Rapture Expansions - Digital Sound Factory or Fisound?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I filled out the survery, got the coupon code and tried to order a product for 19.95EUR ...

I got this : "You're not qualified to use the Promotional Code xxxxxxxxx. Please use the Delete Promotional Code button below to continue"

Lovely... :hihi:

I picked up the Viral Outbreak and am quite pleased with it.
Seems like it may blend better with some of my other synths now.
Since I've never seen it for a discounted price, it was nice to use this coupon on it.

Couple of other reminders for newish Rapture users for free sets that are good and worth the download too:

AZur Studios:
http://bji.yukihotaru.com/vst.html

Muz3um:
http://patcharena.com/downloads/comment ... f685d96867

I picked up the Anderton Minimoog pack and the remaining DSF Rapture packs for $4.90 (using the coupon code...and yes, I received and filled out the survey).

The Minimoog expansion is fantastic. You should definitely consider buying it!

The remaining DSF Rapture packs were ok. The samples used in them must be from their collection of Ensoniq, Proteus, etc. as they all sound so very lo-fi. They're good primarily for that nostalgic sound, but I don't see them as broadly useful. There are some good vocal and d-50 ish pads that do capture the sound pretty well. I just don't think you'll make a modern sounding dance hit with them (but you could make some good throw-back music).

In my view, highly recommended sounds from the Cakewalk store:
--Anderton Minimoog Expansion
--FiSounds Rapture Expansion
--All of the Xenos Z3ta banks

I'd avoid the Loopmaster Z3ta packs (dull as doornails) and the Mutant Z3ta packs (mostly sound effects and noise to my ears).

The Anderton Guitar pack is an unusual one. Several very useable sounds (including some great sustained guitar sounds) along with a bunch of dated and fake guitar sounds. Worth it to me for the gems, but you might want to hear the Youtube vids before buying.

I just got the Rapture U120 expansion from the Cakewalk site , and it is sooo cool! :) You have to get it.

Examigan wrote:I just got the Rapture U120 expansion from the Cakewalk site , and it is sooo cool! :) You have to get it.
Hope you enjoy the Rapture patches! Don't forget the 225 U120 Bonus Programs on this page here:

http://fisound.com/products/universal-120/

:)

I love the DSF pack (I have all their banks for Rapture and Dimension Pro) but the FiSound bank that I bought yesterday is a quasi-universal soundbank which will fit for very professional works in absolutely all the types of music. An incredible bank! For the very high quality of the sounds as well as for the versatility of the styles! And it's a huge collection! And yes... don't forget to download the bonus pack too, because there are gems even in these bonus!

Superb! Splendid! A master work!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

What survey?

Chad@PA wrote:
Examigan wrote:I just got the Rapture U120 expansion from the Cakewalk site , and it is sooo cool! :) You have to get it.
Hope you enjoy the Rapture patches! Don't forget the 225 U120 Bonus Programs on this page here:

http://fisound.com/products/universal-120/

:)
it was in the basket anyway but that just clinched it, nice one! :)

BlackWinny wrote:I love the DSF pack (I have all their banks for Rapture and Dimension Pro) but the FiSound bank that I bought yesterday is a quasi-universal soundbank which will fit for very professional works in absolutely all the types of music. An incredible bank! For the very high quality of the sounds as well as for the versatility of the styles! And it's a huge collection! And yes... don't forget to download the bonus pack too, because there are gems even in these bonus!

Superb! Splendid! A master work!
Thank you for the kind words! Cheers! :tu:

aMUSEd wrote:What survey?
Cakewalk sent out a survey about SONAR and how people use it. As an incentive for completing the survey customers get the free coupon code.

gamecat666 wrote: it was in the basket anyway but that just clinched it, nice one! :)

Nice 8)

Just wait until U120 Volume 3... It uses a completely new sample set. It's going to be Rapture-HugeFunkyAwesome with sprinkles on top.

Looking forward to it.

I just got the $25 credit for the survey too. Anyone choose any of the Galbanum patch sets (Pisces or Second Coming)? Is the Cakewalk site's architectural waveforms pack just a subset of the architectural waveforms 2010 pack from the Galbanum site or do you get some Rapture specific content?
Dan

I already have all the Galbanum stuff for Rapture. The expansion packs, Pisces and Second Coming, include 361 files from the Architectural Waveforms 2010. They also have some unique content specific to Rapture. The Architectural Waveforms CE is a 32bit wave format subset containing about 10% of the full Architectural Waveforms 2010 pack.

paulbreeze wrote:I filled out the survery, got the coupon code and tried to order a product for 19.95EUR ...

I got this : "You're not qualified to use the Promotional Code xxxxxxxxx. Please use the Delete Promotional Code button below to continue"

Lovely... :hihi:

I initially got this message, but have tried again today and today seems to be a good day cos it just let me use the code, shhhhweeet! Give it another go. :tu:

Forgot to post a followup here. There was a minor glitch on cakewalks side. After they fixed it I got yesterday a reply from them and was able to purchase the library.

I picked up the Viral Outbreak set with the coupon since I've never seen it on sale. Figured it was the only way to get a discounted price for it. It is nice and gives the synth another quality I may be able to use more in the mix with other VIs now.

Still on the fence about the two that have been discounted to $9.95 though.

A question for someone that picked up the Moog Tribute,
'Are the sounds/programs strictly mono, or are there polys too?'

Return to “Instruments”