How do you manage available space on iPad?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got a 16GB iPad AIR, that has actually 10GB of usable space.

Is it possible to get more GBs? Is it possible only with icloud?

The unit has no SD card port I don't see anywhere in the manual mentioning any external hdds or anything...

On other units I can plug in an external disc or SD card...

How do you ipad owners manage? (Is 10gb enough?...the deal was on 16GB iPad)

TIA

All that research on Android and PC Tablets and you didn't realise that Apple locks you into an unexpandable platform? You buy it for what it is. If you want more storage, you need to buy another ipad. They are doing this across all ranges now including imac :

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=422755
Last edited by UltraJv on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delete stuff.

Go into settings and filter on app size.
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

soundklinik wrote:I got a 16GB iPad AIR, that has actually 10GB of usable space.

Is it possible to get more GBs? Is it possible only with icloud?

The unit has no SD card port I don't see anywhere in the manual mentioning any external hdds or anything...

On other units I can plug in an external disc or SD card...

How do you ipad owners manage? (Is 10gb enough?...the deal was on 16GB iPad)

TIA
you should have closer to 13gig space

i have been using a 16gig for some time. if you plan to do an entire album on the ipad, and always keep the audio on the machine, you will have problem.

given that you seemed to only be dipping your toes in the ipad's musical possibilities, then you should have no problem. a lot of apps are very small, but some of the daw's can get heavier.

avoid the big games, as they can hit well over a gig of space

it's quite easy to manage your apps, sync'ing with itunes etc

With iTunes or even better the free iFunbox program on your computer, you can move files off the iPad and restore them later if you want. Not as handy as being able to plug in a thumb drive, but still useful.
There are also some external back up options that work over wifi that seem pretty reasonably priced.
And of course Dropbox, iCloud,whatever.

Thanks got ya all.. :)

@ ultrajv, I know much more about PCs and Android,...I didn't researched Apple, because getting an iPad never crossed my mind.... :hihi: what do I know?....now I got one

Honestly, I am a bit disappointed with the "closed" Apple system...Seems Windows and Android are more tweak-able... I don't even know what's inside my air pad :oops: ...or at least I don't know where to look, put it this way...

I don't plan on installing big games, it's more for reading, apps and music, maybe I will never run out of space I hope...

Good weekend U all

I've got 16gb and quite a few apps installed and recorded audio and about 80 tracks imported and i have about 6gb of space.

It's alright if you get into the habit of managing stuff, you can export to dropbox with quite a few apps and i delete any dupes or edits that are just taking up space. I always check usage in general settings to see which apps are using the most space and which have the most have stuff i can remove.

It's not too bad overall but i'm not planning to put loads of stuff on there, you should be ok. :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

iFunbox
iExplorer
iTunes
Audioshare
AirDrop (to Mac)

G
Don't ask me, I just play here.

Settings -> General -> Usage -> Storage -> Manage Storage
Get rid of stuff you don't use.

Ifiles app and Dropbox
Instant human just add coffee

iOS 8 and iCloud.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Thank you all, I am (slowly :pray: ) starting to figure it all out... :wink:

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”