Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VitaminD wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:
asksol wrote:Did anyone manage to buy Drumazon from Guitar Center without shipping? It does say it's an electronic download, but still insists on shipment.
Guitar Center (and Musicians Friend...which are the essentially the same company) must send the DVD cases out. In the DVD case, there is a card with a serial number.

I agree it's weird, but in all of the similar past sales, there was no way to just get the serial. You had to have the DVD case shipped to you.

On my screen, I see two different pages for this product -- One for the electronic download (which costs $125 USD) and a separate one for the mailed dvd (which costs $29.99 USD).
He's referring to the $29.99 one which is in the Bargain thread. I was not trying to imply that Musician's Friend *never* sells it as a download. They just never sell the download at the bargain price (likely because they're trying to get rid of physical stock).

If you want the $29.99 one, then you're going to have to get it shipped.

EDIT: Of course, you could ship it to a friend in the U.S. with whom you've worked out a deal.

sprnva wrote:The checkout won't let you use the coupon if you don't own Sonar. But I do (X3 LE anyway) and it still told me I wasn't qualified to use it. Maybe because I didn't buy it from their store.
You can still register the product at Cakewalk when bought at third party seller....

But I would wait to do that at the moment, often there is a grace period when next Sonar launches (which is expected rather soonish), those who register their Sonar X3 at Cakewalk during that period, usually get a free update to the new version :)

VitaminD: Ah! that second version didn't show up in my search before.
In the description of the $29.99 one it still says 'Note: This product is a digital download.',
but I guess they just copied it from the other.

Numanoid wrote:You can still register the product at Cakewalk when bought at third party seller....
It's listed in my account along with my other keys but maybe the promo doesn't apply to LE versions.

And I'd picked out a nice Rapture expansion pack too...

jsp1979 wrote:
VitaminD wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:
asksol wrote:Did anyone manage to buy Drumazon from Guitar Center without shipping? It does say it's an electronic download, but still insists on shipment.
Guitar Center (and Musicians Friend...which are the essentially the same company) must send the DVD cases out. In the DVD case, there is a card with a serial number.

I agree it's weird, but in all of the similar past sales, there was no way to just get the serial. You had to have the DVD case shipped to you.

On my screen, I see two different pages for this product -- One for the electronic download (which costs $125 USD) and a separate one for the mailed dvd (which costs $29.99 USD).
He's referring to the $29.99 one which is in the Bargain thread. I was not trying to imply that Musician's Friend *never* sells it as a download. They just never sell the download at the bargain price (likely because they're trying to get rid of physical stock).

If you want the $29.99 one, then you're going to have to get it shipped.

EDIT: Of course, you could ship it to a friend in the U.S. with whom you've worked out a deal.
You might have read too much into what I said.. or perhaps maybe misread. I never stated nor intended to state what you are seemingly stating I stated. I was simply trying to share there are two different versions and the one on sale is the snail mailed version. :)

@VitaminD

I thought you were giving a technical correction of my statement that there was "no way" to get a serial for Drumazon from GC/MF. So, I rewrote what I was sayingto be more precise in my wording.

Or something like that.

At any rate, no worries. :)

antithesist wrote:
frankz00 wrote:Kramer Tape $29, ADT $40, Scheps for $29 and H-Delay for $24.

Great deals!

I'm still waiting for that J37!
Indeed... check your WUP, though.

At some point, you're probably going to have to pay more for those great deals.

I just checked mine and H-Delay finally put me at the $240 cap.

Who knows when we'll have to pay to update next (or you can just stay at 9.whatever).
(continued Waves ramble off)
This is all probably true but they underestimate my stinginess. As I understand it, I'm only required to WUP if I want an update after expiration or on version change. I'm not above grabbing a deal on a separate license if I need it that badly. But I'm also not above staying frozen until I get a good price. We'll see what happens. I have a WUP on Renaisssance Bass coming up. The rest go well into next year...

asksol wrote:VitaminD: Ah! that second version didn't show up in my search before.
In the description of the $29.99 one it still says 'Note: This product is a digital download.',
but I guess they just copied it from the other.
I'm sorry to hear that this is not a real digital download. I wasn't aware that musiciansfriend and guitarcenter was one and the same. That's monopoly! We can't have that in God's own country. Anyway I if I just had known that... For two weeks ago I was interested in a product that was sold as a serial. Then I contacted on of the sellers by the chatfunction because I just wanted the serial and asked the guy if I could order and pay on the site and then he could cancel the shipment afterwards and send the serial by email (because im in europe and anyway this is faster and cheaper). There was no way I could get him to do that. "No I cant do that but I can send the box to Europe". Then I would have to wait for a week at least and the bargain would be a not so good bargain any longer. I asked him why he didnt just open the box and send me the serial. He just kept saying "We have no way of doing this I don't know how to proceed such an order". Then I told him, hey I can help hou with that, now let me pay, then you cancel the shipment, go to the warehouse, take down the box from the shelf, open the box with a scissor, write the serial down, throw the box away and send me the serial by email. End of story. Or give the procedure to your warehouse worker.

But he kept repeating the same thing over and over. Maybe he was a bot. I suggested him to encourage musiansfriend to sell digital downloads like other websites in the future. He said he would bring my suggestion to the right person. I give him a little credit for that.

Sounds like a job for 4lbkitty!

BBFG# wrote:Sounds like a job for 4lbkitty!
and when's the last time anyone has seen 4lbkitty?

bluedad wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Sounds like a job for 4lbkitty!
and when's the last time anyone has seen 4lbkitty?
Good question. Got no answer. :shrug:

She bid her farewells around a year ago. Hope she's ok.

hibidy wrote:She bid her farewells around a year ago. Hope she's ok.
There was a girl here?
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

While males dominate by ridiculously large numbers, there are a few women around.

Huh... I always likened this to the prison planet in Alien 3.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”