New OB-X inspired VSTi (OB-Xtreme) -- how does it compare to the previous ones?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just saw this on the Music Radar website. The video demo sounds really good to me (maybe because the music is right up my alley, I don't know):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QIO2i1d7L0

What do yo guys think, especially if compared to the other existing OB based VSTis?
MusicRadar article here: http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/ob- ... end-608065
www.youtube.com/Synthillator
er... keep on rocking (despite all obstacles :shrug: ) :band2:

Let me get this straight, THIS IS NOT INTENDED to replace OP-X or OB-XD Vstis which are IMO close emulation with complete feature list.
It is a "closely inspired by" approach with some new interesting features, so IMO it can add nicely to your existing OB-X VST line when your need more warm or bite.
So here is the point:
"extract from the product infos"
OB-Xtreme started out as a simple go-to VST plugin for that classic OB Brass sound stripped down to the minimum features, then I thought about how I could bring more "warm" into a digital VA synth and what features I could add to the original design. Based on an original OB-X architecture, I have crafted some controllable diode clipping stage before and after the filter, which really bring some body and harmonics for a more "analog" result, especially in conjunction with the VCF... It can be soft and warm or scream in a good way.
Contrary to all my others VST instruments, OB-Xtreme is not an exact recreation of an OB-X, it is rather a "closely inspired by" approach, stripped down to the minimum for easy sound design of OB Brass, Pads, Leads, FX and Percussions, trying to approach a real "analog warm". However some extended features like an optional FAT mode and Multiple DAW outputs per voice opens up to experimentation like different FX treatments per voice...

Although it is stripped down, the main character is here and the XTREME saturation stages bring the bite :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmP5dAtkBhE

What the saturation stages brings...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kehL7GlRXdA

Bought last night, just waiting on delivery :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Looks mighty fine, minimum donation to get it is €15 :)

Aly James wrote:Let me get this straight, THIS IS NOT INTENDED to replace OP-X or OB-XD Vstis which are IMO close emulation with complete feature list.
It is a "closely inspired by" approach with some new interesting features, so IMO it can add nicely to your existing OB-X VST line when your need more warm or bite. [...]
I know it is not supposed to be an emulation. I liked the simplicity of the GUI allied to the quality and character of the sound. Actually what motivated me to post this thread was being impressed by the high quality of the sound it produces. :) :tu:

All I know is those demo tunes made me sit up and take notice.

So wait, only 32-bit? :(

EvilDragon wrote:So wait, only 32-bit? :(
....but, Synth Edit will go 64 bit :wink:

Numanoid wrote:
Here we go...!

:hihi:
바보

bftucker wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Here we go...!

:hihi:
For now yes, but on the site, it says in small print:

NATIVE 64BIT & OSX IN 2015

I don't know if this is made with SE though. :shrug:

Examigan wrote:I don't know if this is made with SE though. :shrug:
So why wait until 2015 to make it 64 bit ?

When first coding a plug aint it easiest to make both 32 and 64 bit plugs at once?

Numanoid wrote:
So why wait until 2015 to make it 64 bit ?

When first coding a plug aint it easiest to make both 32 and 64 bit plugs at once?
I remember Diversion didn't go 64-bit till a few months after it was released, just to use it as an example. :wink:

Jeez!... why this chronic anti-Synthedit obsession ???... don't you have ears ? ... Does it SOUND good or not? -- it's all that matters to me ... I've read somewhere (Music Radar, I think) it was coded in C and C++, if that makes the anti-synthedit little but loud crowd happy, but that alone is certainly not the reason why it sounds good.
About the 32/64bit argument, I can understand that people who have 64bit Hosts can have problems when using bridges. I'm using 32bit cubase on a 64bit windows7, so I don't have any need for bridging. But the anti-synthedit attitude is just a baseless obsession, IMO...

Axis1~SL61 wrote:
Jeez!... why this chronic anti-Synthedit obsession ???... don't you have ears ? ... Does it SOUND good or not? -- it's all that matters to me ... I've read somewhere (Music Radar, I think) it was coded in C and C++, if that makes the anti-synthedit little but loud crowd happy, but that alone is certainly not the reason why it sounds good.
About the 32/64bit argument, I can understand that people who have 64bit Hosts can have problems when using bridges. I'm using 32bit cubase on a 64bit windows7, so I don't have any need for bridging. But the anti-synthedit attitude is just a baseless obsession, IMO...
+1
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Return to “Instruments”