One Synth Challenge #68: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Voting Over!

Welcome to the 68th One Synth Challenge! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Introducing OSC's 3rd Challenge for Synth1 by Ichiro Toda. Synth1 is well known as the #1 free Synth on the KVRAudio rankings page for several years. It is a beast of a synth embodying all the classic traits of analogue, with multiple FX options, all handed crafted by a humble, mysterious Japanese Synth Samurai.

Tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnAuhj2schY

Flipping through some fun patches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAgqiZamQvE

Supersaw for those trance heads out there, or people who want RICH big strings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj9VBb1tO88

RULES:
Submissions MUST comply with ALL the rules HERE
+ Entries must be submitted before the 1st of November(KVR time)

How to enter:
Make sure your track is in accordance with the rules and named properly, then upload or share your track to our current SoundCloud group and write a post in this thread announcing your entry including a list of what you used to make it such as DAW/host, which effects, and how many instances of the synth and effects.
Challenge Page
Submission Page

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a donator? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Member Donation : Sample Lord - "The Extreme sample player, and it's growing"

JRR Shop : UVI: Mello

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster Factory

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik 4000, Wusik 7, and Wusik EVE

Balance Mastering : One song of your choosing professionally mastered

MaxSynths : Free choice of either Crisalys, Cryologic, Teutonic Tension or aPiano

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Electric Himalaya : Free choice of one soundset (as sold directly via the website)

Luftrum : Free choice of one soundset for either DIVA, Glass Viper, Roland Gaia SH-01, Animoog or Reason

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 2 Soundsets of choice
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : The Serpent, a sound library for NI Massive

Ghostwave Audio : 2 Soundsets of choice

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by bjporter on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:34 am, edited 5 times in total.

Back to where it all began eh? Nice 8)

H-man wrote:Back to where it all began eh? Nice 8)
Indeed!

For those interested - OSC#1, and OSC#13 were both Synth1

bjporter wrote:
H-man wrote:Back to where it all began eh? Nice 8)
Indeed!

For those interested - OSC#1, and OSC#13 were both Synth1
Nice to have 32-64, and Mac AU/VST as well. I want to make a joke about available presets but I don't think I'll even bother. :roll:

Excellent Synth. Now it's 64-bit too. There are over 10000 presets available all over the net. You can download from here:
http://veryrandomstreams.blogspot.com/2 ... -free.html
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote:Excellent Synth. Now it's 64-bit too. There are over 10000 presets available all over the net. You can download from here:
http://veryrandomstreams.blogspot.com/2 ... -free.html
Thanks! I'll put that up

Synth1 !!! :o :o :o :o

Awesome bjporter :tu: I've known about this synth for awhile but never got into it, this is a good chance. btw are there any good trance or rather goa or psy banks out for it? Kickdrums?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:Synth1 !!! :o :o :o :o

Awesome bjporter :tu: I've known about this synth for awhile but never got into it, this is a good chance. btw are there any good trance or rather goa or psy banks out for it? Kickdrums?
Great!
:hyper:

Check the 10,000+ presets download here: https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-68-synth1

Thanks to satya for the heads up... I'm thinking you'll definitely find what you're looking for

Just started playing around on this synth. I hadn't taken the time to play with it but it was a recent download. Already coming up with some interesting sounds. Going to try my damndest work off of presets on this

Yes, I found many great drum presets so far. Just noticed the download link is for the beta. Is this version stable?

Also is there a way to load more than 100 banks? Or should I just install another version and load the other banks there?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Wow. I should fire up my old Pentium.

It still holds up though. There are some improvements since the last time. I don't remember all the effects.

If you haven't yet listened to the BigTone Synth 1 presets...you should!
I was most impressed.

http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=1792

127 presets. do whatever you like with them. please keep the BT in the file names. credit me, if you want. i have not botherered to sort the presets. made with synth1 v. 1.11.

note:
as the delay is _always_ in sync to host with synth1, they might sound not as good as programmed in different host speeds. i made the sounds on 120bpm.
furthermore, always check modwheel, pitchwheel and aftertouch assignments, as noted in the preset names, i.e. (mw+pb+at). otherwise quite some presets don't come alive or don't make sense at all.
바보

mysticvibes wrote:Yes, I found many great drum presets so far. Just noticed the download link is for the beta. Is this version stable?

Also is there a way to load more than 100 banks? Or should I just install another version and load the other banks there?
There is a way to use zip files containing all the banks so you don't have to specify each bank in preference. I am not at my DAW atm, so cannot provide a step by step guide but there is something called external zip banks in preference page, specify the zip file then it will show up. Try it out and report in this thread if you have any problem.

The beta version is very stable. I recently created an entire trance track using only Synth 1 and never experienced any problem whatsoever.
Last edited by satYatunes on Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Website | Portfolio

mysticvibes wrote:Synth1 !!! :o :o :o :o

There so many banks for trance genre. One that is on top of my head is named "trance essential bank". It should be in the zip file. Let me know if you don't see it. Check out the Bigtone soundbank linked above, it's one of the best soundbanks for Synth1. The presets are amazing.
Website | Portfolio

Yes I found all those and they are good for trance. Check out the Mr. Wobble Banks, they are fantastic. Also Nowhleen Banks. Chris Banks has some nice goa stuff too. Kayloti bank has some pretty interesting epic drums. Fantastic synth :)

About presets, new install still loads the banks that were loaded in other version. Will try the zip external method. Peace

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”