Speakerphone 2.1 is iLok only

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I always wondered what it would take to finally persuade me to get an iLok. Now I know the answer. When one of your favorite plugins, one in which you've invested a substantial amount of money, finally releases their 64 bit version (for free, I might add), but says "Oh, by the way, this only runs on iLok now", they've pretty much got you over a barrel. The price of the iLok on their online store is pretty reasonable, but seriously, $10 extra for USPS ground shipping of a tiny little dongle?

The price of progress, I suppose. :?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

You can probably pick up iLok's at every other music store in your town. No need for 10bucks extra for ground shipping.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I assume you mean ilok 2. Speakerphone always required the original ilok.
Rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:I assume you mean ilok 2. Speakerphone always required the original ilok.
Rsp
Busted :lol:

Um, no, Speakerphone 2 always allowed you to key the installation to your computer hardware. iLok was optional. But thank you for implying that I'm a pirate, despite the tens of thousands of dollars I've spent on legal software.

And yes, I did mean that the new update requires iLok 2.

My Speakerphone 2 required the iLok. never had an option for any other activation.

I already had an iLok 2 dongle so the 2.1 new requirement is no biggy for me BUT requiring a iLok 2 dongle is new, used to be any iLok v1 or v2.

I'm just happy to see that it's now 64bit and AAX is nice as well. New IRs too.

gunna have fun again with Speakerphone, I had pretty much put it at the end of of my plugin list to play with.

quote from audioease.com:

"Speakerphone 2.0.5 (32 bits only) works with the older iLok key (and challenge/response hard disk authorization) and from Mac OS 10.4 and also on PowerPC and on Windows XP."

(https://www.audioease.com/Pages/Speaker ... ments.html)

If you need an iLok 2 anyway, start demoing some Slate Digital products. If you like one, you can have them ship you a free iLok with the plugin purchase. I honestly wouldn't have an iLok if it didn't come free from Slate.

I didn't notice about the new IRs! That's something to look forward to.

Also, for the record, the majority of the tens of thousands of dollars I've spent were not on music software. Animation software is way more expensive! :cry:

deastman wrote:Um, no, Speakerphone 2 always allowed you to key the installation to your computer hardware. iLok was optional. But thank you for implying that I'm a pirate, despite the tens of thousands of dollars I've spent on legal software.

Just to let you know if this was directed at me; that was not only never my intention, it never crossed my mind at all. I just assumed u either forgot or as it turns out meant ilok 2.
I myself forgot the ilok wasnt the only option as i always choose that option for software that allows such options.
Rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:
deastman wrote:Um, no, Speakerphone 2 always allowed you to key the installation to your computer hardware. iLok was optional. But thank you for implying that I'm a pirate, despite the tens of thousands of dollars I've spent on legal software.

Just to let you know if this was directed at me; that was not only never my intention, it never crossed my mind at all. I just assumed u either forgot or as it turns out meant ilok 2.
I myself forgot the ilok wasnt the only option as i always choose that option for software that allows such options.
Rsp
Thank you for clarifying. I was actually referring more to careyletendre's response to what you wrote.

Ok. I wasnt sure, but i was clarifying my position.
Rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”