Kontakt guru's

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's a KP thing.

Thank you for info. I'll keep this in mind when dealing with KP libraries.

treebeard wrote:Today thanks to you I have managed to write my own first Kontakt script - well, modified an existing one succesfully anyway lol!
Cool. Scripting can be fun, though sometimes, in Kontakt, things need to be done according to some alien logic. I'm still gonna try to make a solution on multiscript level, it may be more flexible and easier to set up. Later I'll post whatever I will come up with.

Hey, ED, i'm sorry if you took personal offence. I was speaking generally - but i'm feeling less sorry for it as I read your comments and look through your posts on the net as you suggested!

You have to admit that for a man of your caliber and experience it would have been very easy for you of all people to be more assistive, no?

Furthermore investigation of your blogging past reveals that you shun the use of presets - which is very strange since you make money from selling them to people lol!

Anyway, lets agree to disagree for the sake of not getting into a tiff! Im sure you have been very helpful to others and we have no right to expect anything from you - especially not when we haven't arranged any kind of remuneration as outlined in your old tagline. You can allow me my opinion and I yours, so again it was a general insight not a personal attack, sorry if you felt otherwise :wink:

I'm not selling presets... I'm just doing a part of production of a Kontakt library for various vendors (scripting). That's not really making presets nor selling them.

That said, I've nothing against using presets, but I always tweak them to my taste. Or just make my own... Because it's fun!

Also, I must say I'm just a slightly bit tired of helping people with scripting, after years of doing so for absolutely no charge at all... There are PLENTY of scripting tidbits left on the net, here, but mostly on NI forums and VI-Control especially. Not doing a proper search and studying what's already there is what gets on my nerves a lot. Replying to same exact questions (not implying your question was such!) is what aggravates me - I mean, how hard is it to whack some keywords in and see that there have been threads with a very similar (or identical) case, replied promptly? I see it happening all the time. People are getting way too lazy and expecting everything to be handed to them on a silver plate nowadays. And my time is most certainly not always free.

edit... nevermind

I should probably stay out of this, and I certainly don't want to escalate a debate, but over the last few years, the one guy who has consistently been the *most* helpful with Kontakt scripting questions is ED. He's answered dozens and dozens of my questions, and hundreds, if not thousands, of other people's questions in forum posts. (And FWIW, never once asked me to hire him or compensate him.)

On a related note, for those interested, there's a really good sub-forum on VI Control dealing with Kontakt and scripting. I assume it's cool with the mods here if I link it. (Sincere apologies if not.)
http://vi-control.net/forum/viewforum.p ... 734dafad6d

Also, this topic raises an interesting point about locked scripts. I do lock mine. (Although I don't know why, since anyone capable of actually figuring them out would also be people I'd happily share them with anyway. This is a very small community.) But I now wonder if it might be a good idea to leave slot 1 open and put my instrument scripts into the other slots. That way a user could insert some custom script into that empty slot, and do muting or MIDI-shifting or various other things that have to done *before* the other script slots. Just a thought.

^^^^
If it helps, I've thought that a few times too - making it easy for users to insert their own script into the first slot. :)

And +1 for ED - he is always willing and able to help others out.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I'm not a scriptor, knowing just enough to be dangerous, but it seems to me those tabs are at a premium.

The opportunity to use one of those for personal use certainly sounds enticing; however, as a consumer, I would likely rather have the developer fill them up with useful features. ;)

If, though, you find your instrument not needing the tab then by all means it will be useful to keep a tab available to the end user.

I think though, could be wrong and probably are, the first slot has to be used for the purposes of the instrument. Yes? No?

Like I said....have enough knowledge to be dangerous :hihi:

Anyway, thanks for considering your users in all this :tu:

As for the misunderstanding taking place about ED, he has always been helpful so I'm not sure what treebeard is going on about. People help in many different ways and ED's style is his own. He has always been quite direct but no one should think he is not helpful. Far from it!

And in case it hasn't been said or enough times - THANKS EVILDRAGON! :hug:
( I know your not much into the affection thingy so just bear with it ;) )

And THANKS to the many helpful KVRites :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”