Why doesn't Sound on Sound mag. have an FL Studio section?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have no idea why and yet they have Reason tips and tricks from time to time.
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb13/a ... h-0213.htm
:borg:

Sharp observation. It seems SOS hasn't released any articles since the release of FLS9. Remarkable. Excuse me if I am wrong. www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar10/articles/fl9.htm

Orbit-50 wrote:
GeorgeZ wrote:...cause SOS is "pro" :lol: :roll:
Lol!!!! I haven't heard any good FL Studio bastardization statements in a while. I wonder if people still do that seriously these days. That's so 2011 - 2012ish. :lol:

.-.
Well, in all honesty, even though FL Studio is great DAW, they still lack some pretty elementary "serious" stuff like multiple time signatures. Also its midi support is not that good either and using it with multiple synths/sound modules is a pain.

Overall it's still the most kid friendly DAW out there. :shrug:
No signature here!

GeorgeZ wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Its hardley ever mentioned in CM either, which is where its prob better suited.
I remember a time when it use t be in every issue. What's the new golden boy?
I don't know, DubTurbo CM?
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

LawrenceF wrote:
I don't understand why that would bother anyone. :shrug:
Neither do I. :shrug:
that makes three of us :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

CrazyLittleSomething wrote:Sharp observation. It seems SOS hasn't released any articles since the release of FLS9. Remarkable. Excuse me if I am wrong. http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar10/articles/fl9.htm
That reminds me. Groove 3 had said a while back ago they were going to update their viddys and have not. I'm sure it's coincidence.

robotmonkey wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:
GeorgeZ wrote:...cause SOS is "pro" :lol: :roll:
Lol!!!! I haven't heard any good FL Studio bastardization statements in a while. I wonder if people still do that seriously these days. That's so 2011 - 2012ish. :lol:

.-.
Well, in all honesty, even though FL Studio is great DAW, they still lack some pretty elementary "serious" stuff like multiple time signatures. Also its midi support is not that good either and using it with multiple synths/sound modules is a pain.

Overall it's still the most kid friendly DAW out there. :shrug:
And people wonder why I keep saying FL10 is a toy... :P :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Hink wrote:
LawrenceF wrote:
I don't understand why that would bother anyone. :shrug:
Neither do I. :shrug:
that makes three of us :shrug:
+1 more.

:shrug:
Barry

I think FLStudio is aimed more at the EDM crowd these days and i think SOS don't really cater to that crowd.
:borg:

How about we all make a pact? Every time a KVR member calls a daw a toy, we all send him an email link to MS Visual C or Borland C or something with the following message...

"You have 12 months to do better. Get on it, we'll be waiting." :hihi:

LawrenceF wrote:How about we all make a pact? Every time a KVR member calls a daw a toy, we all send him an email link to MS Visual C or Borland C or something with the following message...

"You have 12 months to do better. Get on it, we'll be waiting." :hihi:
:hihi:

But then, again, I do use it as well. :)
Barry

I hate to be the one to break the news but only guys with a small penis use FL studio, hence the shunning
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:I hate to be the one to break the news but only guys with a small penis use FL studio, hence the shunning
:x

Hey!!!! Leave my Willie out of this!!! :x
Barry

tooneba wrote:SOS writer = machead.
He has never used Windows and doesn't give a shit about what is happening on it.
They also don't run Digital Performer anymore, this happened before cross platform. They basically have a sort of ramshackle DAW tips section dedicated to the flavor of the month, not necessarily Mac- centric.

Here's a list of Sonar tips, so the whole OSX bias angle is off, they just don't cater to what isn't popular among their readers at the time of a poll. :roll:

VariKusBrainZ wrote:I hate to be the one to break the news but only guys with a small penis use FL studio, hence the shunning

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”