What are your current 3 favorite component modeled VA synthesizers?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All Xils and Poly-Ana
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I only have two:
Monark and Imposcar.
Digital synths are much more interesting to me.

Diva
Vacuum Pro
Monark

Previously owed
SEM V

I got rid of most of mine when I started using more hardware. For me it would probably be Monark and ImpOSCar too. Third would be a toss up between two old ones, Oddity and CS80V2.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Xils 4

Diva

Vacuum Pro
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Diva
Monark
TAL U No LX

Honourable mention: Lush 101 and impOSCar 2

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

+ 1 for impOscar. plus it has a lot of digital ingredients whereas, to be frank , i find the Monark synth a little bland... good for specifics like bass but don't use it much.
my fave analog stuff is the Xils esp. the Poly KB and the Synthi emulation. they have just a touch of volatility which you do not get much in digital emulations and such.
i must also confess i LOVE Synth1 for a lot of stuff, a great workhorse synth..
( honorable mentions: diva, obxd)

Xils PKB II is excellent... Anything by Xils Lab really. All their stuff is excellent.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Not sure about Saurus tbh - one of my least favourite synth purchases - and the GUI looks like it's designed to appeal to a 15 year old

Apart from that one the other ones mentioned here are great.

My faves would be -

The two new Roland plug outs for System 1
Diva
Monark (however as some others have pointed out, often difficult to get it to fit into tracks for some reason)
Bazille
Ace

I am going to check out that Vaccuum Pro mentioned - looks interesting!

I should point out that I only have the Diva Demo, but it will definitely be my next purchase. I'm actually on the fence about Saurus now, I had a bit of a play with DIVA and Synthsquad and tbh i think most of my bases are more than covered. I don't really think I need to buy Saurus when I get my licence of DIVA.
:borg:

Diva, Monark, TAL Bassline 101.

Diva, Monark... that's all I have currently, so I can't list 3. Monark is a frickin' monster for basses. Great Nostrils of God, it's a firebreather.

Diva, monark, and lush101

One of the best sounding VA I have ever heard is called "KarmaFX Synth Modular". Another one, which is not exactly a VA, but gives you very good "analoguish" vibrations is Animoog (unfortunately only for ipad/iphone). Sylenth1 still rules.

...Or you mean virtual emulations of old analog hw gear?

mhog wrote:One of the best sounding VA I have ever heard is called "KarmaFX Synth Modular". Another one, which is not exactly a VA, but gives you very good "analoguish" vibrations is Animoog (unfortunately only for ipad/iphone). Sylenth1 still rules.

...Or you mean virtual emulations of old analog hw gear?
I meant anything that does analog modelling. It doesn't necessarily have to be a virtual emulation 8)
:borg:

Return to “Instruments”