iOS 8.02 wifi connection sucks (... on my iPad2)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aural Chaos wrote:8.1 is out, many people have posted that it fixed various issues.
I really haven't had any problems with my 5s, but my ipad2 is staying on 7.1.2.....
Good news: just updated to 8.1, wifi connection now seems to work! :hyper:

Glad to hear it
Instant human just add coffee

mhog wrote: In my tongue "professionale" (professional) means something made for professional purposes and with particular characteristics (high quality, expensive, solid, secure, guaranteed), such as a piano, a guitar, a tennis racket, a mixer, a foot ball etc. Otherwise there is another word ("semi-professionale"), which is used for all those technical devices such as mixers, audio boards, tools etc. which are used by hobbysts but can give almost professional results. Out of these two words it is all "toysh" (synths and keyboards for kids, 50€ guitars, ipad apps etc.). "Toysh" (amatoriale) is not a bad word, just a condition. Of course "professionals" (as in "Hans Zimmer", "Jordan Rudess" and such) can play everything (ipad included) with professional results. But this is another story...
That's all just theoretical. In reality, "professional" (products) is about marketing and business strategy. While some products, aimed at the professional market, might be high quality, expensive, solid, secure, guaranteed, etc... others can just be the emperor's new cloths.
So, how about some critical thinking & evaluating each characteristic independently? In this case: Are iPads not relatively well-built? Are there no quality apps for it? Why should they be "toys" then?

T-CM11 wrote:
mhog wrote: In my tongue "professionale" (professional) means something made for professional purposes and with particular characteristics (high quality, expensive, solid, secure, guaranteed), such as a piano, a guitar, a tennis racket, a mixer, a foot ball etc. Otherwise there is another word ("semi-professionale"), which is used for all those technical devices such as mixers, audio boards, tools etc. which are used by hobbysts but can give almost professional results. Out of these two words it is all "toysh" (synths and keyboards for kids, 50€ guitars, ipad apps etc.). "Toysh" (amatoriale) is not a bad word, just a condition. Of course "professionals" (as in "Hans Zimmer", "Jordan Rudess" and such) can play everything (ipad included) with professional results. But this is another story...
That's all just theoretical. In reality, "professional" (products) is about marketing and business strategy. While some products, aimed at the professional market, might be high quality, expensive, solid, secure, guaranteed, etc... others can just be the emperor's new cloths.
So, how about some critical thinking & evaluating each characteristic independently? In this case: Are iPads not relatively well-built? Are there no quality apps for it? Why should they be "toys" then?

When I think "professional" (products) I mean situations like, say... you need to undergo surgery, or work in a dangerous place, etc. in such situations one needs professional equipment, no joke. Regarding virtual music (vst, ipad etc.), I agree: "professional" is not the right word, better "they work fine for me". For me ipad "synths" just don't, it's like playing "virtual guitars" with their "strings" to pick on the touch screen. But it doesn't matter. Again, for "toysh" I don't mean "poor quality" or such. I just mean my very personal feeling. No reason to argue, just freedom of choice. Now, back to Candy Crush! :party:

ios 8.1 is sposed to fix issues on older idevices. I feel you on the synths but there are controllers and if you add in stuff like Lemur and Konkreet there's another level of control. Use the iPad for what it excels at! :D
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

8.1.1 at last! :party:

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”