Talk to me about cab sims...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After exploring my options I ended up falling back in love with Boogex- This thing can really bring out character... I'm not using it strictly but I was even trying out nebula but, it really seems like boogex is the winner... I can run this through anything and mold timbre / character that EQ can't touch.

If you know of a plug that beats out boogex, let me know ;)

RonC

depends on what you're after, really. i enjoy Torpedo WoS, Recabinet 4 and built-in cabsims in various amp packages, but i never use cabsim for anything other than literally simulating a guitar cabinet (i.e. i use them only on guitar). so for me those are better than boogex, if only because i don't have to fiddle with impulse resonse files and all that. it would never occur to me to try and use cabsim as an EQ though - i'd rather use an actual EQ for that (or shape the timbre of the sound so that i never need one).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Try Torpedo WOS III.You can buy cabinets or use your impulse responses.

I have found cabsim to bring out character, boogex particularly adds a characteristic grit i haven't found anywhere else... will check out your recommendation

itneveris wrote:Here are a bunch of free cab impulses

https://mega.co.nz/#F!5wlhGKoT!ce8973VbX3MrVTnADXz3hg
Hey, thanks man! That's awesome!

Return to “Effects”