Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Those are good sounds.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

It great to see so many updates and useful additions added to Serum.

Thank's Steve for adding the table names in the update when loading patches, now we can actually see which table is being used, those ---- before were somewhat unsexy.

Is the latest version of Serum compatible with Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite)? I would appreciate hearing about anybody's experience, specifically the AU version with Logic Pro X. Thanks in advance.

- M

Not touching Yosemite here until the dust has settled, for instance all the Steinberg stuff is no compatible yet.

Why does everything that comes out of this synth sound like 1.A robot convulsing, or 2.The soundtrack to a funeral. In fact, most of the funerals I've been to were more upbeat than the sounds you guys are making for this synth.

Finally our stand up comedian is back in town after the Serum bashing on GS has been temporarily stopped.

Aiynzahev wrote:Got some snippets to share as well!
Good stuff. Just waiting for Above and Beyond to come in listening to Pad Rainforest :)

So how do we uninstall the demo on windows? It shows nothing in start menu, and CCleaner can't find it either.

What Serum bashing? I only said what i do and do not like about it. My dream is that my honest feedback will one day lead to the construction of the ultimate synth. A synth so great, that all developers will come together, in the wake of its release, and sign a pact to abandon all future synth development in honor of its majesty.

TonyVegas wrote:What Serum bashing? I only said what i do and do not like about it. My dream is that my honest feedback will one day lead to the construction of the ultimate synth. A synth so great, that all developers will come together, in the wake of its release, and sign a pact to abandon all future synth development in honor of its majesty.
Maybe if half your posts weren't obnoxious trolling people would take you more seriously, you literally whine and cry about every synth that isn't Lush or Spire.

So how do we uninstall the demo on windows?
There are no registry modifications. The plugin installs where you pointed it to. The content is in Documents/Xfer.

Steve
Serum | Xfer Records

TonyVegas wrote:What Serum bashing? I only said what i do and do not like about it. My dream is that my honest feedback will one day lead to the construction of the ultimate synth. A synth so great, that all developers will come together, in the wake of its release, and sign a pact to abandon all future synth development in honor of its majesty.
Dream on, who cares.

bitcrusher wrote:
Is the demo link updated? I just redownloaded the demo and it still comes up as 1.0.0
It's 1.01 - I didn't update the installer version, maybe that's what you're going by? if you install it and go to Global tab it should say 1.017. If it does not I would recommend manually removing the DLL and verify that Serum is no longer appearing in your host (it's possible you're installing to a different location).

-Steve
Just installed the new demo (version 1.017).

So far I do not see any improvements concerning CPU use here. It almost looks like it is even worse now...
Like last time i tried to layer two pads and hardly could play more than 3 notes while even with 3 notes i could may out the CPU here. FWIW i tried using 1024 samples buffer and 2x oversampling setting in Serum.
Only reallöy usable in this way when limiting the unison to around 4.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

CPU use will be about the same as 1.0, it's improved on AAX and Win64 slightly. RAM consumption was the only major change, not per-voice CPU. 1.01 is mostly a bugfix release, I didn't want to tinker under the hood too much and cause new issues. I'm already working on the development branch of new features but that isn't in beta yet.

To reduce CPU consumption drastically in code means reducing quality. Serum aliases FAR less than most synths in their highest settings. I plan a draft mode in the future (which will still be about where other WT synths are aliasing-wise in their highest quality settings).

In any case, here I get less CPU use per-voice than say Massive (by a fair bit), on all platforms.

Steve
Serum | Xfer Records

Return to “Instruments”