I need your opinion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a lot of interest to buy Serum because the features are awesome but money is not there :p

So I plan to sell DIVA but yeah Diva is a monster but if you have these synths already in the VA synths, do I really need DIVA?

- Vacuum Pro (AIR)
- Ultra Analog V2 (AAS)
- V-Collection 3 (Arturia)
- DCAM Synth Squad (Fxpansion)
- Monark (NI)
- U-NO-LX (TAL)
- ACE / Zebra 2 (U-he)

Thanks in advance for your opinion ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Only you can answer whether you truly need it.

IMO, the only one that comes close to Diva in regards to analog emulation along the lines of what Diva emulates is Monark. I'd look to sell one of the others if it were me, but I absolutely love Diva. If you don't use it, don't like it, don't get the workflow, etc...sell away! It will probably sell really quick given the right price. ;)

I would sell the other before diva.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:I would sell the other before diva.
I agree. I have the V collection and the original AAS and they don't compare at all. I like the V-Collection for certain features, e.g. the arp sequencer in the 2600. I don't think that there's any comparison, but, if for your music/tastes, you don't hear an advantage in Diva, you might not need it, and, it is going to fetch decent money.

You're asking for a comparison, so, compared to Ace, Diva is less flexible architecturally in a micro sense, but more flexible in a macro sense. You just don't have the variety of filters and oscillators in Ace that gives Diva so much of its character. Compared to the V-Collection and AAS, frankly, the difference is largely about subtlety in the emulation, the attention to detail in Diva matters a lot for the quality of sound. Monark is in Diva's class, but is also less flexible, particularly in terms of more subtle textures. It's also not as friendly on the CPU because it's in Reaktor.

I can't speak to the rest of them with much authority because I haven't done much with any of them, but, you do seem to have quite a few VA style synths and you know what works best for your music. Also, I haven't demoed Zebra in a long time, when I did, it just didn't do it for me and I didn't feel that it added enough to my palette to justify the purchase. Diva, on the other hand, filled in gaps that were important to me. The filter and oscillator quality matter a lot if you are trying to emulate vintage analogs.

I consider Diva indispensable... there is nothing like it...

Check out what you use Diva for and then do some comparisons of those uses with Zebra 2 and AAS:VA-2. You might find it is redundant, and then again, you may find it does what they just can't do for you.
However, from your list, I find those two are usually what keep me from jumping into owning Diva. Although I should point out, it's the HZ version of Zebra I use.
(The only other one from your list I own is Monark, but I have yet to use it for anything).

MillerSam wrote:I have a lot of interest to buy Serum because the features are awesome but money is not there :p

So I plan to sell DIVA but yeah Diva is a monster but if you have these synths already in the VA synths, do I really need DIVA?

- Vacuum Pro (AIR)
- Ultra Analog V2 (AAS)
- V-Collection 3 (Arturia)
- DCAM Synth Squad (Fxpansion)
- Monark (NI)
- U-NO-LX (TAL)
- ACE / Zebra 2 (U-he)

Thanks in advance for your opinion ;)
I would sell DCAM but it's difficult because with their license transfer fees or the entire account but then for a bargain price like 60 euro for (DCAM and Etch). Vacuum Pro I can't sell due of NFR status of plugins from NI. Monark is part of Komplete 9 :S

But thanks for your opinions. It's sure Diva is extraordinary :)
Synth Anatomy

I'd keep Diva and fund Serum with a combination from: Ace, U-NO-LX, V-Collection & UA2.

Thanks for your answers ;)
Synth Anatomy

db3 wrote:I'd keep Diva and fund Serum with a combination from: Ace, U-NO-LX, V-Collection & UA2.
more or less what I would have said. :lol:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I took a decision

Ultra Analog 2 and FXpansion Account to sell for a bargain price ;)
and a Waldorf PPG 3.0 Wave Bundle ;)

I think Diva is to brillant for sell it, I must keep it
Synth Anatomy

Return to “Instruments”