Betatesters wanted for Upcoming synth EuterpeXL!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kuzami, anything in particular where you feel the GUI should evolve?
As you can see earlier in the thread especially the interface has been discussed a lot but more input is always welcome.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

V-GER, I can reproduce having problems with S&G here. As far as I can see the S&H works alright. Very wierd but atleast narrowed down a bit, will continue to look in to the issue.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

I guess most deficits of the GUI have already been mentioned, but it seems you have not implemented people's suggestions, judging from the error message screen shot below.
Being the programmer, you are much too close to the synth, too familiar with the interface to notice its weaknesses :)

Is it too late to assist in testing?
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

New beta uploaded.
Fixed bug with sample and glide on osc 4.
Some more boring stuff like naggy popup if not correct email/password and minor fixes.
A bonus feature...sooo soo pointless but I was bored... lets see who first finds it! Eternal glory to the winner! :)

So far only mac osx. Windows version of this beta coming soon.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

dakkra: sorry for late reply, got lost in the noise of stuff. PM me your email and I'll fix up a test account.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

aaaand Beta 16 for windows available for download!

V-GER: how do S&G work out now?
David Guda gudaaudio.com

S&G seems fine so far. :tu: Been sick for a week, celebrating the return of my health with a little slightly noisy decimated droning thing with plenty of overdrive on the filter now... :party:

Oh, could you possibly set up the "OH SNAP" button as an automatable parameter? Please? :) I find it can make for interesting rhythmic and semi-rhythmic effects..

Little bug/hick-up: with some overdrive on a 2 ladder lowpass and DEC4 up about halfway the sound won't end if I turn the cutoff all the way down. It's too low to really be heard on my miniscule speakers, but it shouldn't be there for ever after I've released a key. If the filter is at it's lowest cutoff to begin with it doesn't happen, only if I tweak the cutoff a bit and then all the way down before I release the note. There's a click if I turn up the cutoff and then it goes away. I saved the patch as private so you can see if you work it out.

Just tried to recall an earlier project where the s&g in osc 4 lead to silence, it didn't sound at all modulated and now looks like this with the latest beta:
Capture - OSC4 recalled 2014.10.27.JPG
Anything to bother with? I don't need to recall that particular patch, so as long as this is irrelevant for future stability it's fine by me. Just seemed like a typical sign of some f***-up that may need looking into though...

Still Windows 7 64bit, 32-bit plugn and 32-bit FL Studio 11.1.1 yadi yadi... Same old same old.. :P

Will check out in Reaper and Orion later, need food now after not daring eat that much while being sick.

Searching for that bonusfeature, haven't found anything particurarily pointless yet... :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wow, that osc4 pic looks....interesting! :)
I've had a couple of minor glitches with the osc4 editor but that looks funky! That is disturbingly ****ed up! :)
I suppose though it is because previous version saved a funky preset. It was a bug where some random memory could be overwritten so it could lead to all kinds of funky behaviour, nevertheless I should handle bad presets in a more graceful way (or refuse to load them).

Good luck getting better, whisky is the cure for most so try that out.. at least it works for sobriety!

Keep on clicking and fiddling and you'll find the pointlessness!
David Guda gudaaudio.com

oh-snap-button automatable.. well perhaps.. Buttons are in a sense trickier since they are not part of a patch like knobs and sliders and such.
...and speaking of oh snap. Next version will have a control change the snapshot size! At the moment "hidden" in the right click menu. Not sure where to put it without reorganizing.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

Pretty mich silence in this thread for a while, is that to interpret everything works stable?
David Guda gudaaudio.com

Sorry, for me it actually more means I haven't been all there after not eating and sleeping properly lately and for some reason didn't post though I meant too.. There are issues with recalling osc 4 with experiments done with the latest update.

I added some points just now and randomized, one point and one point only is modulated horizontally and this is what i got when I recalled the project in FL Studio 11.1.1:
Capture - EuterpeXL 1 point mod by 'this shape' 2014.11.03.JPG
:( I think it was the second top point from the left, though the points have been moved around a bit by whatever bug/error is causing this. As usual after I recall the project when I exit it even though I've made no changes FL Studio asks me if I want to save the changes.

A before and after screencap from just now, first before with one point modulated by the default sinewave in Hz:
Capture - EuterpeXL 1 point mod by sine in Hz 2014.11.03.JPG
And after I closed FL Studio and reopened it with the saved "project":
Capture - EuterpeXL 1 point mod by sine in Hz 2014.11.03 - recalled.JPG
So it's obviously not just the s&g waveform that funks stuff up here...

In both these cases I left everything else alone besides just turning down the volume of oscs 1 & 2.

Also when using the QWERTY keyboard to play notes in FL Studio it never switches of the note when I release the key. Can be convenient for drones as I don't have fancy stuff like a sustain pedal, but pretty darn incenvenient otherwise... :P

Sorry again, I'll try to be swifter with my responses in the future.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I told you I'd be swifter from now on... :P Actually I could only add 3 attachments so I needed to make another post to add another set of before and after screencaps, this time with one point modulated by a 32nd note sine wave:
Capture - EuterpeXL 1 point mod by sine 32nd note 2014.11.03.JPG
Capture - EuterpeXL 1 point mod by sine 32nd note 2014.11.03 - recalled.JPG
Strangely with the last visually funked up version (the one with a sine 32nd note modulation) the recalled version seemed to play fine though it looked funked up, and now the notes from the QWERTY would be released as they should.. Strange stuff...

Beta 17 release out now, for windows.
Most prominent change is bug fix for the odd osc4 bug V-GER posted pic on in the post above.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

davidguda wrote:Beta 17 release out now, for windows.
Most prominent change is bug fix for the odd osc4 bug V-GER posted pic on in the post above.
That was fast! 8)

However, I now get this errormessage in FL Studio when I try to open an instance of EuterpeXL:
Capture - FL Studio System Error 2014.11.04.JPG
I quick web search led me to Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 but installing the 32-bit version (I assume that should be the right one for use with 32-bit plugins in 32-bit hosts) didn't help. I also installed the 64-bit version of Visual Studio 2012 just to see if that would help but no. I don't know what the arm version is, but if that could help let me know - though you obviously need to fix this so whatever is missing from EuterpeXL.dll or wrong with it in its present Beta 17 incarnation will be included/fixed. :)

I'm still on Windows 7 64-bit, 32-bit FL Studio 11.1.1 and 32-bit EuterpeXL.

I had a similar error message about missing MSVCR110D.dll during the start up scan in 32-bit Reaper 4.731, and EuterpeXL now no longer shows up in Reaper at all..

EuterpeXL has gone missing from the list in 32-bit Orion 8.504 too, it seems this is a common solution for that sort of problem among hosts...

Return to “Instruments”