Rapture Expansions - Digital Sound Factory or Fisound?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone,

I took the survey mentioned in the Bargain discussion thread (thanks :)), and now have a $20 credit at the Cakewalk store. Does anyone have opinions regarding Digital Sound Factory expansions for Rapture? What about Fisound's Universal 120? I can get the DSF Electronica Ignited bundle or the Fisound with the credit, and am trying to decide.

Thanks!

I have a $25 credit and I to think I will grab that as well listened to the demos yesterday and the only? is whether or not I also spend an extra $5 to grab that delay for prochannel from the overloud people so I can use that extra $5 towards something. Its unde sonar extras I think in the store and I have heard a lot of good things about the way that delay works. Its $10 in the store. It looks gold and they have a lot of fx from overloud near the bottom of that page all are part of a package deal vkfx I think it is called but you can buy them individually and they work in the prochannel as well as just as a VST effect.

I got the Electronica Ignited bundle about a month ago and was very pleased with it. It contains almost a GB of samples and tons of presets so if you've got Rapture and the free expansion packs I can definitely recommend it as the next thing to get. Coincidentally, I used my survey voucher to get the fisounds 120 pack but I've not had a chance to listen to it yet. It includes about 500 patches and 479MB of samples so it looks good so far.

Both are good sets. But the smart buy is FiSound.
FiSound is a good solid set of bread and butter synths and when I bought mine they offered FiSound part two free from their site (I'm assuming that's still available?) Be aware they have had FiSound on sale from time to time.

The other reason being that DSF has regular sales and are especially good when you buy the whole bundle for Rapture. They occasionally have a 50% off sale and is what I would wait for (I picked up all five Z3ta sets) Be aware that Cakewalk sales are often more than what you can get them direct from the developers though.

But if it's a straight coupon off then I probably would go for the Virus Bank, which never goes on sale.
And is only available through Cakewalk.
Last edited by BBFG# on Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

If you only get one, hands down..get FiSound. Brilliant work. Lots of useful extras too.

The DSF stuff sounds a bit dated to me even though I still see it as a pretty good expansion (especially at the current sale price).

Remember that there now is a dedicated sub-forum for soundset discussions ;)
bharris22 wrote:Does anyone have opinions regarding Digital Sound Factory expansions for Rapture? What about Fisound's Universal 120? I can get the DSF Electronica Ignited bundle or the Fisound with the credit, and am trying to decide.
Go for the DSF Rapture expansions, they are all rather great, and is at special price now at Cakewalk I think, most def my choice :tu:

Excellent - thank you everyone! Maybe I'll get both Fisound and the Electronica Ignited - would come out to a total of $15 with the voucher, and eliminate the decision :).

yessongs wrote:I have a $25 credit and I to think I will grab that as well listened to the demos yesterday and the only? is whether or not
I don't understand - the only what? You didn't say what you mean.

basslinemaster wrote:
yessongs wrote:I have a $25 credit and I to think I will grab that as well listened to the demos yesterday and the only? is whether or not
I don't understand - the only what? You didn't say what you mean.
he said what he mean.. ..he wrote "the only?" = "the only question"

..got it? :wink:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

what do you think about this deal

http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/Pro ... ZB1.00-20E

for 24.95 Dollar :p with the discount code
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:what do you think about this deal

http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/Pro ... ZB1.00-20E

for 24.95 Dollar :p with the discount code
:tu:
I checked. I got this from DSF during one of their sales.
I think you got a good price there. Makes them average out to about $5.00 a set.
Last edited by BBFG# on Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for your opinion ;)

there are many new waveforms inside ?
Synth Anatomy

MillerSam wrote:Thanks for your opinion ;)

Can't remember ATM. TBH, it's not a synth I use much now and in the last Drive upgrade I made I hadn't even thought about re-installing it until yesterday. I'll have to re-install the sets now to to check it out.
I went ahead and took the survey though and just picked up the Viral Outbreak set for $34.95 since it's one of the ones that I've never seen on sale (and not even Nucleus Soundlab has it available anymore). I want to see if that set gives it another dimension though. It's a solid synth, my favorite of the three (Rapture; Z3ta+2; DimPro). I think other things I own have just pushed it to the back of the drive is all.

Okay ;) thanks
Synth Anatomy

MillerSam wrote:Thanks for your opinion ;)

I usually like DSF, and my opinion is that this pack was better than their average even.
Digital keys, ultraspheres and wave scapes especially. Digital keys was inspirational to me.
Bass bank probably not everyones taste.

I'm not totally certain on the waveforms as I didn't do a before & after.
But I have 164 waveforms starting with DSF in "Wavetables" and they seem to be from install date.
Had a few single malts as well, so probably not at my most logical reasoning.

Return to “Instruments”