iOS 8.02 wifi connection sucks (... on my iPad2)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wormhelmet wrote:Personally, I'm quite impressed with iPad "toys" [...]. For me, it's been a ton of fun and I think the music apps with touch interface are incredible. I even bought a Korg MS20 iC controller specifically to use with the iMS20 app. Talk about some fun playing and patch creation.
I agree, the most important thing is to have fun, no matter the device used. If I wrote something wrong I apologize, for "toysh" I did not mean "poor" or "low quality", I just mean I cannot find anything on iPad I can do better than on my macbook pro + logic (with the exception of the only "wow" synth for iPad: Animoog). The others are just emulations (which one can easily find in vst/AU format) or VST/AU lite versions (Alchemy, Sampletank etc.).

I realize the topic can be deceptive, so I just changed the topic into "wifi connection sucks".

mhog wrote:I just mean I cannot find anything on iPad I can do better than on my macbook pro + logic (with the exception of the only "wow" synth for iPad: Animoog). The others are just emulations (which one can easily find in vst/AU format) or VST/AU lite versions.
even if you hadn't missed the tons of apps that don't emulate desktop synths (and you clearly have), you are really missing a few tricks

something doesn't have to be "better" for it to justify it's existence. tablet apps offer portability, multi-touch functionality, unique interfaces (even improving on equivalent desktop versions.

even if you couldn't see anything different between tablet and desktop versions, the price of the apps becomes too attractive. sure, you have to buy the tablet, but that can be justified with many different types of uses. then whack on an iconnctivity interface, and you have access to ipad app as plugins, allowing you to buy top synths for 5% the price of the desktop version

Was going to post the same thing- Wow, Turnado, Effectrix, Z3ta, iMini, iProphet, iSEM- all exact ports of VSTs, yet sell for a fraction of the price.
So unless VSTs are toy instruments, ipad synths are not toys.

Aural Chaos wrote:Was going to post the same thing- Wow, Turnado, Effectrix, Z3ta, iMini, iProphet, iSEM- all exact ports of VSTs, yet sell for a fraction of the price.
So unless VSTs are toy instruments, ipad synths are not toys.
"exact", but for the added functionality that touch offers. while still lacking some kind of haptic feedback, the ability to 'grab and tweak (with multiple fingers/gestures) is something many of us have dreamed of for years. who would have believed that the functionality of such gear as 'lemur', which was a rich-boys toy could be ours for the price of a chinese take-away ?? there is even a lemur template to make 'turnado' desktop as useable as the mobile version. also, there's 'thor' which benefits greatly from the addition of performance blades, strum etc

there are very serious musicians using tablets for serious uses. while i understand that it might no be everyone's cup of tea, it does kind of surprise me that people are not impressed with what we have available to us (even on our big phones). are people that jaded :scared: ?? i guess, if you've been at this long enough to have made music on reel-to-reel, portastudios or just dubbing on a tape-to-tape cassette player, then it is easier to appreciate just how f**king amazing all of this is :hyper: :hyper:

UltraJv wrote:How dare someone complain about an Apple product? I mean who needs WIFI? its not important is it? The OP complained about a fundamental connection problem he has with ios8. He gets treated like a lepur because he has other uses for his ipad? Very little practical advice is offered except don't complain here. As long as your all back patting about ipads strengths, its all fine. Very strange attitudes!!!
If it's a fundamental wifi problem, Apple has a forum and support. Unless it's music related, it really doesn't belong here. Nothing strange about that attitude. If I had a PC problem, I wouldn't ask questions in the various forums for PC or Mac related music software, I'd hit up Microsoft.

Everything in the proper place, right? Or do you think fellow musicians should try to assess fundamental iOS issues? Or to put it another way - if my minesweeper game stops functioning very well after an MS patch Tuesday rollout, should I post it in the Instruments section?
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:
UltraJv wrote:How dare someone complain about an Apple product? I mean who needs WIFI? its not important is it? The OP complained about a fundamental connection problem he has with ios8. He gets treated like a lepur because he has other uses for his ipad? Very little practical advice is offered except don't complain here. As long as your all back patting about ipads strengths, its all fine. Very strange attitudes!!!
If it's a fundamental wifi problem, Apple has a forum and support. Unless it's music related, it really doesn't belong here. Nothing strange about that attitude. If I had a PC problem, I wouldn't ask questions in the various forums for PC or Mac related music software, I'd hit up Microsoft.

Everything in the proper place, right? Or do you think fellow musicians should try to assess fundamental iOS issues? Or to put it another way - if my minesweeper game stops functioning very well after an MS patch Tuesday rollout, should I post it in the Instruments section?
Plenty of people on here ask about Mac/PC problems related to Safari/IE and general PC questions. I guess you never read those. You might want to look at the forum contents rather than tell me something useless. If you feel strongly about it - have a look here and contact each poster individually to tell them they are off topic:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=16

UltraJv wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:

Plenty of people on here ask about Mac/PC problems related to Safari/IE and general PC questions. I guess you never read those. You might want to look at the forum contents rather than tell me something useless. If you feel strongly about it - have a look here and contact each poster individually to tell them they are off topic:

Just because others post in incorrect forums is not my concern right here in this thread, in this forum. Since you think it's appropriate content for this forum, maybe you can help him with his issue instead of useless posts about Leper treatment.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

really, most of the advice had already been given. op did come in on a bit of a rant, so kinda got that energy back

the sad thing is that there isn't really much than can be advised, after the fact. the advice is always to wait to update ANY tech that you use. for those who never got the benefit of that advice, they tend to make the mistake only once :shrug:

Wormhelmet wrote:
UltraJv wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:

Just because others post in incorrect forums is not my concern right here in this thread, in this forum. Since you think it's appropriate content for this forum, maybe you can help him with his issue instead of useless posts about Leper treatment.

I did make helpful suggestions early on. You didn't.

Suggesting posting in an appropriate support forum is useful. So you're wrong.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

mmm... actually I just asked about iPad2 "smoothness", since now it is very difficult to surf on the net, and I am writing/reading posts here with iPad2. Besides, I receive audio/music news (newsletters, mails etc.) and download sheet music, audio and music books, manuals and music apps (not necessary "synths": there are lots of useful apps for ear training, sight reading, rhythm, etc). I never mentioned "music apps" as in "synths", I just wanted to know if there is a sort of "class action" against Apple in America either for these heavy iOS8 "wifi" bugs or for their strange behaviour (many suspect Apple stopped signing IOs7 so quickly because they want people to buy the new retina devices, since now iPad1 and 2 are crushing, freezing, slow and have serious wifi problems). I doubt people here just play iPad synths and nothing else, without connecting, emailing, surfing, downloading games, youtube etc. On the contrary, I use my Ipad for all these things and Macbook pro only for audio and music (and nothing else).

mhog wrote:mmm... actually I just asked about iPad2 "smoothness"
maybe if you edit the title and op enough, you'll convince the rest of usthat's all you did :scared: :roll:

Ipad 1 can't download ios8 ! ( or 6 or 7)
Instant human just add coffee

BiancaNeve wrote:Ipad 1 can't download ios8 ! ( or 6 or 7)
Ipad 2 and 3 can, that is why people who installed it on them are angry, because Apple said absolutely nothing about all these issues. Not only crushes, freezes and serious connection problems, but even heavy battery consumption. Phone calls are problematic too, on older i-phones. Besides, we cannot even downgrade! Apple stopped signatures. The only alternative would be a new retina ipad?! Crazy.

8.1 is out, many people have posted that it fixed various issues.
I really haven't had any problems with my 5s, but my ipad2 is staying on 7.1.2.....

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”