Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

aMUSEd wrote:
fmr wrote:I checked, and noticed some issues with the installer in Mac OS X, as reported. Don't know exactly in what way this could have influence. Regarding the location of the PLIST, in my system I wasn't able to locate it, at first sight. If someone has the exact name of the file, please post it here.

There are several - search for waldorf and its the one called de.waldorfmusic.waldorf-edition.plist. However I deleted it and my plugins are still registered so maybe there is another?
That's where I looked for them, but I have none. I have PLIST files for Largo and for PPG Wave 3.V, but not for Waldorf Edition. And I always install the plugins for all users, in spite of being the only user defined on my machine, because I want all files located in the Root folders, not in the User folders.

BTW - Please check if he installer replaces the old plug-in files in the respective folders (Components, VST and VST 3). In my case, it didn't, so I had to manually delete all files for the installer to properly install the new versions.
Fernando (FMR)

Is there any pgrade path from older versions and if so, how do I do that ?

rasmusklump wrote:Is there any pgrade path from older versions and if so, how do I do that ?
From which Plugin do you want to upgrade?

From the old Waldorf Edition (CD protection) to the new one it is free, you have to contact Support for a new serial.

You could upgrade from the Waldorf Edition LE to the full Waldorf Edition.

From the current Waldorf Edition you could upgrade to PPG Wave 3.V for a reduced proice (in the Online Shop)

It also seems to be possible to upgrade to PPG Wave 3.V from the old PPG Wave 2.V Steinberg version.

It is not possible to upgrade to LArgo as there is no previous product where this is possible.

Last but not least it is also possible to purchase the full waldorf edition and the PPG waave 3.V upgrade at the same time (the price of this way compared to purchasing the full version of PPG Wave 3.V seems to be the same or even less).

Here are the Online Shop entries for the walodrf Edition and PPG wave 3.V:
http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/epages/ ... rf_Edition
http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/epages/ ... gories/PPG
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

fmr wrote:
Ingonator wrote:There should be also other new stuff (both software and hardware) but again i am not allowed to tell details, except that one project should be Waldorf Nave for PC/Mac.
I look forward to see Nave, but since I'm new to it (I don't do mobile apps) how do you position it regards the recently launched Serum and Codex?
I don't have an iPad either but i have checked it at the iPad of someone else and it seems to be really cool.
I also don't have access to the PC version yet.

Especially the combination of typical wavetable controls and additional controls to alter/change the harmonic content of teh wavetable in real time seems to be cool and also the speech synthesizer (where you just type letters and/or words to play them) looks interesting.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Waldorf PPG 3.V GUI AAX 32bit MAC OS 10.6.8 empty screen issue ... with the newest RC4 software update I am getting an empty user interface... audio functions seem to work properly... AU and VST working fine... please fix! Matt :-)

There is a new update for Walodrf Lector which fixes a problem with the VST3 plugin:
Dear Lector Fans,

we got some support enquiries from Windows Users related to Lector. There were problems in Steinberg Cubase with audio dropouts by moving the Carrier and Vocoder controller. We would like to announce that the problem is fixed.

Lector 1.0.3 Final2 Windows is downloadable here :

http://www.waldorf-music.info/lectordownloads

We highly recommend to update to the new version.
Ingo Weidner

There are also new updates for Waldorf Edition, Largo and PPG wave 3.V:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/waldorf-edition-overview
http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-largo
http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloadsppg3

This fixes e.g. a problem with the Pitchwheel, Modwheel and Aftertouch in the VSt3 plugin when using the multitimbral mode in PPg 2.V + PPG 3.V or multiple parts in Largo.
Ingo Weidner

I used to own the PPG V version 1 but sold it long ago. I do now own the Waldorf Edition LE. What would be the least expensive way to get the full version of PPG V2 64 bit ? Is there a 64 bit version of the Waldorf Edition LE ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:I used to own the PPG V version 1 but sold it long ago. I do now own the Waldorf Edition LE. What would be the least expensive way to get the full version of PPG V2 64 bit ? Is there a 64 bit version of the Waldorf Edition LE ?
Hi,

the LE version is included with the current updates:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-we

The upgrade from LE to the full Waldorf Edition is available in the Online shop:
http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/epages/ ... s/wed-upgd

If you have the full version ofn the Waldorf edition there is also an upgrade to PPG Wave 3.V:
http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/epages/ ... wppg3-upgd

AFAIK it is also possible to buy both upgrades at the same time (full Waldorf Edition + PPG 3.V)
Ingo Weidner

Ok thanks Ingo. I've tried installing 1.7.4 RC3 last week and it won't take my serial number. I imagine RC 5 would be no different.

My original download link shows version 1.3.0 so maybe I'm trying to install the wrong version or maybe there was a paid upgrade since then ?

I don't really need Attack and D Pole in 64 bit. I'd really just like PPG V in 64 bit. Version 3 seems very nice but is a bit more than I'd like to spend at the moment........... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Ok thanks Ingo. I've tried installing 1.7.4 RC3 last week and it won't take my serial number. I imagine RC 5 would be no different.

My original download link shows version 1.3.0 so maybe I'm trying to install the wrong version or maybe there was a paid upgrade since then ?

I don't really need Attack and D Pole in 64 bit. I'd really just like PPG V in 64 bit. Version 3 seems very nice but is a bit more than I'd like to spend at the moment........... :?
Hi,

wasn't 1.3.0 the old version with CD protection? Maybe the best is to contact Waldorf support at:
support@waldorfmusic.de

Customers with the old CD version have to request a new serial at Waldorf support.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:Wasn't 1.3.0 the old version with CD protection?
The 1.3.0 LE i have is registered via Email/Serial strings in the registry, so if it ever was CD, its not anymore.

Was/Is there an update to LE?

ENV1 wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Wasn't 1.3.0 the old version with CD protection?
The 1.3.0 LE i have is registered via Email/Serial strings in the registry, so if it ever was CD, its not anymore.

Was/Is there an update to LE?
For example the new VST3 + AAX plugins + some other stuff (e.g. resgistration issues in OSX).
64-bit was also available earlier but now is included with all plugin formats.
Ingo Weidner

Now that I think about it I might have gotten this version as MagWare from Beat maybe ? I know it was never CD here. I've sent a support request to Waldorf........

Ingonator wrote:For example the new VST3 + AAX plugins + some other stuff (e.g. resgistration issues in OSX).
64-bit was also available earlier but now is included with all plugin formats.
I see.

Thank you.

Return to “Instruments”