Reverb Question

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let’s say I have a project that has a few reverbs on separate FX sends.
I have these set up as short, medium, far in terms of their depth.

Also, there is a channel I’d like to send 100% to the “far” ‘verb.

How does one do this on Cubase? Is it even possible?

Sure I would increase the send level to unity, and the reverb mix itself would be at 100%.
However, the source channel is still sounding and if I mute it, it stops sending to the reverb.

EDIT: Should I be sending post fader perhaps? Hmmmmm….

TIA
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

V-GER wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:EDIT: Should I be sending post fader perhaps? Hmmmmm….
If you meant to write pre fader than you're right. I don't use Cubase myself, but i found this on pre fader aux send in Cubase 7 in case you're not sure where the pre fader option is found:
This is superb. Most helpful :tu:

Thanks mate 8)

For 100% reverb on a track drop the reverb directly onto the track and set wet to 100%.

thecontrolcentre wrote:For 100% reverb on a track drop the reverb directly onto the track and set wet to 100%.
Yeah this is obviously an option as well.
However, I do already have other tracks going to the reverb and would like to keep them in the same "space" as opposed to two identical spaces. If that makes sense.

Thanks V-GER.

It worked a treat.

Mushy Mushy wrote:Let’s say I have a project that has a few reverbs on separate FX sends.
I have these set up as short, medium, far in terms of their depth.

Also, there is a channel I’d like to send 100% to the “far” ‘verb.

How does one do this on Cubase? Is it even possible?

Sure I would increase the send level to unity, and the reverb mix itself would be at 100%.
However, the source channel is still sounding and if I mute it, it stops sending to the reverb.

EDIT: Should I be sending post fader perhaps? Hmmmmm….

TIA
I'm not totally familiar with Cubase Mushy mate but in my experience with everything else including mixing desks/consoles the option for this would be using a Pre-Fade aux send (since you want the effect to be pre/before the source track's fader influences anything)

Hope that helps/makes sense to ya dude :)

Dean

Edit: Seems like you've got that down now already, Sorry for repeating what has been said already

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:I'm not totally familiar with Cubase Mushy mate but in my experience with everything else including mixing desks/consoles the option for this would be using a Pre-Fade aux send (since you want the effect to be pre/before the source track's fader influences anything)

Hope that helps/makes sense to ya dude :)

Dean

Edit: Seems like you've got that down now already, Sorry for repeating what has been said already
Thanks Dean :tu:

Yep all sorted now mate.

I was asking about you the other day. Hadn't seen you around for a while.

If you want to only hear the reverb for these audio channels you can create a bus where you place the reverb in and send each of these channels output to this bus (you can do this for several) and at the end send these busses plus the other channels which are not bus reliant to the master channel for the final mix and master together process
Cubase 6, Alesis Fusion, Virus Ti, Korg Triton & Digital & Analog Collection, K2000R, Yamaha CS1x, Komplete 9, Kirk Hunter Libraries, NVA Taiko Drums, Uhe Ace, Bazille and Zehbra, Polyana, Jamstix 3, Toontrack Drums and more libraries and VST's

Return to “Production Techniques”