App minimizes whne playing

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the iPad when playing an app such as SP pro, fast or hard it sometimes minimizes.
How can I prevent this from happening?

I have SP Pro and never encountered this issue. Maybe you're using the iPhone version if it exists) or accidentally use a gesture you defined in settings on your iPad?
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

Have you updated to ios8?

I noticed this happening on a couple of them after the update and figured it was just due to new os inconsistencies along with the need for many of them to update their audiobus sdk

Spiritos wrote:I have SP Pro and never encountered this issue. Maybe you're using the iPhone version if it exists) or accidentally use a gesture you defined in settings on your iPad?
Hello Spiritos,

Thank for the prompt reply.

Could you please stress your app by playing very fast. With one finger that with two, three and four.
In my case one finger never reduced the app in size to a non-functional smaller that full screen and at times even to a thumbnail.

I was careful not to gesture but the iPad could interpret my sliding or tapping fingers as a gesture. But I admit I am very little familiar with the gestures as I only use the iPad as a midi controller.

So please help me figure out why the iPad when playing an app such as SP pro, fast or hard it sometimes minimizes.

ezelkow1 wrote:Have you updated to ios8?

I noticed this happening on a couple of them after the update and figured it was just due to new os inconsistencies along with the need for many of them to update their audiobus sdk
Hello ezelkow1,

I have iOS8 but had the same issue with iOS7.

Have you turned gestures off in ios settings?
Instant human just add coffee

Kalamata Kid wrote:Could you please stress your app by playing very fast. With one finger that with two, three and four.
In my case one finger never reduced the app in size to a non-functional smaller that full screen and at times even to a thumbnail.

I was careful not to gesture but the iPad could interpret my sliding or tapping fingers as a gesture. But I admit I am very little familiar with the gestures as I only use the iPad as a midi controller.

So please help me figure out why the iPad when playing an app such as SP pro, fast or hard it sometimes minimizes.
I can play with 1 to 5 fingers without a problem.

I checked preferences and don't see any special option to explain the behaviour you're experiencing.
Also I use the default settings for gestures on my iPad so if you didn't change anything that shouldn't be the culprit either. Besides, I think the app overrides the general iOS settings since I need 4 fingers to even swipe the app.
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

Thanks everyone for the help. :clap: :D :tu:

Yes, it was the Gestures setting.
Well I turned it off and all is OK now.
It fixed my problem but did I lose anything
in the process? Still trying to learn the
iPad and the ways of Apple-Think.

Depends how good your memory is.
With gestures turned on if you can remember what the gestures are you can save a second or two here and there.
But as far as I'm aware there are no facilities only available via gesture control think of them as keyboard shortcuts on a mac or PC.
Instant human just add coffee

BiancaNeve wrote:Depends how good your memory is.
With gestures turned on if you can remember what the gestures are you can save a second or two here and there.
But as far as I'm aware there are no facilities only available via gesture control think of them as keyboard shortcuts on a mac or PC.
Thanks for the explanation.
I can always activate and de-activate the gestures as needed.

Yes, gesture of squeezing 4 fingers and thumb together closes apps, so yes, turning off gestures should fix it.

G
Don't ask me, I just play here.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”