Summarise everything that has happened in music production and at KvR since 2009

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lots of stuff has happened since i joined in 2012.

Native Instruments has a new Midi controller line out now.

A bunch of people got banned. Some of them came back.

Xfer Records released a new wavetable synthesizer called Serum.

Dune 2 was released.

Sylenth1 is actually being worked on now, and Lennard has hired a staff member to talk to the masses on his behalf.

Cytomic has released a super cool new analog style filter plugin called the Drop.

A few arguments about Zero Delay feedback filters have been had.

Some good people have passed away unfortunately :(

Some not so good people have faked their deaths from TeamDNR. :x

A few people have came on here impersonating famous people and got called out and then disappeared.

I spent way too much money since i joined here.. :cry:

Many arguments have happened over analog vs digital, noise vs melody, etc

Other people have spent way too much money on here and have been seen selling off their stashes in the marketplace.
:borg:

Fish.

I guess the most fundamental thing that has happened since 2009 is iPad and iOS.

That has been a total game changer

Numanoid wrote:I guess the most fundamental thing that has happened since 2009 is iPad and iOS.

Especially concerning the price of software. Apps that cost up to several hundred dollars on the desktop are free or only a couple bucks on the iPad. And i think that affected traditional music software, too. You can get really good plugins for insanely little money nowadays. It's deflationary.

whyterabbyt wrote:oh, and its still okay to bash BT and Deadmau5, but ideally you should focus on Skrillex.
No way! Deadmau5 is still the one! Arrogant untalented (**t! Sorry, couldn't resist. :hihi:

An asteroid hit the planet and all the dinosaurs died. Then Timmy fell down the well and Lassie had to go get help.

People argue over nothing for 50 pages and in the end agree on nothing or there was no problem to begin with. Ocassionaly people talk about music production.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I KVRed the old miss.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

I feel like I never left

The price of both software and hardware has gone down and down since 2009, making quality gear even more accessable. CDs have all but dissapeared in favour of mp3. Nobody has a hifi or a record collection anymore (except old people). I miss the old KVR. It's no fun here anymore. :ud:

thecontrolcentre wrote:CDs have all but dissapeared in favour of mp3. Nobody has a hifi or a record collection anymore (except old people).
If electronic musicians, of all people, are listening to nothing but .mp3 files, that's pretty bad. .mp3s are convenient, sure. But I have been making time to listen to CDs from my collection. I think it's important for my ears.

I do not want to see the death of the album in favor of isolated .mp3 tracks.

thecontrolcentre wrote:CDs have all but dissapeared in favour of mp3. Nobody has a hifi or a record collection anymore (except old people).
The irony is, that older people are those, who usually can't tell the difference.

I am no longer the most annoying character on KVR, a few very literal n00bs have taken my place. I have since become a rock star.

I am now the most beloved character thanks to some timely Bitwig song parodies and of course, our team of KVR writers who come up with all this crap. :)
Last edited by debra1rlo on Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PS and I am still quite talented at double posting. :oops:

Numanoid wrote:I guess the most fundamental thing that has happened since 2009 is iPad and iOS.

Or totally irrelevant, depending on who you ask.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”