New Rob Papen Synth for Reason: Rob Papen Quad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

In my opinion, RP is going to a wrong direction with this sort of plugins. IMO.
I would like to see some sound quality improvements in existing plugins.
Last edited by Igro on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Having been spoiled for choice recently both sonically and visually somehow this synth seems completely flat and uninspiring to me.
Having said that I am not sure if its a Reason limitation?
Surely not though since Antidote by Synapse looked and sounded really good.

Is this a prototype or the final release?

Nice rack extension for Reason.

I don't buy rack extensions for Reason.

oh well.

I like the built in Arp.

Looks like Rob is taking what he learned from making Blue II and applying it to rack extension. nice.

I still won't be buying it only for Reason. maybe if there is a Quad VST, maybe.

Sounds good, nice features. Only the GUI could be better. Actually looks like some SynthEdit freeware plugin. :P

GUI-wise most RE's seems to be inspired by SynthMaker synth's from ca 5-10 years ago

New Rob Papen Synth for Reason: Rob Papen Quad
Good job Rob Papen didn't call it:

New Rob Papen Synth for Reason: Arturia Quad

New Rob Papen Synth for Reason: Sugar Bytes Quad

:clown: :D

Sounds pretty generic to me like 150 other synths we've already heard thousands times… Where's the magic and the uniqueness?

Neon Breath wrote:Sounds pretty generic to me like 150 other synths we've already heard thousands times… Where's the magic and the uniqueness?
But does it sound like any of the ~15 synths available to Reason users? ;)

It seems and sounds nice really. The sound reminds me of Parsec somehow.

There is no visual drawing for the Morphing (like in Blue II), only by the modulation matrix :( Maybe it is the limitation of the SDK. He also didn't show the back of the synth! or is it in another video?

I believe it is a very good addition, although it is way behind Blue II, but compared to other Racks it is nice. I give it an initial 8/10 depending on the video (which it is tough to judge as Rob Papen is a talented sound designer and can make any synth sounds very good!).

btw: have you noticed he is not using Reason 8? :P

still hoping for an iOS version of Predator ar maybe a Predator 2 as a VSTi.

Rob Papens synth are really ugly. The interfaces of all his synths could be greatly improved. But they sound great! The (many) presets alone are worth the price of admission.

His 4 element synth tutorial book was not so good. Studying his presets taught me much more about synthesis.

I don't understand why it's called Quad with the A as a 4. There are only 2 OSCs, 2 LFOs, 2 Filters, 2 ENVs. The only thing that there are 4 of is XY pads. However, it's better to think of it really as 2 XY pads per OSC.

So confused! :ud:

Obviously because of the 4 XY pads.

eXode wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:Sounds pretty generic to me like 150 other synths we've already heard thousands times… Where's the magic and the uniqueness?
But does it sound like any of the ~15 synths available to Reason users? ;)
Good point

Return to “Instruments”