---

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

trimph1 wrote:
t3toooo wrote:
UltraJv wrote:Anyone know where I can buy a bent iPhone 6?

I would wait for iPhone 7,it will be fully elastic.
You could use it like a slingshot?? :shock:

You can furl it to hide your data.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

I look forward to the next release of Windows 10. The new direct x performance enhancements and other stuff promises much. Time will tell.

UltraJv wrote:I look forward to the next release of Windows 10. The new direct x performance enhancements and other stuff promises much. Time will tell.
Current build, as someone already stated, looks more like an 8.2. I installed using the upgrade option, and when I first opened it, and since I had Start 8, everything looked pretty much the same. Then I remembered, and uninstalled Start 8 :wink:

Have to make some tests to compare performance, but right now, I don't expect improvements regarding Windows 8 (actually, because of the debugging routines, it will probably perform worse).

But the Start Menu and the possibility to have a proper desktop even when running apps ("modern apps", to tell the truth, was something that I never missed) is good.
Last edited by fmr on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Current tests show gaming performance is currently highest on Win8.1.
However, that has nothing to do with performance in other areas, or in responsiveness and ease of use.
Personally I think it's a bomb-site. Nothing MS does at this point makes any improvement from a user-interface developer's standpoint, it's all just flash.

A new update is on its way and interesting look at customer feedback system :

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindow ... r-program/

"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

standalone wrote:The top 10 most requested features

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/17/6993 ... p-requests
Basically, I agree with them all (except the Persian celandar, which I obviously don't need, but if there is a need, well...).

I added one: Make the Windows corners round, instead of the square angled they are now. Personally, I find that detail very ugly.
Last edited by fmr on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
standalone wrote:The top 10 most requested features

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/17/6993 ... p-requests
Basically, I agree with them all (except the Persian celandar, which I obviously don't need, but if there is a nedd, well...).

I added one: Make the Windows corners round, instead of the square angled they are now. Personally, I find that detail very ugly.
Yep, some great suggestions there.

I just installed the update, and I regret to say the damn thing screwed my MBR. It was a dual boot machine, and now, I can only boot the Tech Preview. I booted from the DVD and managed to choose to reboot from Windows 7 (and it worked), but I still didn't manage to create a new MBR. I am disappointed, since my previous installation went smoothly (it was done over an 8.1 installation, as an upgrade).

Oh well, I guess these are the costs of running Tech Previews :(
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:I just installed the update, and I regret to say the damn thing screwed my MBR. It was a dual boot machine, and now, I can only boot the Tech Preview. I booted from the DVD and managed to choose to reboot from Windows 7 (and it worked), but I still didn't manage to create a new MBR. I am disappointed, since my previous installation went smoothly (it was done over an 8.1 installation, as an upgrade).

Oh well, I guess these are the costs of running Tech Previews :(
I got burned with triple boot some years back. Some OS always messes with things. I had something blow out the MBR then and I couldn't use any of the OS on it so I went to one OS per HDD and then just one OS.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”