IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

BMoore wrote: Mwaa waa waa! :?
I thought you had to be older than 10 to post on these boards? Mods must have lowered the admission requirements. :hihi:
Last edited by jdoo on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

No offense to the people who bought ST3 and are understandably disappointed, but it seems a lot of the people upset were those blindly defending IK six months or a year or more ago when a horde of people were telling you with evidence what a crap company they are. Told you so? Anyway, I hope future buyers read these threads so they aren't also duped.

donato wrote:No offense to the people who bought ST3 and are understandably disappointed, but it seems a lot of the people upset were those blindly defending IK six months or a year or more ago when a horde of people were telling you with evidence what a crap company they are. Told you so? Anyway, I hope future buyers read these threads so they aren't also duped.
I defend what works as much as warn about what might or might not.
Company is definitely not the worst I've dealt with.
Some things could be changed that I was well aware of when I bought into the last version, so I accept those for what they are while agreeing with those that can't or won't accept it.

My only real issues are software titles that have yet to work for me.
Transfer/download fees really do need to be addressed, but like I said,
I was well informed in these threads about those.
IK seems to be trying, which is more than I can say about some companies.

Keeping my fingers crossed that maybe STank3 3.0.4 may find it works on my system.
I'll keep checking back for that.

donato wrote:No offense to the people who bought ST3 and are understandably disappointed, but it seems a lot of the people upset were those blindly defending IK six months or a year or more ago when a horde of people were telling you with evidence what a crap company they are. Told you so? Anyway, I hope future buyers read these threads so they aren't also duped.
If a company acts irresponsibly I have no problem expressing my dissatisfaction.

OTOH if a consumer feels he/she is entitled to that which they are not, I have no problem expressing that as well.

I am one (may be one) of those donato speaks about. I have defended some of the policies IKM have and have suggested those speaking against those policies are out of place.

I have also agreed with many who have expressed dissatisfaction of other policies and product and have attempted to rally folks here to stand up and speak against them.

I have stated my dissatisfaction for ST3 and have cited examples why, rather than just wildly making a disgusting statement of disrespect for a company with a long standing interest and fairly good reputation in the music industry.

Either way, I was not and am not blind but tend to go in with an open mind, trying to see both sides of the argument before committing one way or the other.

I think all will find my posts to be anti antagonistic and pro let's talk about it.

Like donato I too hope future buyers will read these threads and be able to make up their own minds.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

i'll echo everything dsan said - why does this have to be partisan? why does it have to be either pro-IK or anti-IK, not issue-by-issue basis?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Demo first, decide from there.

jdoo wrote:I was 'screwed' into having to buy the full version, in order to get use of my Miroslav and other 32 bit IKM libs. I was unhappy about it, moaned and groaned and then received the full version. It was ~ $100 - and was a very pleasant surprise. There are enough new features and capabilities and usable patches -- that I would recommend it, even to those who can get the use of their old libs free.. The stand-alone is a good quick keys on demand, and the AU was a good addition to my library of sounds. Yes - there is a ton of stinkers and duplicates.. but there are also plenty of usable sounds. Anyone who is still wasting energy complaining, and posting negativity on the thread - should consider moving on. I know you feel jacked around... but life's too short to go on (and on, and on) about stuff that doesn't matter so much.

/opinion off
I have considered moving on and am not.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

@antithesist - Yes, your suggestion of crossgrade/upgrade paths was noticed, appreciated, and relayed. Thank you for that.

To those unfamiliar:
antithesist wrote:I think there should be an LE version that is the FREE plus import (no SE or Full content)... $25 from stank 2XL and $50 from other IK products.

Right on... I was kind of kidding in that last post (though still not moving on).

I'll probably get one of your offerings that will import at some point, just to protect my ST2 library investment.

I have STXL, Miro (big, small and SR out takes), Tron, Moog, Sonic, about 15 xpansion tanks.

That said, I think I've got less than $200 in all that from various promotions.

There's just something wrong (for me) about spending half or more of that amount to upgrade.

I suppose I'm a hobbyist as far as VIs go, anyway... although barely a pro these days as an artist/engineer compared to what it used to be.

Oh, hey... do you guys know if and how many more ST3 FREE library additions there will be?

Thanks!

antithesist wrote: Oh, hey... do you guys know if and how many more ST3 FREE library additions there will be?

Thanks!
There will be two more SampleTank 3 Free sound packs coming.

antithesist wrote:I have STXL, Miro (big, small and SR out takes), Tron, Moog, Sonic, about 15 xpansion tanks.

There's just something wrong (for me) about spending half or more of that amount to upgrade.
Well, you did get all those products for a bargain price. Others will have spent a whole lot more to get those same products (but they probably got them earlier than you did).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:
antithesist wrote:I have STXL, Miro (big, small and SR out takes), Tron, Moog, Sonic, about 15 xpansion tanks.

Well, you did get all those products for a bargain price. Others will have spent a whole lot more to get those same products (but they probably got them earlier than you did).
I probably wouldn't have paid more for them, either (not a slam on quality or pricing, just a statement about needs and priorities)

But yeah, I get your point.

I really was mostly making a "smily-less" joke... probably need to work on the actual humor aspect of that sort of thing next.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
antithesist wrote: Oh, hey... do you guys know if and how many more ST3 FREE library additions there will be?

Thanks!
Yay!

You guys do have, and have had, some of the best free stuff around.

Loved ST3 when I bought it and love it more so now, particularly the way instruments and effects intertwine in a fine rompler. Even good old Miroslav runs smoothly. :violin:

antithesist wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:

Thanks!
Yay!

You guys do have, and have had, some of the best free stuff around.
I appreciate the compliment and will relay your kind words. Please check your IK User Area today as we have released the latest SampleTank 3 Free sound pack (Electric Piano, Chromatic and Organ).

Return to “Instruments”