eaReckon plugs in Computer Music Vault

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can someone tell the difference between the CM versions of two eaReckon plugs (eaReckon CM-COMP 87 as well as eaReckon CM-EQUA87) and their namesakes, both freely available at the eaReckon website?

The eq has I believe 1 less EQ band, and the compressor has no external side chain

Good to know

itneveris wrote:The eq has I believe 1 less EQ band, and the compressor has no external side chain
Also the CM-Comp 87 has no soft knee setting and the CM Equa 87 has no low pass filter.

My CM EQ A87 has a LPF, but it's just missing one of the bands

They call that one a low cut which is a high pass filter which this plugin has. But there is no hi cut which is a lowpass filter.

http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2012/10 ... st-plugin/

Are we comparing both CM versions with the FREE versions on eaReckon's site?

Lee702 wrote:They call that one a low cut which is a high pass filter which this plugin has. But there is no hi cut which is a lowpass filter.

http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2012/10 ... st-plugin/
My version of this plugin has a switch that changes to a low or high pass, instead of the 12-24db/oct.

oops double post

oops double post

Oh I did not see that it was switchable. Not even when I tried it out. :oops:

Thanks for your question ;-)

CM-EQUA87 vs PR-EQUA87 :
- 3 bands instead of 4
- You can choose between a LP or HP in the CM version while PR-EQUA87 provides both of them (they can be used concurrently).
- No -24dB/Octave option for the LP/HP filter in the CM version.
- The latest version of PR-EQUA87 also provides some extra options related to the frequency analyzer (release/threshold).

CM-COMP87 vs SD-COMP87 :
- No Sidechain section. SD-COMP87 features a sidechain section (external or internal sidechain). Even without any signal feeding the sidechain input, it is then possible to get the compressor triggered by something in a specific frequency range (bass drum, ...) that can be monitored, etc...
- No soft knee option.

PFozz wrote:Thanks for your question ;-)
Thanks for responding.
My question was actually directed at the difference between the CM-versions and the free versions on your website:

CM-EQUA87 vs the free EQUA87
CM-COMP87 vs the free COMP87

Are there any differences between these free plugs?

There's a huge difference. The free ones are basically single small stripped down modules

Thanks, guys!

Return to “Effects”