MacOS Yosemite anybody?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cyberheater wrote:Er... No. Fonts are fine in Yosemite on non-retina displays.
Indeed, I've used Yosemite on an 11" Air in HD and in FHD on a 22" monitor, and nothing jumped out as being a problem. Overall I think the design is more coherent than previously.

db3 wrote:
Indeed, I've used Yosemite on an 11" Air in HD and in FHD on a 22" monitor, and nothing jumped out as being a problem. Overall I think the design is more coherent than previously.
Menu fonts still don't look good using Dark Theme.

flonky wrote:Does nobody have the Waldorf Largo or PPG 3.V?
Just sent an email to Waldorf concerning possible problems with the new OSX version.

UPDATE:
Just found this posted at the Facebook website of Waldorf:
Dear customers & friends,

Waldorf Plugins aren't completely compatible with OSX Yosemite at present. We are working hard on updates. Yosemite updates will be released in the upcoming weeks and will be announced here.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Is there any way to install it to a test drive so I can see if it works with things like Kore?
Last edited by aMUSEd on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ableton Live suite 9.1.5 (latest 32bit)
doesn't recall plugin presets. Omnisphere seems to be ok but almost all the other synths are at default preset when loading a project.

Anyone else have this issue?

George wrote:
db3 wrote:
Menu fonts still don't look good using Dark Theme.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6602718

muLperi wrote:Ableton Live suite 9.1.5 (latest 32bit)
doesn't recall plugin presets. Omnisphere seems to be ok but almost all the other synths are at default preset when loading a project.

Anyone else have this issue?

Ok it's solved in the latest beta (9.1.6 b3)

Ingonator wrote:weeks
Ouch.

Seems to be more an OS discussion than an instrument one, so I moved it to Computer Setup etc.
No longer a moderator.

Native Instruments has conducted compatibility tests with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite which have shown current NI products to work without any specific issues under standard installations of this operating system.

However, products with a hardware dependency, such as MASCHINE, KOMPLETE KONTROL, TRAKTOR, GUITAR RIG, and Controller Editor will not launch when the AVID CoreAudioManager/Drivers are installed under 10.10 Yosemite. Native Instruments and Avid are working together to resolve this compatibility issue.

AVID CoreAudioManager/Drivers - would that be just for specific audio interfaces or also include things like iLok drivers?

I still don't understand how big companies rush fixes after a public OS X release when beta has been going on for months.

aMUSEd wrote:AVID CoreAudioManager/Drivers - would that be just for specific audio interfaces or also include things like iLok drivers?
Sounds more like audio hardware drivers to me.

db3 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:AVID CoreAudioManager/Drivers - would that be just for specific audio interfaces or also include things like iLok drivers?
Sounds more like audio hardware drivers to me.
Yeah that's what I thought, but a lot of people seem to be reporting these hardware startup problems with Maschine, KA6 and Kore, I rather doubt that they all also have Avid hardware, so there must be more to it than NI have identified, that's why I wondered if it could also include PACE drivers, which would encompass a wider group. eg I know for a fact that one of the KA6 users on the NI forum stated he could fall back on his Virus as an audio interface - if he had an Avid rig I'm pretty sure he would have said he could fall back on that too.

I have Maschine. I don't have any hardware dongles but I do have PACE/iLok software protected plugins.
The only issue I've had is with Air's PACE protection. All I had to do was reinstall one of the Air plugins to fix the PACE driver.

I've actually had issues with Air's PACE protection since Mavericks. Everytime I install a new plugin I have to start Maschine and then close it again before using the Air plugins. This was not required with the Riser, which uses iLok Eden, so I will be happy when Air upgrades all plugins to iLok Eden.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”