One Synth Challenge #68: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, this is my OSC One #68 challenge Synth1 by Ichiro Toda. I hope you like it :)

15 instances of Synth1

Host is Cubase 6.5.5

I have used Damien Chamizo Audiowhore 128 bank for a Kick, Dr FX bank for a Snare and Arp Lead, Wavephonic for a Boom FX , Coxy Trance Essentials for a Chorus Pad, Sos-Synth1-

NordLead II-(A-01, A-05) for a Lead and Arp Brass,Filtrer303 for a SweepNoise, great presets and tweaked those for my purpose.
Closed and Open Hihats, Pluck Bass, Arp pad, Arp Strings, Pluck lead I've done from scratch.

Host effects: Ping Pong Delay x4, Compressor x 6, EQ x 3 Tonic x 2, Mod Machine x 2, Envelope Shaper x 2, StudioEQ x 1, Bit Crusher x 1, GEQ-30 x 1, Stereo Enhancer x 1,

Limiter x 2, DJ EQ x 2,
GEQ-10 x 1, Mixer Delay x 1, Studio EQ x 2

https://soundcloud.com/jkflashico/jkfla ... the-sorrow

Cheers
JKFlashico

psmacmur wrote:Photo courtesy my wife.
Nice picture. Are there more anywhere online that she's taken?

spider-j wrote: @pedalsteeldrummer:
Nice, chilling track. I wonder about "noise" though. Did you really add a track with white noise to make it sound more natural? If yes -> nice idea :-) I did something similar in my intro by not having "note off" command after the first HiHat sound.
I like adding background noise and vinyl crackles etc. To me it just gives a bit of character to synth-only tracks. Plus it can be quite interesting to synthesise... :)

z.prime wrote:
Why yes indeed ... flickr

@z.prime: You can always join me in my converted van to Synth studio

Outside

Inside

psmacmur wrote:
z.prime wrote:
Why yes indeed ... flickr
Really pretty stuff there! Always something I thought would be fun to be talented at, but alas, I am literally the least talented photographer in existence. Your wife has quite the ability to capture the beauty of nature. Cheers for the link.

Thanks Z! Much appreciated! Actually on account of my positive experience with OSC, I've been encouraging her to enter shots in the odd local contest or blog. Help build that creative momentum, ya know?

psmacmur wrote: Why yes indeed ... flickr
Some great B&W shots in there. I also like the flowers and bird shots - this is my main focus - I am rubbish at people! http://www.ipernity.com/doc/rob.fletcher/album I have deserted Flickr after many years, sadly.

Probably better at photography than OSC-Music!!! At least I have won some prizes for photos :clap:

Back to Synth1 ... some great tracks coming in folks, well done. This synth is more than capable of some stunning sounds. Waiting for the "usual suspects" to submit :hihi:

dB

bjporter wrote:@z.prime: You can always join me in my converted van to Synth studio
Inside

Amazing !! :o

What an amazing collection of kit! All our favourites are there eh? Saw the lowly VCS-3 poking its head out. Fun machine!

Looks like they have kept Bob Moog in business!

dB

z.prime wrote: Wow, that's a lot of stuff that sounds all kinds of high-fidelity! ... Anyway, I guess whatever works, right?
Well, it was sort of Hi-Fi in the early 80's! A pair of little Senns were bought then so me and my other/better half could listen to music without shaking the house down and annoying the neighbours! Would have bought the Spendor BC-1's, but wanted a more dynamic sound!

The special stands were needed (as per pic) as the connections were underneath! No just sitting these bad boys on the floor!

db

Kullervo wrote:
bjporter wrote:@z.prime: You can always join me in my converted van to Synth studio
Inside

Amazing !! :o
Not feeling so guilty about my own level of GAS all of a sudden :lol:

Also, anyone notice that automating the Arp On/Off sets the arp "Beat" to max and kinda sticks it there ? :roll:

Here's the entry:
https://soundcloud.com/hennessey/bh9090 ... kes-synth1

33 Instances
Live 9
DAW Effects: EQ8, Simple Delay, Reverb/Convo Reverb, Compressor, and Saturator.
Usual freeware suspects: TAL Reverb 2/3 and Camel Crusher.

All sounds from init/scratch. Here's the Live set if anyone wants to snag a sound or see how not to mix ;)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_Fkz ... sp=sharing

Outside

Inside
I Always prefered the VW Campers that were made of red bricks :hihi:
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

DAW Cakewalk Sonar X3 Producer

15x Synth1

DAW Plugins
8x Sonitus:fx Equalizer
4x Sonitus:fx Compressor
1x Sonitus:fx Reverb
1x Nomad Factory BT Stereo Imager ST2S-3