWs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neUNqsGtEZs

so it's getting better and better, yep PR of FL is unbeatable for sure, but Push of AL is very nice too, so each DAWs have strength and weakness (luckily we have virtual midi cables, and ReWire etc. :D )
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”